Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the article Richard North was talking about.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/20/no-one-had-any-idea-contact-tracers-lack-knowledge-about-covid-19-job

How come there are suddently 25,000 contract tracers coming, when they set out to recruit 18k? Even sadder though, is the situation with local authority public health services who are  already trained and could deal with this on the ground, if they had the resources.

• Thanks 2

Illegitimi non carborundum

Me being cynical, likley many of the Tory cronies have shares in Serco. I wouldn't tyrust Serco to run a whelk stall, and they have already messed up with Contract Tracer recruits email addresses, how robust will their Data Security Systems be? looking at who will have access it will be as effecive as a colander as a rain hat.

• Sad 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Portobello Beach in Edinburgh yesterday and we are still in Lockdown !!!

image.png

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

16 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Gee, Maroon - what lockdown? I can't imagine how it will be once it stats lifting.

Nicola's announcing relaxing the Lockdown today, that angered a lot of people yesterday who are sticking to the rules.

Police were on the beach warning people but no fines were issued, there's not a lot they can do with that many people just doing what they want.

A few of the KFC's and Burger Kings were closed by Police last week as the queue's were causing chaos in surrounding roads.

• Like 1

That is very disturbing, quite unlike my experience venturing out for weekly shop, nearly totalled by a police car. she was cutting corner, and realising last minute a car there  She didn't stop,

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

1 hour ago, cjcregg said:

Footballers aren't getting tested because the government or NHS  thinks they're ''more important''. The premier league are paying for the tests privately (as indeed anyone could) as has been widely reported.

FGS, I do realise that,

but that they, like Gove, are allowed to use up such a limited resource just because they can afford it is an abomination

The point is that they are to be tested twice a week - just in case one presumes,

when my daughter in law - a nurse - has not been tested once in the last three months

and there is no intention to test the people 'tracked and traced'

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

They have dismantled the local provision by centralising it all, so couldn't sort it whilst they have a hole in their backside, unless they change course invest in LocalTeams, and abandon that app.

I think I read that they've asked local public health teams to organise testing for care homes. Someone we know works in a care home and they've been tested once since the epidemic began, about three weeks ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maroondevo52 said:

Portobello Beach in Edinburgh yesterday and we are still in Lockdown !!!

image.png

And here is another one.. in Essex this time.. ? 

• Like 1

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yup, I'm sure the Premier League can find a bit of spare money behind the Sofa to pay privately for tests. Although I do think that with the news of Brighton and Watford players testing positive in the last week, all talk of the season resuming is purely academic.  It's a shame because as @hightail says, it is good for morale, and a feeling of normality.

2 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

That's unbelievable, CB. Wait for the second wave of cases...

Surely that second wave has to come sometime anyway unless we stay in a complete lockdown with closed borders forever and that's not realistic.

I agree. But you'd hope that social distancing would mean that fewer people catch the virus in the first place.

The point of lockdown as I understand it was to get the country ready with measures like social distancing at work and in public places and to introduce tracking and tracing.

Would have thought so HB, but that App isn't the best method.

Ah yes HB, but we needs humans doing any tracking and tracing

The number of people speeding on the roads is shocking.

Last night I was returning on the M8 from Glasgow to Edinburgh doing about 65mph and a guy in a black BMW flew past me and he must have been doing 110 plus, total madness.

When I came round a bend, I could see in the distance the Traffic Police chasing and pulling this guy over, couldn't get the smile of my face when I passed them stopped on the hard shoulder.

No excuse for it

More on testing. Greater Manchester is using local public sector testing and the government's tests. The public sector tests are giving them the information they need on cases quickly while the government system hasn't sent any results through since early May. Not helpful for infection control.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/greater-manchester-still-doesnt-know-18288943

Elsewhere, there's talk on Twitter that around 350,000 tests nationally have been double-counted, as nasal and throat swabs are being counted separately in some cases.

• Thanks 1

My wife had a fever and cough, rang 111 on Wednesday. Test arrived via Amazon yesterday afternoon. Send back by courier. She's got an underlying condition, so is a priority.  

19 minutes ago, London1971 said:

My wife had a fever and cough, rang 111 on Wednesday. Test arrived via Amazon yesterday afternoon. Send back by courier. She's got an underlying condition, so is a priority.  

Hope she quickly and safely gets over it london.

any idea of where the infection may have come from?

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

Hope all is well London.

Dr North provided some links today also, basically Hancock's app won't work as is not local enough, and  the trst results go to different databases apparently.

http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=87615#disqus_thread

"The problem is the way the test results are collated, in separate databases, processed by completely different systems. As collected, they cannot be broken down to local level and therefore cannot be usefully shared with councils. Thus, local officials complain that there are an enormous number of people being tested "but we don't know who they are, where they work, we don't know what their results are".

• Like 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks