BankFodder BankFodder

creditlimit

Natwest Debit & Credit Card Transactions in Krakow Club i Don't Remember - County Court route?

Hi

Having pondered on a legal angle for redress - failed FOS - found this forum and looks like you helpful people could provide a quick yes or no.

*If nothing else, you will find the circumstances entertaining

Q: Do I have a case for county court (BCOBS or similar) and, more importantly, is it worth it?

Had a credit card with documented £2500 credit limit

Card was on approx £2200 - close to limit

Visited a friend in Krakow.

Talked into visiting a bar.

Turns out its a strip club.

Strong reason to believe was drugged (hours missing, sick for 3 days etc, visited A&E on return).

As I stress to all my friends now - do not go in those places. Ever.

If you want to read the experiences of others see:

https://cutt.ly/FrxXkd9 Club VIP Krakow Google Reviews

http://www.krakowpost.com/4766/2012/04/[problem]-allegations-against-krakow-strip-club

It is these stories which have reaffirmed my original thoughts that I was drugged too, anyway.

Genuinely, I'm not looking for sympathy or security advice just a simple legal perspective, if nothing else, someone may avoid such places in future.

Current Account

2 transactions x £750ish = £1500

Was already into £6000 arranged overdraft with irregular income from self-employment

My understanding was I had £7k arranged but FOS say they have evidence from bank saying it was £9k.

Point being that I believed it went over my arranged overdraft.

I'm considering these a lost cause now.

Credit Card

Limit was £2500

Balance was approx £2200

1 transaction >£1000 took me £700 above credit limit

No phone call from bank, no fraud prevention. Didn't even know of credit card transaction until got call to discuss repayment.

I wasn't aware that credit cards could go over their limit.

I may be naive but I always thought that was part of their fraud prevention appeal.

Nearly killed me dealing with this debt when it happened - January 2016.

FOS totally useless.

Bank acted reasonably as PIN used.

But going substantially over the credit limit at 2am in a foreign country in a club?

And with the number of complaints (someone is preparing a class action),

how are these places not on some sort of fraud prevention list?

In short, any chance of redress for the £1000 + interest charges on the credit card transaction? BCOBS?

Any case history or otherwise which can direct whether there is any point with a small claims.

It seems very unreasonable to me.

Not really the circumstances to agree a credit extension.

Thank you

Hello and welcome to CAG.

People should be along over the course of the evening to advise, please bear with us until they're able to get here. They will know what to do. :)

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Your experience happened to a friend of mine too, without the credit card fraud but they had all his cash off him.

First step, SAR the bank and the Credit card company.  You will then have total visibility into exactly what went on, and what your limits were etc.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

That's great. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Would a SAR allow me to see evidence of both my current account and credit card limits in 2016?

Also, would I get evidence of the transactions that were attempted but they chose to block? This would be really useful as verbally I was told that the current account had a refused amount. This would imply that either they suspected fraud or that the overdraft limit was actually what I believed it to be and it was refused due to lack of funds. Hence, rebutting their FOS submission.

Would a SAR cover that level of detail?

Many thanks,

Yup.

Each SAR will be a big box, with screenshot's, notes, statments, letters everything

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I have my SAR ready.

As these are for both a current account and a NatWest credit card, should I send two requests or one?

The NatWest website shows one Manchester address whilst this site shows different addresses for statements and cards.

Many thanks @London1971

Ahh ok, yup, when I sent my SAR to Natwest, they included everything going all the way back to the year 2000, Current accounts, Credit Cards everything. So be prepared for information overload.