1ST POST -should I claim interest straight away?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They might argue that even though the system said there was a balance of £x in the account, it is down to you to know what sums are due to be paid out, therefore giving you the exact figure left in the account and available to spend.

Despite this why not contact them to see if they will agree to refund some of these charges.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Quite agree with your point, I should keep it up to date. I guess I am not really disputing that point, more that their charges in the first place [justified or not] mean we have incurred further charges because there wasn't enough to pay the bills.

It is so galling that they charged us £30 for a £5 switch payment. I know they aren't based on a sliding scale it is just galling all the same.

Did not mean to come accross as having a go but I just feel that in the curent climate, the banks may pick up on any point, no matter how small, to try and avoid refunding the charges taken.

I agree that charging £30 for bouncing a £5 payment is taking the p*** and maybe at some stage in the future they might introduce a sliding scale that would be fair to everyone.

Give them a ring and see what they are prepared to do.

If they refuse to repay on the back of a phone call then send them the preliminary letter.

Good luck

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

If I were in your position! I would remind them of them of your recent win, regarding previous charges. If you went through courts procces the last time, a "gentle" reminder that you are not afraid of the procces may well be enough to get them to refund. if not.... threaten to start over again.

that's just my personal opinion.... gotta be worth a try... they use enough scare tatics on us after all.

Good luck

Tempty

thank you both. PPMAN I didn't think you were having a go at all, it was a fair point, well made. I am grateful to you both for your input and think I will have a go. Because of this they have left us without a penny for the next 4 days, with 3 small kids you can imagine why I got a but het up.

As ever grateful for the advice. I shall pop into the branch today.

thank you both. PPMAN I didn't think you were having a go at all, it was a fair point, well made. I am grateful to you both for your input and think I will have a go. Because of this they have left us without a penny for the next 4 days, with 3 small kids you can imagine why I got a but het up.

As ever grateful for the advice. I shall pop into the branch today.

Be interested to know how you got on, please dont forget to update us with your news.

I'm interested as to how they make a 'Guarantee card payment charge' when you're using a Solo card to make a payment. After all, a Solo card is a debit card and not a guaranteed payment card. It might well be up to you to know how much you have in your account, BUT, if you have 'spent money' you don't have then you've broken the terms and conditions. This means they've charged you for you breaking these, meaning they can't profit from the said charge, meaning that you can claim them back...no?

• Haha 2

Just hate every DCA out there

Sorry for my late reply, I have only just found the post. You have tapped on something there that I have been wondering about. I thought if you didn't have any money in your account then they would just decline the payment at the till? I would have preferred the embarrassment of that rather than end up spending money it turned out I didn't have and being charged for it.

Does anyone know if this is the case?

I couldn't get into the bank yet through illness but I am tempted to phone them today. Working it out they have taken £435 in the last week in charges and apart from the first couple which were I suppose down to me believeing the online systems amount rather than me working out if I had money in there, the rest were ONLY caused because of the first set of charges.

As they settled with me the first time pre court, surely that puts them on a sticky wicket if they refuse this time?

Just called and spoke to my branch and had quite a lengthy conversation. The assistant was actually quite sympathetic towards the end and also kept changing the story on their policy. i think once she realised I had been here before and won she didn't know what to say. She has rattled off to speak to a manager now and I await further news.

she couldn't actually come up with anything sensible as an excuse and tried to claim that it is my fault or most so the retailers fault for not putting through the debit payment straight away as soon as it's made but surely it is bank error if they let a debit card payment go through if there is no money in the account?

Right no dice, the branch won't pay up any of them but you could tell the assistant felt this was wrong. she said all of these unfair charge claims NOW had to be done through customer relations. When weren't they done through customer relations?

Anyway could I have some advice before I go ahead. do I send the stand pre lim or should it be tailored to say that I am only claiming again because these are charges upon charges etc?

Right no dice, the branch won't pay up any of them but you could tell the assistant felt this was wrong. she said all of these unfair charge claims NOW had to be done through customer relations. When weren't they done through customer relations?

Anyway could I have some advice before I go ahead. do I send the stand pre lim or should it be tailored to say that I am only claiming again because these are charges upon charges etc?

Write to customer relations at Borehamwood (Stuart Higley) and do the same as before- send them a LBA asking for charges back. Put a paragraph in that states that if they are considering closing your account you'll see this as retaliation and will report them to the Banking Ombudsman.

Just hate every DCA out there