Incorrect/fraudulent fedex invoice.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Item purchased from the United States.

Fedex import duty invoice is grossly inaccurate for costs of goods and delivery paid.

I provided evidence of the accurate value of goods and delivery and the relevant amount of duty to be applied.

Fedex decline to amend the invoice accordingly.

I have offered to pay the right amount of tax owed.

They have offered a good will gesture which still leaves the total amount of the invoice grossly inaccurate and inflated.

I have declined this as a gesture of good will and decline to pay any admin fee's due to their fraudulent practices and damages I have incurred as a result.

I now consider Fedex to be acting fraudulently given the fact they are in receipt of accurate evidence disputing their inaccurate import duty calculation but refuse to amend the invoice.

No PAP received.

I am considering legal action under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) 1977 under title VIII of Consumer Credit Protection Act for compensation should they fail any of the required processes pursuant to the debt.

Trading standards will be contacted on Monday, I am considering the financial ombudsman?

Grateful for thoughts/advice? 

Edited by FruitSalad1010

For fun I have attached a copy of one of their e-mails (invoice numbers edited for privacy), indicating just how much "attention to detail" they apply to their "investigations",

Full marks to them however for being diligently gender neutral by keeping their options open in terms of title despite me having signed each e-mail with the relevant title.

Proof of improper investigation.png

Edited by FruitSalad1010
Spacing

I don't know if we have the experience to help you on this, but it certainly would be impossible as you haven't told us anything about the story including the values concerned.

Fedex is attempting to invoice me a total of £37.79 for import duty on an item I only paid £36.97 for in total.

They have incorrectly applied a shipping rate of £105.42 to  calculate import duty when I only paid £13.70 for shipping.

I have given evidence and they decline to amend it.

Update after taking legal advice.

Effectively FedEx are in breach of contract as at no time did I agree for them to pay import duty on my behalf. The shippers website only indicates that it will be assessed by customs and FedEx, not that it will be paid.

Following the normal steps, I will be claiming compensation.

If you are taking legal advice elsewhere – then you would probably be better off staying with your other source. I think you have to decide to go with one adviser or another. The advice we give here is free and we are a group of hard-working volunteers.

If you haven't paid FedEx anything – then I would wait until they make their move. However, consult with your legal adviser. Maybe you would like to tell us who that is is a matter of interest

This is being posted for the benefit of others should they ever find themselves in a similar situation as well as to gather useful opinion if it is offered, not to waste your hard working time as you seem to be implying.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to gather opinions from a range of experienced sources.

If you prefer I shall not post consumer issues in the future and we can all be worse off for it.

Trading standards offered the advice.

Update:

The invoice has been cleared by customer services. It appears FedEx were unwilling to provide an accurate invoice at risk of admitting fault.

Caution to anyone following the same course of action they will declare a hold on all parcels to your address in order to hold you at ransom for egregious import duty invoices.

Edited by FruitSalad1010

So what have you decided to do about it? Based on the legal advice you've obtained

Also you haven't addressed the point I made as to whether or not you have paid FedEx something already. Maybe you told trading standards.

Thank you, so what have you decided to do about it?

I'm also interested to know how you managed to engage trading standards in a conversation and to obtain advice. They are generally speaking very elusive when it comes to dealing with members of the public so I can imagine that there are many people here who would be interested to know the secret.

Normally speaking one can only make contact very remotely by using citizens advice