Cabot and Resolvecall - old co-op loan

roygoodbeat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wanted some advice.

I have had Cabot writing to me for the last couple of years chasing an old debt which they allege is a co-OP loan.

I have ignored them, as well as the previous companies for 10 years.

It will be statue barred.

They recently changed tactics.

They first wrote a letter saying thankyou for the recent payment, then letters saying why have you stopped paying.

Then they have instructed resolvecall to visit my home.

I have made no payment to them.

I have an account with cabot for another debt which I have been paying for 5 years , but never have had any statements from them.

I wrote to them when I moved about the change of address but was specific under gdpr that the address was for that account only.

They appear to have applied to this other alleged account which they have been writing for. 

What should I do as it is already stressing me out and I have spent the last 10 years first getting over depression and rebuilding my life!

Don't want to go back there again!

• dx100uk changed the title to Cabot and Resolvecall - old co-op loan

urm..you seem to be getting a bit confused upon what address should be used when chasing debts ...but never mind.

its better they know how to contact you that stops backdoor CCJ's.

and as you've had a couple of CCJ's ...you'll know why that's important.

if the debt is statute barred, then send our SB letter.

as for the otherone you are paying to cabot ...hope you sent a CCA request?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Cripes you need to make sure all accounts have your current address. Do this immediately, GDPR has nothing to do with this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Ok. I will send a staue barred letter. Was trying to keep things simple. What about their claim that I have made a payment?

On the other account, which had a ccj on (over 8 years old and paying) surely under the consumer credit act, they are obliged to send an annual statement or every 6 months. 

I have been reluctant to write to them as this opens up a can of worms and they try all sorts of tactics. 

Do you make reference to the agreement number when paying the CCJ debt  ?  With regards to statements...there is a lot of things they should be doing but dont.....as advised SAR get all your data and check that payments are not being misappropriated to get around statute barring.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

as for the one with the CCJ...what do you made by 'had' a CCJ?

it still has a CCJ - you've not settled the judgement yet and are still paying it...?

I see you have a couple of threads regarding CCJ's...might be best to post on the thread regarding that CCJ rather than here?

let me know which one it is and we'll re open the thread.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

stuff and all any dca can do...they are not bailiffs.

least of all at  your door..

if he does appear

film him on your phone

do not engage 

simply say leave my property and do not return else i'll call police 101.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick bit of advice. I wrote to cabot asking for a sar on the account I pay. Just got a letter back saying they do not have to send anything under this account number as this was subject to a legal case, but would send a statement out seperatly. They also included loads of other accounts numbers. Two I think are with Barclaycard, which I won in court, and the other is this co-OP loan they allege. 

They have also said they will not release any info unless I confirm my identity by phone or sending copies of passports ect. They say that the date they have to send is from when I send back this information. Does not sound right. I also think they are trying to get me to acknowledge these other debts.

Have you moved since they attained the CCJ?

and they

Yes. The ccj is from sainsburys. I lost in court at the time as cabots solicitors only gave me their court pack 5 minutes before going in. Was innocent at the time in this process.

I wrote to them with change of address a while ago but looks like they have only just amended my details. ( they wrote time at my new address but only applied it to another account) been paying the ccj for sainsburys since 2911 but never had a statement. 

cabots solicitors , I thought sainbury's took you to court themselves?

and cabot latterly were sold the debt/CCJ?

and they