edf energy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i was just seeking some advice. 

I was with EDF for many years and decided to switch companies in october last year .

I then realised that for the prior 6 months to october that edf had not been taking £125 per month from my account but only £25 per month .

They said i couldnt switch till it was paid but then realized it was their mistake and let me switch to eon but to pay them back £40 per month .

i then recieved a letter saying that if it's not paid in full in january then they will enter my home and put a pay as you go meter in until the balance is cleared .

Just wondered if they can now do this as i am now with a different company that supply both my electricity and gas .

Thanks in advance

I doubt it Colin...probably not aware that you are no longer with them and yet to catch up going off the many threads here of EDF and their inefficiency.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Might be worth telling EDF this is a historic debt due to their own inefficiency, and they are NOT your supplier so cannot lawfully go to a court and ask for a warrant to force entry to fit a Prepay meter.  they might then try to get a CCJ.  What is the total owing now?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

They probably can't but it's an extraordinary threat.

I think you need to put your marker down by making a complaint to the regulator. Do it in writing. Tell EDF in writing that you are making a complaint about them. I think not only should you complain about their threat which seems to me to be on the same level as harassment but also their failure to look after your account properly and to apply the direct debit correctly. I wonder whether this might effectively come under the back billing code.

I suggest that you start doing this immediately. If you are clearly in dispute then it would be highly improper of them to do anything.

The trouble is with EDF is that they are French company and that they still think that they are dealing with the Fwench. They get away with this kind of stuff in Fwance

Wouldn't put it past EDF to actually try to put in the Prepay meter, going off some of their shenanigans, if they did it would not go well for them if you do as BF suggests and get that complaint in ASAP. Keep paying the balance down whilst this is going on, that shows you have acted in good faith which will help you in the long run if they become silly.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Don't waste time "looking into it". Start the complaint now.

Hello colin1096 and many thanks for joining us.

Now we’re your supplier, EDF have lost control of your meters and will not be able to arrange for a meter exchange. This is not allowed within the industry. Only the current supplier has access to the information and processes to arrange for this to happen and we don’t do this on behalf of other companies.

Hope this helps colin1096.

Malc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It would be very helpful if you would post up the threatening letter from EDF – redacted for identifiers but in PDF scan format.

Thanks