Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

3 hours ago, cjcregg said:

Do what the Government suggests. It's the only option.

I total agree with you.

Unfortunately, the few are going to ruin it for the masses .

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

8 hours ago, cjcregg said:

Which is why the restrictions must be enforceable.

Problem is how based on the figures from national statistical office I posted at #221

Government are really going to struggle to enforce !

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

3 hours ago, 45002 said:

Problem is how based on the figures from national statistical office I posted at #221

Somehow I doubt that the entire population of 66 million people will need cracking down on, just a tiny proportion.

Enforceability is a deterrent. It won't deter some people but clearly it will have a significant effect.

Interesting and scary times

Is johnson doing a good job?

Dunno really depends on whether the focus is saving lives or reducing cost, and a lot of that money the new chancellor has put up would have been needed anyway - but didn't he come across as professional and statemanlike when compared with the bumbling waffler next to him.

We'd already commented on Johnson 'approach' here but its repeated:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/18/coronavirus-uk-expert-advice-wrong?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX1RoaXNJc0V1cm9wZS0yMDAzMjU%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=thisiseurope_email&utm_campaign=ThisIsEurope

"The scientists advising ministers seemed to believe that this new virus could be treated much like influenza. Graham Medley, one of the government’s expert scientific advisers, was disarmingly explicit. In an interview on Newsnight last week, he explained the UK’s approach: to allow a controlled epidemic of large numbers of people, which would generate “herd immunity”. Our scientists recommended “a situation where the majority of the population are immune to the infection. And the only way of developing that, in the absence of a vaccine, is for the majority of the population to become infected.”

Medley suggested that, “ideally”, we might need “a nice big epidemic” among the less vulnerable. “What we are going to have to try and do,” he said, was to “manage this acquisition of herd immunity and minimise the exposure of people who are vulnerable.” Sir Patrick Vallance, the government’s chief scientific adviser, suggested that the target was to infect 60% of the UK’s population.

After weeks of inaction, the government announced a sudden U-turn on Monday"

Survival of the fittest ...

On another note, having two frontline NHS staff in the immediate family, we went to the Tesco early opening ...

Good intentions - ferkin appalling implementation - we wont be going to another

I'm sure everyone has seen images of the queues outside, but the queues inside with rows of NHS staff waiting 30-40 minutes to check out in a mass gathering was dreadful, dangerous and mainly pointless

Why 40 minutes waiting - because the shelves were largely empty, and  Tesco hadn't arranged early checkouts to go with the early start.

We left and went to aldi to get some essentials - like a container of milk as there was none at Tesco for which in excess of 800 NHS staff spent an hour or more bottled up together

In my eyes Aldi and Lidl have shone through as the saviours in this crisis, with Tesco and Morrisons being utterly crap.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

Tonight at work is the first time management have mentioned any measures to avoid the virus.

Our union rep was in and all hell let loose, no gloves, masks, hand sanitiser or cleaning wipes.

They say everything is on order and we should have it shortly, they told us all to keep at least 2 meter's apart at all times which is almost impossible in a very busy mail depot.

They finished the meeting by telling us we must wipe down all surfaces we touch in the van, steering wheel, gear stick handles ect

to do this we would have to supply our own wipes.......shocking !!!

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

On a very worrying note,

Given that farmers had already been stressing the problems with the Tories 'get lost you EU ****' policy with migrant workers leaving - leaving crops unpicked in the field

When are we expecting Pretty awful Patel to demand people flock to the fields for their benefits?

and suggest that they should grow their own food in a window box in their flat if they haven't got a large garden or estate or two?

We are also seeing countries across the world lock down borders and that IS affecting the flow of food and medicines around the world.

I have no idea how that is being addressed.

Anyone?

On a further worrying note.

Most of our blood plasma comes from Mexican donors (often dangerously often) who cross the border into the US to donate as it pays them more than their wage.

Now despite my blood being highly desirable type wise, and prior to a policy change - me being a gold card blood donor in the UK,

for many years now, the NHS would neither accept my blood nor test me

.. as I had needed a blood transfusion after an accident somewhere around the cut-off date.

Strange that given the apparent source of the majority of plasma we do use detailed above ...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

On a more positive note, pollution is rapidly declining and nature would seem to be thriving already during the lock down of the planets main virus - Us.

The Tory Legacy

When are we expecting Pretty awful Patel to demand people flock to the fields for their benefits?

and suggest that they should grow their own food in a window box in their flat if they haven't got a large garden or estate or two?

:painkiller: Notice how she has been hidden away since the outbreak....hoping we forget about the bullying and unlawful sackings during Corona.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

3 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

On a more positive note, pollution is rapidly declining and nature would seem to be thriving already during the lock down of the planets main virus - Us.

Yup , to stay positive. The air is so clear now, it's amazing. also the quiet. No more planes overhead, I'm on the take off path to Bristol and the Landing path for Heathrow. It's so peaceful now.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It must be very strange for those who live in flight paths to be able to speak to a neighbour, even from 2 metres away and be heard !.  

I have just read that the Derbyshire Police are using Drones over the Peak District to ensure people are doing as they are advised.. sadly there are still many who are ignoring the rules to stay inside... 

https://www.commercialdroneprofessional.com/derbyshire-police-tweet-drone-footage-to-shame-locals-into-staying-home/

Sadly they have been criticised for doing this.. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-52055201

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

23 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Now Matt Hancock and the Chief Medical Officer are self-isolating for a week. Someone pointed out that the recommended time is 14 days...

and presumably whoevers been sitting between them on the benches recently

... still, look on the bright side ...

I'm sure no cost will go unspent to ensure their wellbeing.

Johnson mutters

Thank God our plans to destroy the NHS have been taking longer than expected eh?

2058781606_ThankGodourplansoverthelastdecadetogetridoftheNHSfailed.jpg.3f2cf47b225b1ea09135b3f7f303e84b.jpg

The Tory Legacy

Its not an idea it's probably the only way it will eventually become non transmissible amongst all humans

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Herd immuntity can apparently work. It is how this is done in a controlled way. You don't want too many people to be seriously ill or die at the same time.

And Corona virus is apparently not one virus, but one that has slightly different variations. So some scientists think that it is possible that people could fall ill with several strains of the virus.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

7 hours ago, dx100uk said:

Its not an idea it's probably the only way it will eventually become non transmissible amongst all humans

It's an idea and a lousy one. 

The jury's still out on whether contracting coronavirus results in immunity to catching it again or whether it mutates and renders an initial immunity obsolete.

Moreover the concept of allowing it to spread as, err, a solution to it spreading is self evidently ridiculous.

• Thanks 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks