style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have outstanding corporation tax of £2,900.00 from last year and now plus £6.500 a new one which should be paid before 1st January 20, total around £9,500.00.

For last year I had set up plan with HMRC to pay my tax in Monthly instalments but I had some Family problems and I stopped paying them. The last letter from HMR I had in November 19 (Notice warning of legal proceeding)  to call them what I did but they did not want to set up again new plan to continue paying, I only heard that they put my account to Enforcement team and they cant do anything now and I have to wait. Yesterday I received text from HMRC about the same thing to contact them and again calling I heard only that they can’t help me because my account has been passed to Enforcement office. I want to pay this in instalments as I can only afford 800.00£ Monthly payment. I am working as a Contractor and have a small income.

What should I do now? Who to contact ? what to expect next? I want to start repaying this, but HMRC any time I am calling them I hear the same that I have to wait for Enforcement team. From November 19 I did not get anything, why they texting me to contact HMRC if they don’t help anyway. I don’t want to have knocking bailiffs on my door, but I am not getting any letters/ reminders at all so I don’t know what to do now. I don’t have any assets, only old computer I mobile which belongs to my Ltd company , anything else. 

Have you explained to them the exact circumstances as to why you can't pay?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

YES, I did and now I can start again paying  Monthly instalments but they don't want to set up any plans. I called them yesterday, I called today in hope that maybe different person - different view, but they have their own rules. 

Just start paying them the installments.

When you have paid the first one, call to confirm that they have received your payment.

They won't go to court, in fact all they can do is hand it over to a powerless DCA.  As for bailiffs, forget it! Not going to happen.

HMRC's call centre opps are diabolical.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi Wiosna,

I assume you have details from when you set up the instalment plan so, as London says, just pay what you can, when you can.

Is the Ltd Co business still trading and/or generating profits ?

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Remember, should it go to court, which I personally think is unlikely.  Hundreds of thousands of people owe HMRC money. No way the courts could even deal with a fraction of that load.  The risk of them finding a sympathetic judge who will look at your finances and ask you to pay below what you are paying now, puts you in an excellent position. Considering that you will already be paying them what they asked.

I had already two text from HMRC , each Monday to pay now. I will start paying them again starting from 31 January £800.00, and after each Month on the end, I cant afford more. No letters, No left messages from them - what to expect after ? I cant sleep, I cant concentrate, I cant do anything ... I don't know what kind of procedures they have   

You just keep Paying them what you can afford. You are doing the honest and right thing. Know that! If HMRC were stupid enough to take you to court you’d have payed half your debt already by the time your appearance came around. Then a.judge would see that you are making every effort to pay and they would lose. Which is why it won’t happen.

They come down heavily on won’t pays not can’t pays .

By paying them you are undermining any case they might try to bring. pay as you are and don't stress out.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Did you reply to the text explaining that you will pay £800 on 31st Jan as that's the earliest you can manage.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Put the offer/promise to pay in an email or a letter so you can show the efforts you're making.

Stay off the phone. You need a paper trail and this applies to all dealings generally - keep comms in writing.

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to your email of xxdate.

I am unable to pay you immediately but will pay £800 on 31st January and continue to pay this amount monthly thereafter.

Yours faithfully,

Wiosna

• Like 2

Great advice. Get it all in writing with proof of posting so that you have a paper trail. Then follow through with your promise .

Sure you will always need to pay Tax, it’s one of life’s unavoidable’s but in my experience they are not nearly as threatening as they make out.

The Newgate debtors prison closed its doors for the last time in 1902, nobody goes to prison anymore for this. Huge fraud cases excepted.

None of this will even appear on your credit file. If they come back with anymore nasty letters or texts we will help.