Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

and Johnson continues to just try to rewrite history (aka LIE) through the Coronavirus pandemic

Even the lefties seem to be warming to Starmer holding Johnsons government to account in these dire times

and people should be considering exactly the events described here and the impact on care homes when considering the plans (LOL - 'plans) to return children to school

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

15 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

That's a good clip, TJ.

The British Medical Journal, BMJ, has a very good article about testing and tracking.

https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1918

Its the crucial testing bit thats missing - leaving just trace and track ... and self diagnose 😕

* People aren't tested when they come into the country

* Nurses aren't tested before returning to communities or anywhere

* Supermarket staff aren't tested before serving 100's of customers

* No plans to test teachers and teaching assistants before or during looking after children from multiple households

* The children aren't being tested before they are put in buildings with hundreds more children, who will each return to family homes

On the ironic side, outside the poorest regions it does seem to be Trump voting regions that are the clusters of new outbreaks as their governors took Trump at his word.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2020/05/07/as-states-reopen-covid-19-is-spreading-into-even-more-trump-counties/

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/03/how-republicans-and-democrats-think-about-coronavirus/608395/

but never mind, Goves family can get tested on request ......

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

It's crazy, TJ. We've said for a while that strategic testing is the way to know where the outbreaks are, rather then scattergun. It's a missed opportunity.

I don't understand about just letting people arrive in the country with no checks either, unless that's changed.

Illegitimi non carborundum

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

So, before we go into a little more detail/review the lies on

Approach

Shifting 'targets' to meet headlines rather than requirements

utter incompetence

Imagine that rather than test subjects in a restaurant, these are your 5/6 year old children in a school

with either they, their friends or the teachers/assistants being professionally tested  in any way ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGQEuuv9R6E

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

correction

with Neither they, their friends or the teachers/assistants being professionally tested  in any way ...

The Tory Legacy

Good article in the Sydney Morning Herald about viruses that exist on Earth and the problem in detecting the next virus that leads to a pandemic.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/scientists-tried-to-predict-covid-19-here-s-why-they-missed-it-20200515-p54tgb.html

Scientists estimate there are around 1.67 million viruses circulating in mammals and waterfowl. In eukaryotes – all complex life, basically – the rough guess is around 87 million.

• Like 2

Some analysis of what went and is still going wrong, links in blog worth following

http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=87610#disqus_thread

I find some of the foreign newspapers much more interesting to read than UK newspapers.  They tend to have more of a focus on the actual subject matter and do not get distracted as much by Politics.  

Politicians are generally about as much use as chocolate teapots during a crisis, because they are always thinking about the politics first and how people will react to their decisions or what they say.  

During this crisis every time a decision is made  which may be politically difficult, they justify it by mentioning "experts".  But of course they are very selective which "experts" they have listened to and what advice they have followed.  The advice that has come from SAGE will not be published for a long time, most likely after the next general election.

Remember Michael Gove during the EU referendum when I think he said "who needs experts ?"  The answer Michael,  is that you need these "experts"  and we all need the "experts" to just provide the information that is essential, so we all understand the situation.

Time for a revolution I think !  Get rid of the political mentality of trying to divide people by using communication methods, which have nothing to do with looking after the interests of most people and is about serving the politicians own interests in ensuring that their own political vision is preserved.  

and additional info re the leaked intent of expanding the data captured by the NHS people tracking app

https://www.hsj.co.uk/technology-and-innovation/hancock-grants-gchq-powers-over-nhs-it-systems/7027528.article

"The NHS must hand over information from its IT systems to the UK’s intelligence and security authority during the covid-19 pandemic after the agency was granted extra powers by Matt Hancock"

Despite the claims to only be to strengthen the security of the NHS system, the actual details is:

"(a)  an electronic communications network within the meaning of section 32(1) of
the Communications Act 2003(d);

(b)  any device or group of interconnected or related devices, one or more of which,
pursuant to a program, perform automatic processing of digital data; or
(c)  digital data stored, processed, retrieved or transmitted by elements covered under
paragraph (a) or (b) for the purposes of their operation, use, protection and maintenance;

as a + b include definitions which seem to mean 'owt electronic

and c0 effectively says owt they do or on them

it seems GCHQ has be given entirely unfettered access to all medical records, including all the central data on the citizen tracking app.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/879049/Security_of_NHS_and_Public_Health_Services_Digital_Systems__Coronavirus__Directions_2020.pdf

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Simple answer don't download the "All your data belong to us" app in the first place.

• Like 1

I wouldn't put it past them to start 'requiring (the app) in some way ...

in fact i expect it.

... Got an old phone ready.

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Haha 1

The Tory Legacy

22 minutes ago, brassnecked said:

Simple answer don't download the "All your data belong to us" app in the first place.

Is it true that you can't ask for your data to be deleted? I think I read that in the last few days.

12 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Is it true that you can't ask for your data to be deleted? I think I read that in the last few days.

yes

- and more than that you may not even have access to it in any way whatsoever

ie No rights to even see what they hold and no rights of dispute/correction

.. err unlike GCHQ

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Thanks 1

The Tory Legacy

Yes its a flagrant breach of GDPR, they hide behind the "Is necessary for national Health and or national Security" get out.

Asked on BBC1’s Andrew Marr Show whether he could “guarantee” that teachers going back to school will be safe, Mr Gove said firmly: “Yes.”

"it is the case that it is extremely unlikely that any school is likely to be the source of a Covid outbreak "

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-michael-gove-school-teachers-uk-unions-a9518786.html

Now what would those safety measures be that allow that claim?

.. probably not even the test that he preferentially got for his daughter

.... and what was it the Tories said about care homes ?

.... While they sent infected folk back to care homes?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

6 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

I don't think they know what they're doing.

The more horrifying thought is ... that they do

Can't generate 'herd immunity' without infecting the herd can they.

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

you know whats really disgraceful, and (IMO) such a large part of why these lying sc..politicians get away with it?

Andrew Marr just sucking it up with a polite respectful, oh really are you sure

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2020/may/17/gove-confident-teachers-and-pupils-will-be-safe-at-school-video

The Tory Legacy

This is very funny and also very sad.

Bozo has a briefing about Covid which he doesn't totally listen to and at the end he asks who is responsible for implementing the new plan. In a Yes Minister moment, Mark Sedwill says 'It's you, Prime Minister'.

I hope everyone can read this. I can and I'm not a subscriber.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/coronavirus-boris-johnson-and-civil-service-chief-sir-mark-sedwill-clash-over-action-plan-g05tx5256

• Sad 1

If a vaccine was offered by UK Government in say October 2020 with less than normal trials being conducted before it was given the go ahead by regulators, how many of you would be willing to have the vaccine or allow your Children to receive it ?

Personally I would be very reluctant to have such a vaccine until a large number of people had received it and there was no evidence emerging that it had caused serious side effects.

• Thanks 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks