Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've read enough on herd immunity to get confused, but I believe that no 10's strategy of letting everyone get ill at the same time, without initially protecting the vulnerable, would have completely overwhelmed the NHS and caused an unspeakable number of deaths.

A number of commentators are saying that 'herd immunity' was another way of dressing up doing nothing.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I think the johnson version of 'herd immunity' was proven to be of limited effectiveness around 1350 wasn't it?

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

LOL good one

Yes I mean the year 1350 and the black plague,

...... Although for Johnson it was quite possibly 10 to 2 the day before yesterday

hehehe

• Haha 2

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

The johnson plan was until recently as stated earlier in the thread.

In simple terms that is:

get everyone who wasn't in at at risk category infected while somehow hoping that 'at risk' people could be kept away from it somehow and wouldn't be exposed to it while the population at large everywhere was - and then hope that people actually did get immune and weren't carriers,

and ignoring the fact that many might be infected and contagious with no symptoms and that allegedly not 'at risk' folk could still end up very ill/dead

- at best

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

51 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

The johnson plan was until recently as stated earlier in the thread.

In simple terms that is:

get everyone who wasn't in at at risk category infected while somehow hoping that 'at risk' people could be kept away from it somehow and wouldn't be exposed to it while the population at large everywhere was - and then hope that people actually did get immune and weren't carriers,

and ignoring the fact that many might be infected and contagious with no symptoms and that allegedly not 'at risk' folk could still end up very ill/dead

- at best

This is why herd immunity could never succeed as a strategy. It sounds great in theory but you simply cannot 'manage' a high contagious virus in a population of 60 million people. Additionally the idea would be impossible to sell politically, and that's precisely what happened.

• Thanks 2
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

5 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

I've read enough on herd immunity to get confused, but I believe that no 10's strategy of letting everyone get ill at the same time, without initially protecting the vulnerable, would have completely overwhelmed the NHS and caused an unspeakable number of deaths.

A number of commentators are saying that 'herd immunity' was another way of dressing up doing nothing.

So why did they not just insist all the MPs be in lockdown in the Houses of Parliament for a couple of days ?  Then they could all be unwell together. 

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

2 hours ago, maroondevo52 said:

My Grand-daughter knows nothing about this.  She is a Senior Nurse in a Group Practice   I have emailed her the link. 

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

4 hours ago, citizenB said:

My Grand-daughter knows nothing about this.  She is a Senior Nurse in a Group Practice   I have emailed her the link. 

She is being tested on Monday.. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BCOBS

3 minutes ago, citizenB said:

She is being tested on Monday.. :) 

Hope it all goes well for her CB, let us know how she gets on.

👍 will do. 

BCOBS

Anyone know if Pritti Patel is in lockdown?

As she was clearly, demonstrably and video evidentially in VERY close contact (sat closely between)at least two people who have tested positive well within the 5 day approx average incubation period let alone longer.

or is she still out and about on official (or unofficial given her history) government/personal business?

.. Which allegedly includes screaming shouting and spraying at those she considers minions (aka nearly everybody)

or dont the rules apply to those in power or rich if it doesn't suit them?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Can you imagine another 3 months of lock down ?

Possible public disorder events may be triggered. 

Apparently some shops that have closed are taking no chances and removing anything of high value into warehouse storage. Don't know whether this is true or just rumour .   Have seen some boarding up of windows and  shutters on doors in some premises that expect to be closed for a long period.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I cant see schools opening before Sept unless they get wholesale testing out and the results warrant it.

In fact I cant see much of anything changing before then without wholesale testing - which is a real requirement

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

5 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

I cant see schools opening before Sept unless they get wholesale testing out and the results warrant it.

I've had the feeling from the start that's the plan.  I have tenants whose business relies on children in what was my elderly aunt's place.  They have gone from successful business to zero overnight.  She died at the beginning of this month so I've been able to agree with the other executor and beneficiary that we reduce the rent on their home to £0/month for three months at a time.  We'll 'review' every three months but we don't realistically expect to see any rent (or be able to put the house on the market) until the beginning of next year so we can either take the worry off their shoulders or be nasty.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Can you imagine another 3 months of lock down ?

Possible public disorder events may be triggered. 

Apparently some shops that have closed are taking no chances and removing anything of high value into warehouse storage. Don't know whether this is true or just rumour .   Have seen some boarding up of windows and  shutters on doors in some premises that expect to be closed for a long period.

Yeh think they know things will kick off, loads of shops restaurants and bars boarded up in Glasgow.

1 minute ago, honeybee13 said:

I'm very sorry about your aunt, hightail, my condolences. I hope she's in a better place now.

HB

Thank you. Very old, far from unexpected.  We live in 'interesting' times and my focus now is on the living.

Absolutely disgusting and uncalled for, no  wonder the virus is spreading 

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-police-karaoke-party-lockdown-155617425.html😠

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

11 minutes ago, snowdragon said:

Absolutely disgusting and uncalled for, no  wonder the virus is spreading 

I'd seen that.  It's truly unbelievable isn't it.  Unfortunately Darwinsim doesn't work in this situation, they don't hurt themselves, only others.

• Like 1

and although the announcement that the desperately needed protection equipment supposedly has been delivered to hospitals .. if its true

... It is ridiculously late

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-ventilators-boris-johnson-email-nhs-testing-kits-a9432296.html

"A blunder that may have seen the UK miss out on an offer of 25,000 life-saving ventilators will be investigated, Michael Gove says.

A Cheshire company says it also told the Department of Health it could secure 50 million coronavirus testing kits – but its email went unanswered for two weeks.

The ventilators were then snapped up by other countries, Direct Access has revealed, adding to criticism of ministers for failing to prepare for an expected deluge of desperately ill patients."

I know nurses and staff in hospitals who were right up to last friday face to face with patients since the outbreak with no face masks, few gloves and not even hand sanitiser which had run out or been stolen.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks