• Tweets

• Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
    • That's a shame but not unexpected.  I'm not sure about your assumed  questions because I haven't been to court but I'm not sure about not accepting a criminal record. It could be a language thing but it isn't your choice unfortunately.  HB
    • Have you previously requested the agreement by a CCA request ?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A group of professors, medics and journalists have grouped together to make The Covid Report on youtube. I don't think I can link to it, but if you can't find it, look at Carole Cadwalladr's Twitter feed for a link. @carolecadwalla

They include the chair of the Commons health select committee and an ex-member of the WHO, looking at how the government is handling the epidemic and what we aren't beiing told.

Illegitimi non carborundum

8 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUp1e-hrzYA

It aint rocket science, and if the Virus is more like flu/the common cold and re-infections occur, as seems possible according to latest reports, or for the next variant outbreak

- this sort of thing may become vital and as normal as facial recognition ...

Note that most experts believe that re infection cases are faulty tests. Plus there are always a small number of people who can get something twice. I can attest to this as I was unfortunate enough to get Chicken Pox again as an adult, something I wouldn’t wish on anybody.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

This is ridiculous. Nobody could prepare for an event like this on that scale. Maybe after this we will realise that spending 30 billion on being prepared for a pandemic will save maybe a Trillion when the next one hits.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

No doubt there will be inquiries into this, not just in the UK, but also in many other counties as well as organisations, such as the WHO etc.

I think it makes sense to organise pandemic response measures on an International basis.  There should be agreements on what basic measures should be taken, as soon as any dangerous virus outbreak is discovered.  For example, lockdown within a relevant area should be implemented within x amount of time. A ban on international flights to/from the area concerned applied within defined time period.  There is likely to be a long list of contingency measures and wealthier countries are going to have to help support poorer countries, so they have the resources required.

It might be the case that we will see draconian measures being implemented as a result of Covid-19 and life will never be quite the same.   I am not a scientist, but it appears to me that we are seeing a start of a period, where the science lags behind the health threats that we will encounter.  

And what about the general hygiene rules that Countries have to ensure as minimum standards.  If it is true that live animal markets in China helped cause the virus, then I think the world that trades with China, has a right to expect changes to be implemented in China. And the same for other Countries where the same issues might apply.

Royal Mail Relay will be delivering Test Kits throughout the uk and collecting Kits and dropping them off at Testing centres.

24 hours per day 7 days per week.

• Thanks 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

5 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

I think it makes sense to organise pandemic response measures on an International basis.  There should be agreements on what basic measures should be taken, as soon as any dangerous virus outbreak is discovered.  For example, lockdown within a relevant area should be implemented within x amount of time. A ban on international flights to/from the area concerned applied within defined time period.  There is likely to be a long list of contingency measures and wealthier countries are going to have to help support poorer countries, so they have the resources required.

That all sounds very worthy but it's naïve to think that the world is anywhere near capable of agreeing and implementing a global response to pandemics, or in fact just about anything. The world doesn't work like that.

If coronavirus has taught us anything it's that nations will instinctively act independently and regardless of any existing allegiances. Where have the European Union been in all this? Nowhere, and EU nations have been uncompromisingly unilateral in their responses.

Your colleagues have been peddling the theory that the UK applied the wrong response to C19 and you're saying we need an enquiry into it. If, as a nation, we aren't capable of agreeing our own response, what chance is there of agreeing an international one?

12 hours ago, maroondevo52 said:

Royal Mail Relay will be delivering Test Kits throughout the uk and collecting Kits and dropping them off at Testing centres.

24 hours per day 7 days per week.

Great!.

Umm, what kits are these?. The antibody one's that they haven't yet found a reliable enough platform?, or some other self-test kit?.

1 hour ago, BazzaS said:

Great!.

Umm, what kits are these?. The antibody one's that they haven't yet found a reliable enough platform?, or some other self-test kit?.

BazzaS,

Sorry I didn't ask for the exact specifications or functions of the Test Kits, all I know is they are for NHS front line key workers.

Royal Mail Relay drivers are volunteering to deliver and collect these test kits 24/7. They are also out every day providing secure distribution 

of urgent documents and internal mail to Financial institutions, Banks, Building Societies, Insurance companies, HMRC and the DWP.

They also supply parts for every British Gas engineer in the UK.

When I find out exactly what type of test Kits they are I'll let you know.

40 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

BazzaS,

Sorry I didn't ask for the exact specifications or functions of the Test Kits, all I know is they are for NHS front line key workers.

Royal Mail Relay drivers are volunteering to deliver and collect these test kits 24/7. They are also out every day providing secure distribution 

of urgent documents and internal mail to Financial institutions, Banks, Building Societies, Insurance companies, HMRC and the DWP.

They also supply parts for every British Gas engineer in the UK.

When I find out exactly what type of test Kits they are I'll let you know.

It is great that the delivery / collection logistics have been put in place, for when the kits are approved and available, with their processing in the labs set-up.

It’d be a shame if the rest became available and there wasn’t that delivery / collection system ready to go. Kudos to the RM staff supporting the testing, and delivering post & essential documents.

It still leaves the promise of “jam tomorrow” for testing NHS staff.

I haven’t seen it made clear what tests, for who (prioritised how, when the tests are first available in limited supply)

Is this testing NHS staff off unwell? There is a pitfall here.

Testing NHS staff who are well, but off as “household contacts” of a symptomatic case? Or testing the symptomatic case that is the household contact of the NHS worker.

If this is antigen or NAAT testing, I’d suggest the highest priority would be the latter case, and when test supply is most limited, prioritising:

a) staff essential to the supply of

i) critical care and

ii) the lab testing, then prioritising

b) those with the longest remaining of the NHS worker’s 14 days isolation.

Use the kits on those with the longest still off work who can supply the most essential work, to maximise their return.

Edited by BazzaS

19 hours ago, London1971 said:

Note that most experts believe that re infection cases are faulty tests. Plus there are always a small number of people who can get something twice.

Perhaps.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/03/15/can-you-get-infected-by-coronavirus-twice-how-does-covid-19-immunity-work/

https://www.sciencetimes.com/articles/24912/20200226/covid-19-reinfection-is-possible-experts-say.htm

and I hope cjcregg now realises that even doctors were NOT receiving essential protective equipment as little time ago as last weekend

... now the chair of the BMA has come out and stated it on BBC news.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

It looks like Royal Mail along with Amazon Logistics will deliver Kits to the homes of NHS staff who will post their samples into one of 13,000 priority postboxes. Royal Mail will deliver returned samples to the testing labs using Tracked 24.

The first samples to be processed in the labs will be from frontline health workers. As the labs capacity increases, other frontline workers will be tested.

Royal Mail Relay will be initially collecting from 12 Testing Stations involving, Epsom, Thurrock, Bristol, Nottingham, Wednesbury, Manchester,

Gateshead, Edinburgh and Belfast, although this is expected to increase very quickly to well over 40 locations involving all Royal Mail depots.

The delivery locations will involve Milton Keynes, Manchester, Edinburgh and Belfast.

17 hours ago, London1971 said:

This is ridiculous. Nobody could prepare for an event like this on that scale.

Maybe after this we will realise that spending 30 billion on being prepared for a pandemic will save maybe a Trillion when the next one hits.

Given (prior) SARS and MERS and Ebola, it was only a matter of time.

We could be heading into a world where you need a medical OK to fly it these events become couple of times a decade events - let alone more.

At the moment the temperature screen seems vital (IMO) even if it doesn't get every person, and may not trap any of a new mutated outbreak as

1. It should trap quite a few

2. Those it does trap raises the alarm

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

1 hour ago, maroondevo52 said:

Royal Mail will deliver returned samples to the testing labs using Tracked 24.

Will you be able to tell us when this starts happening ‘at scale’, (rather than just the ‘pilot’ that allows us to be told “it has started”).

You’ll notice there hasn’t been a great fanfare about the large scale testing (that was promised) actually happening.

Anyone have any figures for numbers of tests (and which tests!) being done per day by UK labs?

I suspect it is still close to the 10-12,000 tests / day mark (excluding non-accredited labs / tests, and tests sent abroad in desperation), and NAATs tests, rather than antigen or antibody .......

Edited by BazzaS

As of 9am on 9 April, 298,169 tests have concluded across the UK, with 16,095 tests carried out on 8 April. Some individuals are tested more than once for clinical reasons.

243,421 people have been tested, of whom 65,077 tested positive. The tests concluded figure excludes data from Northern Ireland.

As of 5pm on 8 April, of those hospitalised in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus, 7,978 have died.

Tests People tested Positive Deaths
Daily 16,095 10,713 4,344 881
Total 298,169 243,421 65,077 7,978

are those figures just the hospitalised figures?

eg Not including care homes, home deaths etc

Let alone all the untested whether with or without symptoms, and isolated or not ...

PLUS - Last figures i saw was that in excess of 99.5% of even frontline NHS staff remain untested, let alone shop assistants or anyone else.

So who has actually been tested, apart from Johnson and his pals? Doesn't seem to be nurses as yet.

Plus, as of last week apparently around 50% of doctors didn't have access to even basic protection equipment, with hospitals relying on local businesses to make some.

Just a little thought

@16,000 tests a day it'll take over 10 years to test everyone just once won't it?

Which means at 160,000 tests a day - its still over a year ..

Someone check my rough calc... looks crazy to me.

and possibly with:

'SARS-CoV-2 is mutating 1,000x faster than influenza viruses and 36,000x faster than measles'

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yKVsKQMaPyC7I7caorMPkzFa0SxYZFirRrQ4qbiBnJ4/edit#

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

8 minutes ago, BazzaS said:

10,713 people tested, 16,095 tests.

so that’s 5382 repeats, or about 1/2 again for each person tested. I can’t see why it should need to be that high?

That's just one day though for whatever reason. The totals figures tell the overall story. Maybe they're ramping up repeat testing.

Why ramp up repeats?

I’ve checked (with a contact for a District General Hospital) : 2-5 day turn around for testing from “swab to result”, and they have repeat tested ONE patient (not one per day, but one since early February).

So, unless the labs are doing repeat tests on one same, or e.g. London / Birmingham are doing masses of repeat testing (& if so, why?), those figures don’t make sense .

looking at the totals, 298k tests from

243k patients is still 56k repeats, a 23% repeat rate .....

Edited by BazzaS

15 minutes ago, BazzaS said:

Why ramp up repeats?

I don't know it's just what the numbers suggested. There are good reasons for repeat tests off the top of my head ie clinical staff showing symptoms on several occasions etc

I was swab tested last week at Stoke Mandeville hospital, it was couriered to a lab in Portsmouth and the result took 42 hours from memory. 

The cases in South Korea must be concerning, where people have tested positive, have recovered ( so it was thought) and the virus has then somehow reactivated in their systems.  They have apparently ruled out being reinfected and think the virus remained. 

Seems a bit of a tricky virus, which may be difficult to get a grip on.  At the daily press conference the Doctor advising Government stated that even when there are reduced numbers of people in Hospital, he expected people would continue to become infected with the virus throughout the country for many months. So this lock down might be eased in say a month, but there may still need to be measures taken perhaps on a local level, depending on numbers of cases verified

17 hours ago, BazzaS said:

10,713 people tested, 16,095 tests.

so that’s 5382 repeats, or about 1/2 again for each person tested. I can’t see why it should need to be that high?

Only reason I can think of is that they aren't accurately reporting all the people being tested

Perhaps people like Dalglish who was apparently tested 'just in case' when he went in for something else not being included.

"Dalglish was admitted to hospital on Wednesday for treatment of an infection which required intravenous antibiotics.

The 69-year-old former Celtic and Scotland forward was routinely tested for coronavirus after being admitted."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52250176

The 'official' reported figures for deaths would seem to be - low - only hospital deaths - and many of those figures 'slow to be reported'

https://www.ft.com/content/c07e267b-7bca-418f-ad9e-8631a29854cb

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

35 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Perhaps people like Dalglish who was apparently tested 'just in case' when he went in for something else not being included.

"Dalglish was admitted to hospital on Wednesday for treatment of an infection which required intravenous antibiotics.

The 69-year-old former Celtic and Scotland forward was routinely tested for coronavirus after being admitted."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52250176

Lots of hospitals are testing every admission regardless of showing no symptoms for C19, like Dalglish.

Lucky that the hospital weren't relying on temperature screening guns eh?

2 minutes ago, cjcregg said:

Lucky that the hospital weren't relying on temperature screening guns eh?

To help them target those who might urgently need testing and isolating making optimum use of the highly limited testing facilities ?

... Whether admissions, staff or delivery men ...

The Tory Legacy

I'm very sad to hear that two comedians, Tim Brooke-Taylor of the Goodies and I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue and Eddie Large of Little and Large have both succumbed to Covid.

Plus of course all the less well known people who should also be mentioned and remembered every day.

Illegitimi non carborundum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks