dcbl letter re Mway Servs PCN - after rear-ended at 1am on Mway

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2016 I was driving on the motorway at 1am and a car drove in to the back of my car,

police attended and told me to park in a service area until the morning as my car was damaged, 

I was shaken up and didn't want to continue driving and needed day light to see if my car was safe to drive,

I got a fine from the service area operators,

I rang them and told them what happened,

IE the police told me to park there until daylight,

they said no fine was owed under the circumstances,

now four years later I get a letter from dcbl saying I owe £184 in fines and costs,

the letter states that high court or bailiff action will not happen,

do I ignore this letter,

I've been told not to respond by letter or phone as that constitutes the start of contract to pay,

N/B i was found to be totally blameless for the accident, my car was written off by the insurance company and the driver of the car that ran in to the back of me was found to be 100% at fault for the accident, 

The service area I parked in was closed while I was parked in it and I left at 6am before the service area was opened at 8am,

RECAP . . .the police tell me park there, the owners say they did not want the fine due to the circumstances, dcbl say they want payment four years later,

please complete this:

and it is not a fine...

the letter is just a scary one ...they are not acting as bailiffs no..they can't ..no CCJ has been awarded

can you also scan up the NTK and any other letters too USE PDF ONLY

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

reply to honeybee13, are the service area operators a private parking company? 

no, the service area is owned by a petrol sales company, shell, but they use/or did use a private company to monitor their service area, a company who fit a camera to monitor who uses the area,

there was a notice stating parking was only allowed to customers of the service area, but where that notice was is not clear as i did not see it,

i did read online that the company who monitored the cameras and issued the fines had gone in to administration, but i'm not 100% sure about that, when i received notice of the parking fine in 2016.

i rang them up explaining that the police told me to park there and i left before it was open to the public, and they said under the circumstances i did not have to pay the fine,

then four years later dcbl say they want £180 in fines and costs,

i feel that hey are being unreasonable to say the least.  .  . 

they are not fines.

its a speculative invoice with unlawful added charges for other companies involvement

DCBL can't do a thing to you.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Totally ignore DCBL.

As usual thay are talking out of the wrong end of thie bodies.

You were authorised by the Police to park there. End of.

Plus your car was not driveable anyway so not parked.

I assume that the notice you received four years ago was probably from a car parking group of crooks rather than the actual garage service operator.

Please do not worry about it, whoever is using DCBL to pursue does not have a leg to stand on.

Should you get a Letter of Claim from the parking Company let us know and we will advise you on your next move.

Otherwise just forget about it.

one VERY important point.....

have you moved from the address stated on the V5C held at the time of this incident??

and they

• 2 weeks later...

you ignore DCBL, they dont have any interest in anything, they just get paid for writing scary letters.

As for the so called creditor- they cant resurrect this after that time as they have mitigated the debt anyway but have undoubtedly just downloaded a lot of old stuff from their computer and handed it to DCBL

That in itself may cause them data protection problems but let them waste their time and money rather than you putting effort in banging your head against their very thick brick wall

well it would be nice if the OP responded and interacted with us...

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to dcbl letter re Mway Servs PCN - after rear-ended at 1am on Mway