• Tweets

• Post #9 suggested some options to avoid or put off having a smart meter. Post #12 a simple solution to your complaint about the ay they handle fixed monthly DD. It's not really clear why you posted if you're going get irate when members "jump in" with suggestions. You can see what I'm referring to on "gasracker.uk" to allay your suspicion that I was lying in Post #16 which was made to correct ther misinformation shown in your Post #15
    • Back to octopus from the smart meter/tariff salesperson. Octopus have now said just ignore the letter - I dont have to have one despite there letter implying (at least) it was required, but that i will HAVE to have a smart meter if current meters stop working as 'their suppliers dont supply non smart meters any more'. They also say they do not/will not disable any smart functionality when they fit a smart meter I am of course going to challenge that. Thats their choice of meter fitter/supplier problem not mine
    • Point taken that we should inform new Caggers that the £20 option is there in wrong registration cases.  Well, supposedly there, who knows what the PPCs would do in practice.  Anyway, the option is allegedly there with both the BPA as you say, but also the IPC (I've just checked). However, there's a danger here of baby, bathwater. The two easiest types of cases to win are (a) residential - due to Supremacy of Contract and (b) wrong registration - due to "de minimis".  Indeed until recently we has been boasting that no Caggers, over two years, who had sent a PPC the wrong registration snotty letter, had even been taken to court, let alone lost a court hearing. We simply can do nothing about a terrible judge.  The judge seems - I say seems because we haven't had all the details - to have ignored "de minimis",. got fixated on a sign and awarded unreasonable behaviour costs.  A totally bizarre judgement.
    • You mean your witness statement 
    • That may be your personal claimed experience I said i didn't want smart meters - you jumped in to recommend smart meters I quite clearly indicated I was happy with being in credit to maintain constant payments - you suggest paying what I owe every month I quite clearly indicated I was happy with being in credit to maintain constant payments - you suggest a variable tariff - even if its one that only varies on a daily basis rather than half/hourly - with prices higher in winter when you need it and lowest in summer when you need it least   politeness ends with: - I'm NOT interested in any smart tariff I see, You are pushing your smart meter + variable tariffs in the wrong place - try pushing them somewhere 'nearer to home'  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

On 11/04/2020 at 09:35, tobyjugg2 said:

Only reason I can think of is that they aren't accurately reporting all the people being tested

Perhaps people like Dalglish who was apparently tested 'just in case' when he went in for something else not being included.

My father was tested on admission to hospital with a completely unrelated issue, he didn't have any symptoms.

The coronavirus travelled all over the world from Wuhan China, but it did not reach Beijing or Shanghai or

other major cities in China.

Can anyone explain how is that possible?
There are so many questions, after all, where it all started, in China, the Chinese stock market did not collapse,
but the American and European markets did, and when those markets collapsed, the Chinese bought a lot.
All roads lead back to China

1. They created a virus for which they already had an antidote.
2. They purposely spread the virus for financial gain.

3. There is a clear demonstration of efficiency to such an extent that they built hospitals in a

few days. To build so many hospitals they had to be prepared with organized projects, for
example, with the ordering of equipment, the hiring of labour, the water and sewerage network,
the prefabricated building materials and the storage in an impressive volume. Everything
happened so fast that everyone was speechless

4. They caused chaos in the world, beginning with Europe and the rest of the western worlds.

5. Quickly decimating the economies of dozens of countries.
6. Stop production and manufacturing lines in factories and primary production in dozens
of countries.
7. Causing the stock markets to crash and then they bought stocks, bonds and companies at
bargain prices.
8. They then quickly gained control of the epidemic in their country. After all, they were ready
and he was never really out of control.

9. In all this, they managed to lower the price of basic products, including the price of oil.
10. Now they are going back to mass production while the rest of the world is stopped.
Also note how quickly Chinese unions activated to "hoard" purchases of bus cargo to regional
shopping centres across Australia,
stripping our shelves of toilet paper and staple foods.
It happened before most of us knew what was happening, even before we knew what the
Coronavirus was

5 days ago - All roads lead back to China. 1. They created a virus for which they already had an antidote. 2. They purposely spread the virus for financial gain. 3. There is a clear demonstration of efficiency to such an extent that they built hospitals in a ... To build so many hospitals they had to be prepared with organized ...
  • Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I was watching a news programme earlier and there was an item on how Chinese University  research departments were given official guidance by the Government, that they must not produce any reports on where/how the virus was generated.

Definitely questions that will need to be answered, given that research laboratories in Wuhan had apparently been carrying out research into Coronavirus obtained from Bats, before this Pandemic started.  

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

3 hours ago, buckthorn said:

There are so many questions, after all, where it all started, in China, the Chinese stock market did not collapse,
but the American and European markets did

Slightly misleading picture I'd say. Goldman Sachs estimates that in the first quarter China's economy will contract by a staggering 9% because of C19, when it should have risen by 2.5%.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-toll/goldman-sees-chinas-economy-shrinking-9-in-first-quarter-amid-coronavirus-outbreak-idUSKBN21340T

The virus

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.”

The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.

The virus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let's Get the Bastard.” They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbour” and “Lose.”

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its alert level from “No worries” to “She'll be alright, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/terrorist-threat-alert/

The Welsh are making Chicken (non chlorinated) and Leek soup, as its known to be nourishing, and help keep the bodies defences up.  Meanwhile ways are being sought to deploy a detachment of the Llandudno Goats at the Border on the A55 to help Heddlu Gogledd Cymru keep the English out, and away from their second homes that make homes unaffordable for locals in places like Abersoch.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Good find HB, UK Gov are acting all Soviet with Central Command and Control, another take on this here its Richard Nort's son

https://peterjnorth.blogspot.com/2020/04/corona-rot-at-top.html

The North's have identified where the issues are, sadly there seems to be no solotion to the muppetry.

On 14/04/2020 at 13:46, brassnecked said:

The Welsh are making Chicken (non chlorinated) and Leek soup, as its known to be nourishing, and help keep the bodies defences up. 

I dont think we have to worry too much about American chlorine on the chickens now, they only have time for a quick wave toward the chlorine tank as they speed past now ...

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/apr/20/no-way-food-safety-not-compromised-us-regulatory-roll-backs-during-covid-19-criticised

'No way food safety not compromised': US regulation rollbacks during Covid-19 criticised

"Under traditional poultry processing rules, line speeds ran at 140 birds a minute, and required at least four inspectors to be stationed on each line, tasked with checking carcasses for defects, disease or contamination, including fecal matter which can cause salmonella. That has since been reduced to one inspector per line, with individual regulatory waivers enabling line speed increases.

“It potentially reduces some of the quality control efforts, but I am not concerned about worker safety as a result of the increased line speeds."

The workers just need to ensure they aren't hit by a speeding dead chicken as it is fired through the factory ....

Even before the reduction in

"The line speed increases come as Guardian data analysis reveals that at least one in 10 US poultry slaughterhouses failed government salmonella tests last year. In some categories, failure rates are as high as 34%.

Targets to reduce salmonella disease outbreaks have also been missed, with a rise of 9% in the incidence rate over the last three years according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)."

So if coronavirus don't kill you, the salmonella chicken soup might ..

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

😕

https://www.radioplymouth.com/news/international-news/coronavirus-uk-only-formally-asked-turkey-for-ppe-shipment-help-on-sunday/

Coronavirus: UK only formally asked Turkey for PPE shipment help on Sunday

"Britain only made a formal request to Turkey over a consignment of personal protective equipment on Sunday - the day after a cabinet minister announced the "very significant additional shipment" was already heading to the UK, Turkish sources have told Sky News. "

"Gavin Williamson, the education secretary, said at the government's daily briefing on Sunday that he "hoped" the delivery would arrive the next day.

That did not happen, either."

"sources also revealed that the manufacturer of the goods bound for the UK only submitted a request to the Turkish ministry of health on Monday for (required) permission to export the gear."

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Should be producing our own.

Absolutely we should produce our own. But then you have UK manufacturers saying that the government has ignored their offers of help. They really don't seem to have done much before 1st April.

I've also read a headline today [can't remember where atm] about the UK still exporting PPE to Europe.

Illegitimi non carborundum

46 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Absolutely we should produce our own. But then you have UK manufacturers saying that the government has ignored their offers of help. They really don't seem to have done much before 1st April.

I've also read a headline today [can't remember where atm] about the UK still exporting PPE to Europe.

I saw that too.  It did say the companies exporting are only doing so after offering to keep it in this country and getting no response. 

Most PPE is indeed manufactured in China, the benefits of Globalisation and offshoring to keep prices down  the Corporations will crow.  Meanwhile Dr North is having a pop quite rightly i think at Hancock's app for tracing.

http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=87584#disqus_thread

and just to stress the point a few choice quotes from HB's link

"Last week alone the firm packed five million surgical masks, more than a million FFP2 respirators and more than half a million FFP3 respirators stored inside three warehouses in Birmingham and outside Heathrow Airport on to lorries registered in the EU, a source revealed.

The company, which distributes pharmaceutical products across the UK and Europe, buys PPE from factories in China and takes a new delivery every week. Currently it has millions of pounds' worth of PPE sitting in its warehouses, sources said."

"Lorries are being packed with masks, respirators and other PPE kit before heading back to supply hospitals in the EU, it has emerged.

On Monday night, UK firms said they had “no choice” but to keep selling the lifesaving gear abroad because their offers of help had been repeatedly ignored by the Government."

The Tory Legacy

Not wishing to detract from the already highlighted and rapidly mounting monstrous failures of Johnson and his cabal, but here's a really rank addition if true:

https://skwawkbox.org/2020/04/21/biggest-political-scandal-since-cambridge-analytica-about-to-break-as-fake-nhs-accounts-set-up-by-dept-of-health/

"The Department of Health (DHSC) has been tied to a string of fake social media accounts by investigative work that discovered a single sign-on tied to the government department.

John O’Connell spotted the fake accounts and his investigations have revealed that 128 accounts were definitely operated by the same individual – with four ‘assigned contributors’ – and that the individual sign-on belongs to a ‘contracted individual assigned’ to DHSC. There are also a number of other ‘probables’ and ‘possibles’.

Around a third of the accounts used photos of actual NHS staff – and of those O’Connell contacted, all confirmed that the accounts were not theirs and the photos had been used without permission:"

SKWAWKBOX view:

This is not the first time that a series of fake accounts has been set up to hide Boris Johnson’s and the Tories’ abuse of our health, health service and health staff.

During the last general election campaign, fake accounts were set up in droves to discredit revelations about a sick little boy forced to sleep on a hospital floor because of a hospital’s shortage of beds.

But this is the first time such actions appear to be definitively connected to an official government department and those acting exclusively on its behalf.

To behave like this in a national crisis, diverting DHSC resources to a campaign to con the people of the country while hundreds are dying each day, in an attempt to distract from Tory guilt and failure, is unforgivable. It deserves to become a government-toppling scandal – but do not hold your breath waiting for the so-called ‘mainstream’ media to pay attention.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks