Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yes we need to know that.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

1 hour ago, hightail said:

Quick question.  If you're tested where is that result registered?  Is it at the location of the test or your private address?

I would assume any UK based tests would be primarily logged against your NHS record, but a good question

(90 minute) Covid-19 lab set-up at Thailand's Suvarnabhumi Airport

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/aseanplus-news/2020/07/06/covid-19-lab-set-up-at-thailand039s-suvarnabhumi-airport

New AI test identifies COVID-19 within one hour in emergency departments

(but read the detail)

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/science-blog/new-ai-test-identifies-covid-19-within-one-hour-emergency-departments

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.07.07.20148361v1

Indian startup develops Covid 19 detecting mobile app, takes 5 minutes

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/indian-startup-develops-covid-19-detecting-mobile-app-takes-5-minutes/story-pB69DtRslPDJkx3tF1gOdN.html

I've not looked at much in detail apart from a summary read through the ox.ac one

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

So much fails to add up with Test & trace for sure

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

BN, you might find this article interesting. Prof Allyson Pollock is a member of Independent Sage and I think what she's written is enlightening. Depressing though and it would be nice to think it could change.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/31/outsourcing-england-test-trace-nhs-private

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yes the usual suspects Serco, G4S should have funder Local Authority Public Health teams and set up NHS test labs for those LA teams to process tests.

sums it up

"We all know that an effective and integrated find, test, track and trace system is hugely important in tackling the coronavirus outbreak. It’s crucial if we’re going to come out of lockdown safely, prevent a second wave of suffering and see our loved ones again.

Yet Britain’s test and trace programme – lauded by the government as “world-beating” – is about as far from integrated or effective as you can get."

"Instead of putting local public health experts and NHS services in charge of contact tracing, the health secretary, Matt Hancock, handed over responsibility to private companies such as the outsourcing giant Serco, which has previously been fined for deaths of workers and members of the public that could have been prevented. The list of problems in the test and trace system is already immense – three data breaches, poor training and faulty online administration systems among them."

and who IS delivering?

"Despite this convoluted mess of a setup, local health protection teams are delivering.

In public hands, teams are tracing far more contacts than the privatised national call centres and online system. They are achieving this even in the face of local public health departments being hampered by lack of access to real-time data on cases in their communities."

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

4 hours ago, hightail said:

Quick question.  If you're tested where is that result registered?  Is it at the location of the test or your private address?

It goes to whoever commissioned the test, at least at least it has for the 4 tests I've had. Only one of the results was registered on my online medical records though.

1 hour ago, cjcregg said:

It goes to whoever commissioned the test, at least at least it has for the 4 tests I've had. Only one of the results was registered on my online medical records though.

OK, got that.  I guess what I'm interested in is whether you hit the stats as either +ve or -ve in your home area, where you work, where you're tested - or even all of the above.

33 minutes ago, hightail said:

OK, got that.  I guess what I'm interested in is whether you hit the stats as either +ve or -ve in your home area, where you work, where you're tested - or even all of the above.

Not sure what you mean by +ve or -ve?

7 minutes ago, cjcregg said:

Not sure what you mean by +ve or -ve?

The result - presumably the result of a test is either positive or negative.  Should I have added the possibility of inconclusive for completeness?  I didn’t think that would matter so much for how the stats work, whether results are counted more than once.

15 minutes ago, hightail said:

The result - presumably the result of a test is either positive or negative.  Should I have added the possibility of inconclusive for completeness?  I didn’t think that would matter so much for how the stats work, whether results are counted more than once.

I don't really know but as all my tests were negative I doubt they would need the data down to where you lived etc but I'm sure they counted the tests and results in the overall stats. Having said that 2 of the tests were at NHS hospitals and the other 2 were done at a private hospital so I'm not sure.

8 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Four Covid tests is a lot, CJ, is there a reason for that? I don't know anyone who's had one.

I've had several procedures recently as an inpatient. They won't let you in a ward without a negative test result. In fact I've got to have a CT scan at London Bridge hospital as an outpatient and I need a covid test for that, but at least they do it then & there and the result is immediate.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-privacy-information/testing-for-coronavirus-privacy-information-quick-read

https://www.euronews.com/2020/08/03/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-uk-s-new-90-minute-coronavirus-test-euronews-answers

• Thanks 1

The Tory Legacy

11 hours ago, cjcregg said:

don't really know but as all my tests were negative I doubt they would need the data down to where you lived

Surely it does matter for deciding on the need for local restrictions if people are tested outside the area they live.  

‘Flabbergasted’ motorist handed parking fine after taking drive-through coronavirus test

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-drive-through-test-parking-fine-enfield-a9652391.html

Mr Pugh said he was at the testing site with his wife and two children, aged nine and 11, for all of 23 minutes. He followed the directions of the staff during his time there.

The Tory Legacy

10 minutes ago, hightail said:

Surely it does matter for deciding on the need for local restrictions if people are tested outside the area they live.  

The need for local restrictions would be based on the number of positive tests, not negative. 

probably, but % of population infected could/should also be considered, and of course any identified  source

eg a sudden increase of 100 confirmed cases in a small village vs a 100 blip in the cases in london after a rave

The Tory Legacy

1 hour ago, tobyjugg2 said:

‘Flabbergasted’ motorist handed parking fine after taking drive-through coronavirus test

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-drive-through-test-parking-fine-enfield-a9652391.html

Mr Pugh said he was at the testing site with his wife and two children, aged nine and 11, for all of 23 minutes. He followed the directions of the staff during his time there.

Ah another rapacious PPC  Highview Parking issuing invoices  for using the car park, if he was in a queue, he was not parked, its NOT a FINE,  perhaps Highview need to be told any ANPR they are using isn't suitable for people waiting in a queue, for legitimate NHS purposes.

"I didn’t even leave the car the whole time I was there.”

If Highview did try Court on any of this type of Invoice and  Mr Pugh is unlikely to be the only one affected as thHighviews response to the Indy was  

"A spokesperson for Highview Parking said any PCNs issued “incorrectly” would be cancelled, adding that on 7 July, the company were only notified the site was used for coronavirus testing “more than a week later

If someone doesn't complain or they appeal, don't think Highview would  allow all invoices to be killed off they might try court on some the recent OPS case in Lewes CC would get them in hot water and a defeat in a defended claim. Other cases have shown that  a queue to get out isn't Parking so queuing for a test isn't either .

1 hour ago, tobyjugg2 said:

probably, but % of population infected could/should also be considered, and of course any identified  source

eg a sudden increase of 100 confirmed cases in a small village vs a 100 blip in the cases in london after a rave

That's the sort of thing I was interested in.  Figures are reported for the area covered by my district council but there are no hospitals or testing centres.   If home address isn't what matters this could lead to a rather ridiculous situation where there are no cases but there are deaths.  There are loads of people within the district work for the NHS at large hospitals outwith the area for at least two different hospital trusts.  When they're tested does the result (+ve or -ve because both do matter) count for those cities or for their home address?  Is it recorded against both - if so does that count as two tests?

It must be the home address that counts, otherwise how do they measure infection rates in local areas? - it'll be linked to from here probably https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-data-methodology/covid-19-testing-data-methodology-note

Edited by cjcregg

1 hour ago, hightail said:

That's the sort of thing I was interested in.  Figures are reported for the area covered by my district council but there are no hospitals or testing centres.   If home address isn't what matters this could lead to a rather ridiculous situation where there are no cases but there are deaths.  There are loads of people within the district work for the NHS at large hospitals outwith the area for at least two different hospital trusts.  When they're tested does the result (+ve or -ve because both do matter) count for those cities or for their home address?  Is it recorded against both - if so does that count as two tests?

I've done some checking on what actually happens with the result with people who have been for tests - a number of NHS staff (plus some neighbours)

First

The competence of the drive in test centers would appear to be shockingly poor, with

a number of lost results and multiple 11 day plus waits for results even in this small sample

Two swaps being taken (rather than one) with two test results coming back with conflicting results (let alone results saying inconclusive or other things other than positive or negative

and, despite the assurances on the ICO site, and by the gov site, even people who have had multiple tests - there is nothing on their medical records - so where the data is going - ??

Small sample of 11 so far with 6 who have had multiple tests

A small minority of the tests went smoothly with fast results - including mine.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks