Fwench School Textbooks Say That 9/11 Was CIA Conspiracy!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

"This global event - without doubt orchestrated by the CIA (secret services) to impose American influence on the Middle East? - hit the symbols of American power on its own territory."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51187970

And apparently these textbooks are intended for use by Fwench undergraduates!!

So much for Egalité Liberté and integrité

Or was it Egalité Liberté and Veracité

Oh come on, mistakes happen https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50153743

maybe you should edit the title of the thread so it doesn't sound quite so little britain i.e. feed into the (not so low level) xenophobia we are facing in the UK at the moment.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I'm sorry but you have no idea of the level of denial which still exists in France

The Sorrow and the Pity (French: Le Chagrin et la Pitié) is a two-part 1969 documentary film by Marcel Ophüls about the collaboration between the Vichy government and Nazi Germany during World War II. The film uses interviews with a German officer, collaborators, and resistance fighters from Clermont-Ferrand. They comment on the nature of and reasons for collaboration, including antisemitism, Anglophobia, fear of Bolsheviks and Soviet invasion, and the desire for power.

This film was first shown on French television in 1981[4] after being banned[7] from that medium for years. In 1969, after the director submitted the film to the studio that hired him, the network head "told a government committee that the film 'destroys myths that the people of France still need'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sorrow_and_the_Pity#Reception

I know some children who in their French primary school history class spent three weeks – three weeks! studying Bloody Sunday in Ireland – and nothing about La Rafle or atrocities in Algeria or the Paris massacre of 1961 where official figures are about 40 dead – but in fact the general accepted figure seems to be well over 250 people many of whom were found floating down the Seine some weeks later and has only been acknowledged in a limited way by Emanuel macron fairly recently.

Read about it and tell me if you knew about it already.

How many concentration camps/internment camps were there in France? Maybe you can tell me the answer. Maybe you didn't know there were any at all. Most French people don't.

How much Islamophobia anti-Semitism, homophobia, general racial prejudice is there in France? I'm sure you know the answer so you can tell us.

... and incidentally the CIA 9/11 conspiracy theory is something that is talked about very often – especially the rundown suburbs of Paris.  I expect that it is also discussed in these terms in other places in the world – it's just amazing to hear about it in a textbook which has already been circulated to young undergraduates.

...  and by the way, the opinion in the academic textbook was not put in there as a mistake. It was an opinion which was voiced by respected French academic and later on apparently, he followed it up with a similar comment in Facebook which then gave rise to a shocked and scandalised discussion.

Sorry Bankfodder

I don't know all the details but i am aware there is a lot of denial in France just as there is in many other countries, we could look at Poland as a prime example. We could of course look at the UK; were we ever taught about our complicity in the slave trade ( I was taught about abolition). Are we taught about how we butchered people in Ireland- I certainly wasn't . I wasn't taught about Peterloo, neither was I taught about the mass murder in Ukraine on the same level as the Holocaust. 

Do you spend much time in the UK ? There are huge levels of general xenophobia but more importantly Islamophobia. For the first time since the 1980's the level of people thinking it is acceptable to be gay and out has fallen. All these things mean that we need to fight against it and not make causal comments that feed into it.  Brexit has only made it worse; it has given people an excuse to express their bigoted mindset.  Here in Coventry, Chinese students are being attacked by idiots who have no idea just how much money they bring to the local economy.

So I think yes, we all have skeletons in our cupboards and as a responsible people we need to do what we can to inspire a cosmopolitan and inspiring country

Yes I spend all my time in the UK – and I think I will leave you to deal with your own skeletons

10 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Yes I spend all my time in the UK – and I think I will leave you to deal with your own skeletons

I had been told you lived in France . My skeletons have been dealt with I think .

You will always be able to find ‘respected’ academics with what I would consider rather strange ideas and misinterpretations as my link showed,