BankFodder BankFodder

billybobyeeharrboy

Private seller Friend, fraudulent misrepresentation

Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum,

So long story short bought a car from a friend, (who turns out to not be a friend at all)

August 2018 I bough a car for 14k from the guy and paid by bank transfer. He showed me a used car bill of sale for 15k which he had (now) clearly knocked out to show me and thus we agreed on 14k, for a sale, he had only put about 2k miles on the car in the year he had owned it. anyway stupid of me not to check I know, but he was a friend who I thought was being honest with me. He even went as far to say I am not trying to diddle you, which now was a clear sign that's exactly what he did do.

Unfortunately the engine nearly blew up a couple of weeks ago a bolt dropped out the oil filter seal, smashed up the engine casing and nearly ripped up the cambelt, luckily didn't as then really would be a palava

anyhow going through the cars history I found the name and number of the guy he bought the car off and gave him a ring and in the conversation it came up that the friend paid 12.8k for the car and not the 15k which he had me believe when he bought the car.

Do I have a leg to stand on considering I bought the car 15/16 months ago and I dont have a copy of the 15k used car bill of sale just the sale we made for 14k. Obviously it doesn't make sense he paid 12.8k for the car then a year later I agreed to pay 14k for it.

Is there anything I can do? I know it makes me look stupid and sorry for the long winded recollection.

Thanks in advance

best wishes to all

BB

I would suggest you have no chance of any claim. You purchased the car for an agreed price. 

Regarding the filter, there are generally no bolts on the oil filter, are you sure that’s where it came from?

But having it 15 months, was it due a service before then?

Hi There Craig, yep the car was serviced pretty much as soon as I bought it, 

regarding the filter I mean to say pump:  the diagnostic is as follows: On arrival vehicle oil pump failure due to loose bolt inside casing smashing hole in case also damage to cam belt 

Regards