BankFodder BankFodder

skintoed

ERUDIO / Shoosmiths Northern Ireland County Court Help

Hi,

I've gotten back from holiday to find that Erudio / Shoosmiths have sent me the following requests:

- Notice to Produce

- Notice Requiring Discovery

- Notice for Particulars of Defence

They give 14 days. - it ran out yesterday!

Ive been fighting them for a while re a Student loan from 1996, sold to Erudio in 1993, but hoped they had gone away last year.  The alleged debt is SB and there was no contract anyway as I refused to sign their form. I've never admitted the debt and have never paid them a penny.  I've never ever earned enough to pay them a penny either.

Under SLC I'd never missed a deferment, but they refused to accept my wage slips despite being clearly under the threshold, and put me into default, and 7 days to pay in full.

I've done 3 letters and Cease and desist after claim form and intention to defend last year. Their paperwork wouldn't stand up to the scruitiny of a court.

I've not had the chance to take legal advice or prepared a reply, have I missed the boat here?

Should I just wait and let them apply to the court for discovery.  ??

Their office is near my work so I can hand deliver to them if required.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks,

Skintoed.

doesn't matter what paperwork they hold 

if you last deferred to slc the debt is statute barred file an SB defence. kill it dead

though i'll be honest and say NI court claims are not something we are used too.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

Thanks, it's hard to find advice online re the system over here. I was unsure if I should send them anything at all, as it seems to go directly to them, and not to the court?

Will remind them that I've notified them of statute bar already, and for them to drop their case. 

Also, do I need to answer their pleas at this stage, or do I wait for a request directly from the court? 

Many thanks, have been lurking around on the forums here for a while, and had lots of great advice from you and others. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I last deferred in 2013 to slc directly,

i have never defered nor therefore your claim is statute barred

should you wish to continue the claim

I will be seeking costs from you.

I believe you have to lodge an intention to defend within 14 days ??

there another erudio NI claim here i'll find it later.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

Just thought I'd let you know that I sent that through to them the next day. i've not heard anything back since, so hoping that's the end of it. Many thanks for all your help.

Skintoed