xercise4less/CRS/Harlands - now Uksearch

slix
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Stumbled upon this website and I see the general advice is ignore CRS and that they can't do anything but thought I'd make my own post as I'm still anxious and don't want debt collectors to turn up at my parents home.

Facts:

- Joined Xercise4less in June, 2017. I paid £11.99/m

- Finished uni in July 2019, so I wanted to cancel membership as I was moving back home and the closest X4less gym would be 50miles away. 

- I initially put in a freeze request (thinking it's to cancel). When I told my friend he said I need to fill in a different form to cancel the contract.

- I was confused so I confirmed this with someone working at the gym. They explained even though my 12m contract has finished, in order to cancel the contract I would have to give 30 days notice using a form online and cancel my DD.

- So I completed this online form that same week and canceled my DD a few days later.

* Fast-forward to 20th January 2020 *

- Received a letter (to my parents address) from CSR yesterday (20th). Asking me to pay £213.47 including their fee of £102.50.

- I was at work when my parents send a pic of letter. Return address said HGC - a quick google search shows them as Hutchison Global Communications aka Three. 

- What did I do next?  Since I didn't have the letter in front of me I asked my parents for the number & reference on the letter.

- Then stupidly called CRS thinking its Three and it's regarding my recently cancelled phone contract.

What I told CRS on the phone:

- When I found out it was about my cancelled gym contract I explained in detail several times how I correctly cancelled my contract back in July 2019 and I will not be paying the outstanding amount. I didn't even use the gym. I did say I may be open to paying the monthly fee.

- Advisor said Harland got my freeze request but nothing else, no proof = you must pay or they will continue to purse me. He also said outstanding amount is not negotiable and me not using the gym is irrelevant.

- I asked for Harlands contact details, CRS refused to give it to me because Harlands will not discuss this matter with me.

After 15mins of going around in circles, me explaining what happened and advisor saying I must pay, I finally I said I am not in the wrong here. I filled the form correctly, and it said 'submitted. If their system didn't receive my request it is not my fault and I cannot be held accountable for an error on their part. So I don't agree with the charges and will not pay it and ended the call.

Other info:

- CRS said the charge of £213.47 is for membership from October 2019 - Dec 2019 + late fees + CRS fees.

- Told the advisor I no longer live at the address they sent the letter to. He asked for new address and I refused to give this out, so they will add an additional £36ish for tracing my new address.

- Apparently they sent several letter to my old address but I know they didn't because I still have friends living at that address who would have told me if anything addressed to me came through.

- I believe the system didn't acknowledge my cancellation request since a freeze request was in place but that doesn't mean I owe them any money and definitely not £213.47.

Thanks in advance!

ignore them totally.

doorstepper DCA like all DCA's on any debt

are not BAILIFFS

and have

ZERO legal powers .

CRS are harlands.

you say you have the letter, 

redact it 

convert to PDF 

and put it up here

read upload carefully

not sure where HGC come into this?

and stop using the phone!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk,

thank you for the quick reply.

Okay that's a relief, I will ignore them and definitely not using the phone again regarding this matter.

I've just noticed at the bottom of the letter it does say CRS is a Trading title of Harlands :classic_rolleyes:

I've attached the letter!

CRS.Letter.21.01.2020.pdf

Hi Slix and welcome to CAG

The initials HGC you refer to are probably Harlands Gym Collections, or something similar. Thats just a PO Box postal return address. So  nothing to do with Hutchison Global Comms or Three Mobile.

Harlands run the DD's for X4Less gym and CRS are simply Harlands in disguise. They pretend to be 2 separate entities but they're one and the same !

No collectors have turned up at a door for a gym m/ship in the last 10 years or more from what we've seen here on CAG. That's because Harlands and others stay away from court because they know they'd lose.

I'd normally suggest you write to the gym offering to pay the final month's fee that you owed for the notice period. However this is now over 2 years on so they're clearly not serious about taking any of the action they so often threaten.

So when they send their begging letters, ignore them.

As long as you get to see any letters sent by Harlands/CRS to YP's address, that's fine. Just reassure YP's that no-one will come knocking or take any court action.

Keep us posted.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi slick132,

I am aware it's nothing to do with Hutchison / Three Mobile. Just included that to explain why I called the CRS number.

Yes dx100uk pointed out that CRS is in fact Harlands. Can't believe I didn't see that on the letter

I actually cancelled my contract in July 2019, not 2 years ago. Sorry for the confusion or are you talking about my joining date?

Okay that good to hear. I will ignore them and keep you guys posted.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Sorry Slix, my error.

I now see you cancelled in July 2019 but the gym was wrong to say you can only cancel on their online system. You can cancel by simply telling a staff member but far better to confirm such matters in writing. See the Guide here - 

In any event, you should ahve allowed one final fee to be taken before the DD mandate was cancelled. You could adapt this draft to send to Harlands' Haywards Heath address. Get a free Certificate of Posting at the PO when you send the typed letter.

If you now have a permanent address, use that. Otherwise use YP's address

Your address

and post code

Dear Harlands,

I refer to my membership at [town/city] gym.

The DD mandate was cancelled in July 2019 after I told the gym staff I was moving away.

I owe for the last gym fee which was not paid for the notice period.

Please confirm your bank payment details and a reference number so I can pay you the £11.99 to end this matter. I will not pay any admin fees added by Harlands. I will only deal with this matter in writing, not by phone.

My offer is valid for 14 days and will be withdrawn if you demand any higher amount.

Yours sincerely,

If they write back demanding more, ignore them

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Update!

Sent the letter on the 24th.

Received this text 30mins ago (attached).

I haven't clicked on the link as I believe it will tell them I've clicked it and my number is active. Leading to more text/call.

Or am I wrong and should I click the link?

CRS.UKSL.Text.30.01.20.pdf

no harm to do it

get the letter 1st

you can always block the text number and report it to the ICO spam number.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

uksearch thats a 1st i think.

so you know what no. to block then....

and emails to bounce back 

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to xercise4less/CRS/Harlands - now Uksearch

Thanks for this update and, as DX says, just block the emails and ignore them for now.

😎