Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 28/07/2020 at 09:24, honeybee13 said:

I just spotted this from the Guardian, on quarantine, etc.

This is the first paragraph [my bold].

'Another day, another sadly predictable U-turn from the government of Boris Johnson. A few weeks ago ministers were encouraging the public to go abroad for their holidays. They did so without a comprehensive airport testing regime for passengers, unlike in many parts of the world. As restrictions have been lifted across Europe, countries have reported rises in Covid-19 cases. People returning from Spain, which has seen a spike in infections, now face mandatory quarantine. The farce means that the transport secretary will be one of those self-isolating.'

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/27/the-guardian-view-on-a-new-normal-holidays-abroad-quarantine-at-home

and again

(Culture Secretary) "Oliver Dowden has said people should continue to book holidays this summer to countries on the government’s airbridge agreement list,

but warned they need to be aware of the risk “that quarantine could be imposed”.

Should that be  ' they need to be aware of the risk that some easy option will be taken that fits the populist rhetoric whethyer or not its a sensible thing to do, let alone the best option'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-mandatory-uk-quarantine-oliver-dowden-airbridge-a9643231.html

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

7 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

My point was that once restrictions were being lifted, ministers were encouraging people to go abroad if they wanted to but I didn't notice them pointing out possible risks.

The advice on the FO site has always said that it's under constant review. The world and his wife knows that signs of spike mean anything can change.

Their ongoing utter stupidity seems to be boundless

"Testing passengers for Covid-19 on arrival in the UK is “not a silver bullet”, the culture secretary, Oliver Dowden, has said, as Downing Street continues to come under pressure over quarantine plans."

Whereas it seems he must consider that sending untested people out into the country to travel home by whatever means; with the approved alternative of a few select words in their ear;   ... is?

What a pillock.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/29/testing-for-covid-19-on-arrival-in-uk-is-no-silver-bullet-says-minister

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Latest updates

** Self isolation period for people with coronavirus symptoms may increas to 14 days

eg headache, loss of sense of smell, stomach upset, cough, crotch itch, no symptoms at all et all,

... but testing not to be increased at all

** Britains 'world beating' 'test and trace' remains world beating

but only in being possibly the most ineffective, under utilised and poorly managed test and trace in the western world

** Johnsons' sick man of Europe (aka 'us')

Trys to avoid future blame and responsibility for his failings

by pre-emptively pointing finger at EU (aka 'them') for future outbreaks

** Britain and Spains excess deaths compared by the ONS

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/articles/comparisonsofallcausemortalitybetweeneuropeancountriesandregions/januarytojune2020

UKvSpain.thumb.jpg.5c19dc99ed0f6eaed896af4cf9d9fcb5.jpg

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Latest

Handcock says:

Policies (including sending people home across the UK untested from airports after returning from UK defined 'hotspots' 

and increasing isolation period (without testing them) for people with some sort of symptoms which may or may not be a simple upset tummy or hangover or pollen allergy or dengue fever  ......

'led by clinical science'

Tobyjugg says:

Handcock seems to present an overwhelming aroma of bull manure

The Tory Legacy

This doesn't make much sense when they also want to keep the economy open. I've read articles where the authors say that a properly operated testing system can save money because people can keep on working or spending to keep economic activity turning over.

I don't think our Matt has necessarily grasped how a joined up testing system works and certainly the parallel private one isn't giving vital test result information to the very people who need it, local authorities.

• Like 2

Illegitimi non carborundum

The muppet has deliberately kept the LA's out of the loop relying on Central C & C@ PHE, and his buddy-pals in Serco and G4S.  Gething & Drakeford little better in Wales. Apparently they were going to Centralise testing in Cardiff & Swansea, until they were told its a 5 hour trip from North Wales 180 odd miles when they had a 5 mile from home restriction in place.  Luckily they then sorted local testing..

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Tories seem to hate LAs but I'm convinced that if they'd been given the resources instead of starved of cash, they'd have done a better job and probably for less money.

Did anyone see the recent interviews with Matt Hancock? Asked about whether people are self-isolating after holidays in Spain, he came out with the biggest load of - err - platitudes without giving any detail at all. Charlie Stayt on This Morning only wanted to know how many people are complying and how it was being checked and I was none the wiser at the end. I wonder if Matt actually knows how it all works, assuming it is.

• Like 1

The police have stated its neither their responsibility nor do they have the manpower to do the 'checking'  haven't they

Anyone else at the door, eg Tv licencing type goons can 'jogg on

.. and all for the lack of some of the claimed available test capacity being used sensibly where its needed

FGS

Using it the way I suggested would make the stats look better

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

The TV Licensing Goons and Bailiffs will be out and about again soon, loads of Over 75's to go after for the goons from Saturday

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Just imagine it

Goon:

Hello, Are you the house owner?

Me:

Show me your id

Goon:

shows capita id

Me:

Shuts door.

or

me@ Hears knock at door - looks through window and sees goon

me - coughs through window - sod off I'm isolating.

Mind you - that might give them a result :-(

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Going off Goon behaviour he might claim to be a researcher, and try to avoid showing ID, a Survey on what you watch Sir........by the way what's your name?  Mr T.H .E Occupier....

You're right about the police, TJ, they said a while back they didn't have the manpower, didn't they?

LA contact tracing has a very high success rate and people seem to trust them enough to give them the necessary information. Then they were meant to be followed up by under-utilised NHS volunteers, AIUI. With the right resources, I'd have thought they could do this as well, but of course they don't have the resources. :classic_sad:

• Thanks 1

Must admit though with O/H and DIL both NHS key workers (with no pay increase pending)

We would book a test despite the data privacy and security (lack of) issues, as we already have once when O/H had an upset tummy and GP surgery was 'OMG Covid don't come in'

Just now, honeybee13 said:

You're right about the police, TJ, they said a while back they didn't have the manpower, didn't they?

LA contact tracing has a very high success rate and people seem to trust them enough to give them the necessary information. Then they were meant to be followed up by under-utilised NHS volunteers, AIUI. With the right resources, I'd have thought they could do this as well, but of course they don't have the resources. :classic_sad:

They should have spent the money on the LA's not private profits

These sort of issues simply aren't going away any time

Dengue outbreaks on the increase in Florida aren't they.

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2020/07/27/four-new-cases-dengue-fever-florida-keys/

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Huh??

Self isolation for folk with some sort of symptom increased to 10 days

Still no competent and relevant testing

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-self-isolation-period-uk-symptoms-10-days-latest-a9645281.html

LOL

2 in one

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

heres the link that was intended

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2020/07/27/four-new-cases-dengue-fever-florida-keys/

Note

Dengue fever is not contagious but is transmitted by the bite of an infected Aedes aegypti mosquito.

No idea what happened with the last post(s)

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

seems two somehow became linked and editing one changed both

The Tory Legacy

If you post within a couple of minutes of a recent post on the same thread, the system mergees them. I haven't heard of it editing before.

Do you know what went missing?

As an example, I'm posting this a minute or so later and expect it to be merged with my post #1076.

You should be able to see it in your notifications

I edited the florida post and it 'paired with the earlier increase to 10 days post

# 1093 and 1094

editing one then also edited other the same

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

1 hour ago, honeybee13 said:

LA contact tracing has a very high success rate and people seem to trust them enough to give them the necessary information.

Exactly, and no-one in their right mind trusts Johnson, Gove and the 'selected private parties with their data .. or anything really.

.. and quite right too

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks