Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On an anecdote both my teenage daughter and wife had symptoms, test dispatched within 24 hours, on Friday, with us Saturday, sent off today. Lets see how long it takes to get the results, but it all seemed a lot more efficient than I thought it would be.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hopefully they have ironed bugs out, its the False positives that are worrying.  Other issue is in Wales appointment system still iffy and the 400 mile each way trip to inverness for a test is still going on.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Not seen my mum in her care home since March, every time they have said we can go for a visit it has been cancelled.

They have been putting up photos on Social Media which is better than nothing.

The home phoned yesterday to say every resident was tested last week and hopefully get results today.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Just now, honeybee13 said:

That's a great shame, MD. I suppose it's better safe than sorry but it's sad for the family.

Some homes seem to think the virus is coming in with visitors, don't they?

The only visiting HB has been outside in the garden and only one member of the family has been allowed to visit.

My mums sister has been to see her twice in the past two months but that has also now been stopped.

It has been suggested that it's more than likely the staff members who are going in and out that may be causing some concern though you would think they would be getting tested regularly.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

They are the victims hidden in plain sight, the ones let down with the first wave.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

i do have mixed feeling about this, but

https://youtu.be/0enXMI2poaM

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

You might want to read that link CJ, but if you want to ignore that's your choice. The blogger is a PHD in Public healh with field experience in disease control, so over several posts outlined how things were controlled effectively in the past, and how they have deviated with Central C & C that has not worked so we are where we are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brassnecked said:

The blogger is a PHD in Public healh with field experience in disease control

I'm lost in admiration.

Does he have a PHD in how to manage economies during a global pandemic too? It's all too easy to criticise the Government from a public health perspective but nations all over the world are struggling to balance the conflicting issues of safeguarding the public's health and their livelihoods, because that is the issue.

Well CJ, chucking money to Data Loss Dido, Serco and Sitel worked well did it?  Its more that they planned for wrong disease and still haven't caught up with it.  Anyway I'm tuning out, have some PC games involving mindless violence to play  Its time to kick ass & chew bubblegum and I'm all outta gum.

2 hours ago, brassnecked said:

Well CJ, chucking money to Data Loss Dido, Serco and Sitel worked well did it?  Its more that they planned for wrong disease and still haven't caught up with it.

Maybe they consider protecting their own inner circle is protecting the economy.

As for the health side of things, the game of panic ridden catch up is starting to wear very thin.  There's a limit to how much even the party faithful can watch mistakes being repeated and believe if we keep trying something that has been shown to fail it will work in the end. 

• Like 2

Tory council hands £50k of Covid-19 bailouts to fox hunting groups

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/on-the-verge-of-collapse-as-outsourced-tracing-fails-to-contact-almost-250000-people/19/10/

.. on top of of Small Business Rate Relief

and they certainly aren't maintaining 6 feet of social distancing or even wearing masks in mitigation of closer contact ...

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Nice little picture

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/18790597.council-tax-payable-dominic-cummings-lockdown-cottage/

"Cummings, who built his cottage on the farm with his father in 2002, and was listed as one of the property owners"

when

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1034923/cornwall-news-dream-home-demolished-planning-permission-cornwall-council

"After losing a court case, Sue was fined £6,500 and ordered to remove the house and two points of vehicular access to the plot."

The Tory Legacy

Well, it is amazing what you see when you look just a little further

Dated august:

https://www.accountancytoday.co.uk/2020/08/03/melissa-tatton-steps-down-as-voa-ceo/

"The CEO of the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) and tax assurance commissioner for HMRC, Melissa Tatton, is to step down from the position to take up a new role as interim group director, corporate, at Ofcom from 7 September 2020."

- Cummings must have some outstanding phone bills

"She is currently on loan from the VOA to lead HMRC’s Covid-19 Response Unit, overseeing HMRC’s delivery of the support schemes and the governance of HMRC’s overall response to the pandemic."

- aka covering up for Cummings Covid antics as well as making sure he doesn't get a council tax bill?

oh - lol

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/melissa-tatton-appointed-as-new-tax-assurance-commissioner

"elissa Tatton has today (15 October 2019) been appointed as HMRC’s Tax Assurance Commissioner, overseeing the assurance and dispute governance arrangements that allow Parliament and the public to be confident that HMRC secures the right tax under the law when resolving tax disputes."

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Thanks 1

The Tory Legacy

A great truth in that article HB, the test & trace is a shambles, and Wales bought into that system, when they culd have set up their own like the county of ceredigion did, that has kept it under control.  There is rising unrest and derision and much verbal tolchocking of Drakeford on social media. he also banned halloween, so expect a children's rebellion on October 31st, some are already saying they will dress up and go out regardless, don't think police would look good trying to fine some 10 11 and 12 year olds £1,000  for breaching lockdown, press would be all over it.

I'm well impressed with NZ

Got a real person in charge, who deals with real world issues in a real world way.

Even better than Sturgeon.

Way past time we threw the political elite like Johnson, Farage, Corbyn, Rees-Mogg and Gove out into the street and had them supervised while they swept it and did an actual service to the country.

The Tory Legacy

So, anybody know whats actually happening with operation moonsh*t?

Crashed and burned?

It was going to be rolled out in a test to everyone in Salford regularly wasn't it?

Then it was rapidly reduced with all positives needing to be sent for a conventional test - If you could find one

Now its supporting normal testing and quietly not being mentioned it would seem

??

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Last I heard was that the actual moonsh*t trial couldn't even manage the initial 250 tests a day stage in any competent way,

and has now quietly become Final £500M Fantasy v2.73.496:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-swab-tests-nhs-universities-schools-care-homes-b1156304.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/13/operation-moonshot-doubts-over-uk-covid-saliva-tests-plan-after-trial-scaled-back

Oh and it would seem that Manchester is kicking off because they have effectively been offered 8 quid a head to lock down, with some aspirations from Johsnon 'The Liar' to think about maybe adding some business support funds later ... to serco probably

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/greater-manchester-offered-just-8-per-head-to-deal-with-new-coronavirus-controls/20/10/

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Gething should have used the Ceredigion model and brought the other LA's on board, most were willing to, didn't have to buy into the Dido Serco mashup, health is devolved after all.

• Like 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks