• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

4 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

He says he's never considered resigning.

My gobstruck moment so far is that Demonic drove 30 miles to Barnard Castle and 30 miles back to test his eyesight? 🤯

He seems to quite clearly showing he's in charge and doesn't give a crap what anyone thinks

The public 'briefing that what he says IS the situation seems to clearly demonstrate that

Both him and Johnson needs to be gone, along with ALL those who excuse this SPAD

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

11 minutes ago, brassnecked said:

Police enforcing Lockdown on Colwyn Bay prom  today are getting all medieval on people.

and what are the police going to do if everyone says they are testing their eyesight after being locked indoors apart from brief occasional trips to a supermarket queue for weeks?

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 2

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

5 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

and what are the police going to do if everyone says they are testing their eyesight after being locked indoors apart from brief occasional trips to a supermarket queue for weeks?

Quite so, it makes it much harder for them.

Also 'I was just following my instincts, officer'.

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

8 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

here's a fine Non Essential Journey that's what they will say. I feel like going for a drive and telling them am homeless wife just kicked me out,  need to find a layby to kip in the car in see what they say. 

North Wales Police are getting medieval on everybody, they tried to send a delivery driver from an Abergele depot, to Manchester at an A55 roadblock I was told, apparently he had been delivering in Deeside so in England & Wales, it was Friday afternoon so they decided a guy in a liveried van in company uniform was coming to Wales for a jaunt.  Apparently he had to phone the depot who had to tell the copper that yes they wanted their van back at depot for next days deliveries, and no it would be no good in Manchester.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Wonder if any people previously fined will appeal?

The Tory Legacy

I think Cummings' journeys were fully sanctioned and authorities aware.  At that time it would be almost impossible for a normal person to drive that distance as a couple with a child in the car without being stopped/checked/questioned.  It would also answer why there was an expectation of 'security' at his destination.

the security question could be with regard to Cummings staying there?

What are his 'official' security options?

Rasputins dad

People hate you son, why have you brought that hate here - and Coronavirus too

Rasputin

Hiding somewhere nice dad. Tough on you but its what I wanted

Rasputins dad thinks

I'll ring and ask for security .. that will shaft the little b******

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Gove will be rubbing his little hands together in glee. He been quite careful in his limited wording in 'supporting demonic.

but he poo'd his own pot a bit with that priority preferential test

No confidence vote (in PM not party).

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

59 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Have Durham police said they were aware, hightail? I haven't seen it but I could have missed something.

I haven’t even looked.  I doubt some PR bod would have been in the loop.

March 23:

As the coronavirus crisis escalates, the UK is placed into lockdown with strict limitations on travel.

The Government guidelines state: “You should not be visiting family members who do not live in your home.”

The prime minister tells the UK public they "must stay at home". People are warned not to meet friends or family members they do not live with.

Those with symptoms had already been told to self-isolate

Friday 27 March: Downing Street

On the day Cummings ran out of No 10, his wife, Mary Wakefield, appears to have been already ill, according to her Spectator article about the experience, in which she says: “My husband did rush home to look after me.”

Both Boris Johnson and Health Secretary Matt Hancock test positive for coronavirus, while chief medical officer Chris Whitty says he has symptoms of the disease and is self-isolating.

Mr Cummings said: "I suddenly got a call from my wife who was looking after our four-year-old child. She told me she suddenly felt badly ill."

He went home and after a couple of hours his wife felt better and he returned to work.

"There were many critical things at work and she asked me to return [to work] in the afternoon and I did."

He then "drove up to Durham that night arriving at roughly midnight" with his family.

In spectator articles on 24th and 25th April

* Wakefield (wife) wrote in the spectator that Cummings said “I feel weird” and collapsed 24 hours after he came home to look after her

* She went on to explain that for the next 10 days “Dom couldn’t get out of bed. Day in, day out for ten days he lay doggo with a high fever and spasms that made the muscles lump and twitch in his legs.”

* Cummings wrote that “at the end of March and for the first two weeks of April I was ill, so we were both shut in together.”

* The following days, by Wakefield’s account, were a mixture of family idyll and health nightmare, as she made a “palace out of polystyrene packaging” with their son … even as Cummings’s breathing got so bad that she feared he should be in hospital.

But 10 days after her husband first fell ill, she said, he began to feel better – just as Boris Johnson went into hospital.

That would place the improvement in his condition around Sunday 5 April,

Sat March 28th

Is apparently the day Cummings said “I feel weird” and collapsed 24 hours after he came home to look after her

His wife went on to explain that for the next 10 days “Dom couldn’t get out of bed. Day in, day out for ten days he lay doggo with a high fever and spasms that made the muscles lump and twitch in his legs.”

Cummings wrote that “at the end of March and for the first two weeks of April I was ill, so we were both shut in together.”

10 days from March 28th – would take us to the 7th April.

Mon March 30:

Downing Street confirms Mr Cummings is suffering from coronavirus symptoms and is self-isolating.

Tuesday 31 March/1st April: Durham

The police have said that on 31 March they were “made aware of reports” of Cummings’s presence in the area

and had then contacted the family to “reiterate the appropriate advice around essential travel”.

2 April:

During the night, Mr Cummings' four-year-old son "threw up and had a bad fever". Following medical advice, an ambulance took the child to hospital. He was accompanied by Mr Cummings' wife

3 April:

Mr Cummings' son spent the night in hospital and woke up the next day having "recovered".

He was tested for coronavirus and his mother, who was with him at the hospital, was told "they should return home".

According to Mr Cummings, there were no taxis so he "drove to the hospital, picked him up and returned home". He said he "did not leave the car or have any contact with anybody on this short trip".

Sunday 5 April: The ‘Abba’ sighting (despite claims of ten days where he couldn’t get up with a high fever)

Cummings alledgedly seen in Garden with AbbA blaring

But 10 days after her husband first fell ill, she said, he began to feel better

– just as Boris Johnson went into hospital. Which would place the improvement in his condition around Sunday 5 April,

… Although the claimed 10 days after the 28th – the earliest point at which Cummings was said to have been symptomatic – would be the 7 April.

The Guardian approaches Downing Street about the story, only to be told by a spokesman: “It will be a no comment on that one.”

Mr Cummings said "after I started to recover, one day in the second week, I tried to walk outside the house". He confirmed he, his wife and his son went for a walk into woods owned by his father and it was at this point he was seen by passers-by but his family "had no interaction with them". The exact date is not clear but his second week isolating in Durham would have between 4-11th

6 April:

At some point in the week leading up to this date, Mr Cummings discussed his decision to travel to Durham with the prime minister. "When we were both sick and in bed," he said, "I mentioned to him what I had done. Unsurprisingly given the condition we were in, neither of us remember the conversation in any detail."

Fri April 10:

Number 10 is again contacted for comment regarding Mr Cumming’s trip by the Guardian. Instead of defending the journey, officials declined to comment.

Fri 10th/Sat 11th April:

The 14-day period of Cummings’s isolation would have expired on 10/11th April, assuming it is counted from when Wakefield appears to have first fallen ill on 27 March or when Cummings fell ill 24 hours later.

11 April: Believing he had recovered by this date, albeit "feeling weak and exhausted", Mr Cummings said he "sought expert medical advice". "I explained our family's symptoms and all the timings and asked if it was safe to return to work on Monday or Tuesday, seek childcare and so on. I was told that it was safe and I could return to work"

Sunday 12 April: Barnard Castle

Wakefield’s birthday, according to Companies House records – they allegedly made a trip to Barnard Castle, a charming town 30 miles from the Cummings’s family property, described on the English Heritage website as having “fantastic views” and “plenty to do for families on a day out”.

That detail emerged in an interview with Robin Lees, a retired chemistry teacher who lives in the town.

Lees, who says he has a photographic memory, told the Guardian he was “a bit gobsmacked” to see Cummings, and then was so incensed that he made a note of the family car’s numberplate and checked it online when he got home.

Cummings acknowledges he drove to Barnard Castle, 30 miles from his parents' home in Durham, with his wife and child. He explained this episode as needing to test his driving was fine before making the long drive back to London. He said he'd been having problems with his vision

Tuesday 14 April: London

The Guardian asked Wakefield to confirm whether the family had been in London throughout the lockdown period, but received no reply.

Cummings was photographed back in Downing Street on 14 April

Sunday 19 April: ‘bluebell’ woods - Cummings and Wakefield in Houghall woods?

Could Cummings have then gone back to the north-east from London? Downing Street is emphatic that he did not.

The denial came after another witness claimed to the Guardian and Sunday Mirror that they had seen Cummings and Wakefield on a country walk in Houghall Woods, a beauty spot near his parents’ property in Durham.

According to this account, Cummings said: “Aren’t the bluebells lovely?”

Cummings says he did not return to Durham

Monday 20 April

Cummings seen in London again

May 23:

Downing Street statement: “Owing to his wife being infected with suspected coronavirus and the high likelihood that he would himself become unwell, it was essential for Dominic Cummings to ensure his young child could be properly cared for.”

The statement said: “At no stage was he or his family spoken to by the police about this matter, as is being reported.

“His actions were in line with coronavirus guidelines. Mr Cummings believes he behaved reasonably and legally.”

Speaking outside his home, Mr Cummings reiterated: “I behaved reasonably and legally”.

When a reporter suggested to him that his actions did not look good, he replied: “Who cares about good looks?

“It’s a question of doing the right thing. It’s not about what you guys think.”

Later at the daily Downing Street briefing, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said Mr Cummings had the PM’s “full support” and that Mr Johnson “knew that he was unwell and that he was in lockdown”.

Mr Shapps said it had always been permissible for families to travel to be closer to their relatives as long as they “go to that location and stay in that location”.

Meanwhile, deputy chief medical officer for England, Dr Jenny Harries, said that travelling during lockdown was permissible if “there was an extreme risk to life”, with a “safeguarding clause” attached to all advice to prevent vulnerable people being stuck at home with no support.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock and Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak have tweeted their support for Mr Cummings.

Education Secretary Gavin Williamson said on Monday morning that Mr Cummings had "set out absolutely clearly and absolutely categorically he didn't break the rules and didn't break the law".

The attorney general, Suella Braverman, tweet on Saturday in which she quoted the full text of the No 10 statement on Boris Johnson’s chief aide in which the prime minister said he had behaved “responsibly and legally”.   (Disgraceful)

Boris Johnson said at the weekend Cummings acted “responsibly and legally and with integrity”

“The PM’s risible defence of Cummings is an insult to all those who have made such sacrifices to ensure the safety of others,” said Johne Inge, the bishop of Worcester, on Twitter.

“What planet are they on?” asked a front page headline in the Daily Mail, an influential right-wing paper usually supportive of Johnson.

https://descrier.co.uk/politics/dominic-cummings-and-wife-tried-to-cover-up-lockdown-breach-in-articles-for-the-spectator/

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/24/dominic-cummings-timeline-what-we-know-about-his-movements

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/news/uk/timeline-the-coronavirus-lockdown-and-dominic-cummings-trip-to-durham/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52784290

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/25/attorney-general-faces-calls-to-resign-defends-dominic-cummings-suella-braverman

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-britain-cummings/what-planet-are-they-on-no-respite-for-johnson-and-aide-idUKKBN2310UE

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/05/25/what-plant-are-they-on-press-slams-johnson-and-cummings/

The Tory Legacy

daily-mirror-407x400.jpg.d46196916cd4f5bc2c69ac0c9493009a.jpg

From the Mirror to the CyprusMail ...

The Tory Legacy

"There were many critical things at work and she asked me to return [to work] in the afternoon and I did."

I was going to make this point too, but the mirror already has.

It would seem to be yet another clear breach even before the 250 mile trip to his aged parents property and all that followed

"Dominic Cummings today admitted he went back into 10 Downing Street in person hours after visiting his sick wife."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-dominic-cummings-admits-went-22084074

"He admitted she "might have Covid", though she did not have a cough and a fever, and he believed there was a "distinct probability" he was already infected."

The Tory Legacy

UK now apparently has the highest rate of deaths as a percentage of population in the world.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-uk-death-toll-rate-world-map-tracked-a9532286.html

More than 500 in every million people in the UK have now died from Covid-19

Real figures (per FT analysis) probably nearer 600 per million.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

2 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

UK now apparently has the highest rate of deaths as a percentage of population in the world.

We also have a very high rate of obesity.  USA is much worse on that but not as crowded maybe?  Sweden didn't lock down but sits way down the list.

and it looks like all those people fined for doing what Cummings did will NOT be getting their money back despite senior ministers (law makers) seemingly quite clearly saying that:

* Travelling huge distances because you fear for the safety and care of your child and/or loved ones (every single person in the country) EVEN if you then make no attempt to use any support then available is NOT against the law, and simply shows you are a good parent/person,

ESPECIALLY if you suspect one or more of your party may have COVID (again - pretty much the whole country),

and certainly if you believe one or more of you may have COVID.

* Driving yourself and your family, including children, on at least 60 miles round trips (no limit defined) to beauty spots to 'check your eyesight' if you have experienced or think you may have eyesight problems is also not against any laws, lockdown or RTA it would seem.

* Visiting aged parents properties, rather than being banned - is actually doing right, especially if you have children and you believe one or more of you have COVID.

Surely these rules aren't ONLY if you are Dominic Cummings?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/26/vicars-query-over-lockdown-travel-fines-challenges-hancock#maincontent

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/government-refund-dominic-cummings-break-lockdown-rules-quarantine-travel-a9533651.html

One example: (although it does clearly demonstrate Gove is not a person to be relied on in an emergency)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCD5xstGJTM

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

How about this Tobyjugg I live in Wales, work in Wales, but gaffer says we are opening a new site, so you must drive to the Cumbria and set up the network and IT  there. Heddlu stop me leaving Wales and say journey not essential, where would I stand in comparison to Demonic, if I was faced with that? Don't forget Stephen Kinnock and the SNP guy Blackford have done similar, so to me they are all overpriveliged More Equal Animals extracting the urine.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

42 minutes ago, brassnecked said:

How about this Tobyjugg I live in Wales, work in Wales, but gaffer says we are opening a new site, so you must drive to the Cumbria and set up the network and IT  there.

Heddlu stop me leaving Wales and say journey not essential, where would I stand in comparison to Demonic, if I was faced with that? Don't forget Stephen Kinnock and the SNP guy Blackford have done similar, so to me they are all overpriveliged More Equal Animals extracting the urine.

Perhaps seek clarity from the divisional headquarters, although you can understand police confusion given Cummings/Senior ministers statements on the situation ...

Dunno what Kinnock and Blackford have done that you say is similar to Cummings, but Farage has been out tripping around the country as well allegedly 'as a broadcaster' seemingly promoting his anti-immigrant agendas

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/nigel-farage-visited-by-police-over-lockdown-breaches-over-dover-travel-a4431871.html

My Son in law is actually back at work, started last week travelling to (construction and repair) sites and setting up/preparing/ordering, for small teams and ready for larger teams with whatever social distancing are applicable  implemented of course. Essential repairs are being carried out with smaller teams to ensure control and distancing.

- unlike Cummings in so many of the photos the media has shown of him over the last 2 months, strolling along pavements and corridors next to 'assistants'/others

To answer your question more directly, I think that Cummings aside - whose antics appear to me to be nothing short of criminal in a number of areas, and abuse of process/position in others,

that provided you and your company are maintaining safe practices and social distancing (unlike Cummings in almost every photo the media has shown of him over the last 2 months) I see no no reason for you (or my son in law) not to do what is described.

In my SIL's case, I believe the company took advice as should you/your organisation.

Neither of the roles as described seem able to be performed remotely, and both seem to be essential work preparing for work to commence safely as the rules change - in your case perhaps even enabling remote working.

None of which is the case for Cummings antics it seems to me.

My daughter continues to work from home with her 5 year old son

OH and her daughter are NHS working at hospitals

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Remains to be seen  what happens. But politicians and SpAds are causing more problems than they are worth

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brassnecked said:

Remains to be seen  what happens. But politicians and SpAds are causing more problems than they are worth

But you didn't say you believed you were COVID infected, and didn't have a child with you.

Cummings travel actually seems to be excused by those in most of the ministerial 'statement's I've seen.

Bet you would have been prosecuted if you did  .. not just turned around

.. and probably referred to social services

... especially if you added that you'd been having problems with your eyesight and was testing if you could drive safely so far from home

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

So. looks like the governments approach is to actually stop telling people they have to stay at home, and use a rule which was primarily intended to protect women and children from violent partners as an excuse.

So, it would seem the current message appears to be:

As long as your situation is exactly like Doms, including that you have parents with two houses on their property, you can travel as far as you like and stay there all you want, and of course you should travel out from there to beauty spots.

and other than that, Doms' told you that rules for you don't apply to him, so move on and don't make us 'reinterpret other life saving lockdown rules 'retrospectively to justify him.

Oh - and don't be stupid, of course the retrospectively changed 'interpretations' doesn't apply to you and any penalties you suffered, its only for people exactly in Doms position ...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/27/parents-free-to-relocate-to-seek-childcare-like-cummings-did-says-minister

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

David Allen Green, legal man at the FT, has done what he calls a guided tour of Demonic's statement on Monday [no paywall]. I think it's very clearly explained and Mr Green thinks that the document is written like a legal witness statement. Very interesting if you want a deeper explanation.

https://www.ft.com/video/e82b5a00-3ad5-4d2c-9703-ff14942aa5b1

• Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Seems to clearly demonstrate what an issue it still is and seems to me to absolutely define that Cummings and his ilk are a special case and the message is still stay at home to the rest of Us.

4h ago 18:27

Q. If you have no symptoms but you get a call from a contact tracer, do you have to isolate at your normal home or can you isolate somewhere else?

Hancock says if you’re a contact of somebody who’s tested positive and you’re instructed to isolate, your household members don’t have to isolate – they can carry on under the normal guidelines.

That means you can isolate at home, he adds. He moves swiftly on.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks