Pivn vs HSBC

pivn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

04 Aug - Prem letter asking for 1 year of charges (at that point I wasn't aware I could claim for 5 years or had any charges in that period)

* HSBC offered to settle my figure for charges in last year minus £60

31 Aug - Subject Access Request (for full list of charges)

* HSBC wrote again offering to settle ALL charges in last year

07 Sep - wrote to HSBC to announce intention to recover all charges

31 Oct - 2nd Prem letter (asking for 5 year's worth of charges)

- no reply from HSBC

It's been a bit muddled as I wasn't aware I could claim for 5 years also a bereavement in the family has lead to me delaying things.

Just to make sure I get things right at this point: is the next stage to send a Letter Before Action, using the spreadsheet to calculate interest charges and include these on my LBA.

Once again I appreciate all the help this site provides and will donate to the site once I have claimed back my charges, thanks.

Cheers for the reply bottomburp.

I did not include the contractual interest in my preliminary letter. I'd rather just claim the charges and the 8% interest. I am pursuing this for my partner so do not know the contractual interest rates to be honest and I'm not sure where to find out that information.

If I send the LBA, my understanding is that I still do not include the 8% but that I do when I take the bank to court?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Right, LBA was sent in December, HSBC once again failed to offer the full refund. I'm claiming £1700, they offered £1500, so I have filed a claim online with Money Claim.

Reading other threads, my understanding is that I now sit and wait and it's a small test of nerve as HSBC contact their solicitors.

I did include the paragraph: "3. Defendant is aware of all details as a list of charges has already been supplied. Another copy will be sent." - I now resend the list of charges again do I include the 8% interest included? Do I tell the bank that I have filed a claim or just send the charges with a cover letter?

Cheers! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I've only just seen your post, if you haven't already done so, send your schedule of charges with 8% added to the bank. I just used this,

..........-v- HSBC Bank PLC

Claim No:.......

Date Issued: ............

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.