• Tweets

• Well stuff and all they can do with only a restriction k  £13k thats one hell of a card debt..   wonder why rbs decided to sell it on ....should they have allowed you to have such a large balance? Were you well solvent at the time? Looks like you were not if you had to pay your mortgage with it for god knows how long to run up £13k..   smacks of possible irresponsible lending to me esp if your credit file was shot with all manner of default s and lots other debt/ lending .
    • Hi guys    First post so apologies if I've made any mistakes on posting location or if this information if held in a general file location.   I have been declined a Mortgage recently based on defaults on my credit file that I genuinely didn't know anything about (details below)    British Gas - Defaulted in July 2019 owing £1,871 and £992 (settled Oct 2019)  Cabot – Defaulted Sept 2017 owing £330 (settled July 2017) Lowell – Defaulted May 2018 owing £79 -  Bt Consumer – Defaulted Feb 2016 owing £34 - This one isn't even in my name!    I was looking to see if anyone has a process or maybe letter templates for challenging Defaults and ultimately getting them removed from credit file?   I have spoken to a credit repair company who are looking to charge me £250 per Default to have them removed, however I would prefer to try and challenge these myself however have no idea where to start.    Any help appreciated. Happy to make a donation to the running of the site too if anyone can assist.   Many Thanks   
    • Priti Patel reaches £340,000 settlement with ex-Home Office chief Philip Rutnam "Priti Patel has reached a six-figure settlement with a senior civil servant following claims that he was forced out of his job for intervening in her alleged bullying of fellow staff, it has emerged."   https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/04/priti-patel-reaches-six-figure-settlement-with-ex-home-office-chief-philip-rutnam   Now Johnson needs to explain how and why he over turned the assessment on her breach of ministerial code https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnson-rules-priti-patel-did-not-breach-ministerial-code-over-bullying-allegations-12136986
    • So the CCJ is coming up to its sixth anniversary...hence the flurry of activity. Debt assignment even ones with a CCJ attached when sold or assigned....the transaction does not become complete until you have acknowledged or paid the new owner making them the legal owner.   Therefore they are desperate to get you on board with some kind of payment arrangement before it hits that  6 years period since the CCJ was given.   An action cannot be brought on any judgment after the expiry of 6 years from the date it became enforceable. The term “action” only applies to the commencement of fresh proceedings on a judgment, it does not include enforcement proceedings so, strictly speaking, for enforcement purposes and enforcement proceedings, no limitation period applies. However, any delay in enforcement on the part of the judgment creditor will affect any award of interest as recoverable interest is limited to 6 years on a judgment that is executed after the expiry of the 6 year period. Court permission is required to enforce a judgment debt that is more than 6 years old. In a particular case of Warrants of Execution, these must be renewed after 12 months if they have not been enforced. Further, the court is entitled to take account of delay and enforcement when exercising its discretion to grant any Order sought.       .
    • Already covered whether they should in my post #5 link...and no its not a telephone issue...its a service company exploiting its customers with a premium rate phone support contact number.
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Reclaim Halifax Loan and Mortgage Charges

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 400 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want to scan it up use PDF 

read upload carefully.

it will be there.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've checked through the account 'statement' which has all the notation codes on it, and there is no ND code at all. 

There is also no ND code or 'default' reference in the summary page. 

But I don't have a schedule of correspondance included in the SAR,  despite me asking for ALL information pertaining to the account.

Maybe I have to go back and request that?  

I've actually checked every page of the SAR for Default notice and the only mention is Pre default notice and notice expired charges in a 'charges' summary. But these all come under a standard notation of 72D

Summary.jpg

can't believe that if you've had arrears as you say in post 1 here and lots of charges there has been no default.

your sar will be on all your dealings with them.

how many pages are regarding this loan..

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I ran into trouble with my business quite early in the loan so it's been in arrears for most of it's life. 

I did an SAR earlier last year in which they sent out a lot of info for all agreements i'd had directly/indirectly with them, but it was all mixed up and very difficualt to pull info from it. So I requested again but just for this account. 

But there's no communication log with it. and yeah no mention of default. 

I'll have to call them tomorrow and ask where the rest of the content is.

Also, 

I've just checked experian and clearscore. 

Both say all accounts are 'Green' with no issues. Apart from Halifax who's report "has worsened to :6 payments in arrears" 

And further driven my score down. 

and when was it 1, 2,3,4,5?

and they

It started in Summer. 

Roughly 6 months ago anyway. I've got screen shots of it, but the big dip was june/july and the adverse change was late a payment reported by Halifax

I appreciate the score has a few wobbles if I make a big purchase on a credit card or something, but this reduced my score by more than half, and is still holding it down because it's still being reported. 

I havn't complained to them about it yet because I wanted it to run 3 months to make it libelous, and also get all the other possible infractions together so I can hit them hard. 

I had have another loan with Nemo. They wrote to me a few years back saying they had breached the cca 1974 by not serving me NOSIA adequately and knocked 15k off the loan!. 

i think I have at least that, the charges and the credit reporting to attack Halifax with, plus possible capitalisation. 

I do appreciate any and all input on this. 

when did it get to 6 what month? look at the calendar section.

when did you sar them last?

have you had NOSIA sent?

and they

It started in june,

1 month missed payment,

and has continued since then. 2, 3 ,4 etc. 

I got the BIG SAR back beginning of the year, but the one solely for this account I got back 11th November 19.

Default notices.

I have definitely had them on the account, because I remember them suddenly starting to turn up and wondered why.

But it was years into the agreement.

Well past the start of the troubles on the account. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 22.24.08.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 22.18.43.png

I have not missed a payment. 

But as i said earlier, I WAS guilty of not getting back to them to re-visit the agreement and give the income/expenditure to re-start it. 

That happened around the same time as the report so I definately think they're connected.

I was very busy at work 7 days a week and I appreciate I was late getting back to them.

BUT i didn't miss a payment and the results of the re-visit kept my payments the same as they had been anyway. 

That screen shot shows a payment required of 199 a month. I pay £361 to contribute to arrears. as agreed with them. 

it is 6 monthly payments paid late from may

what months have 1,2,3,4,5 in them from the credit file?

you can't have received numerous default notices...

you mean NOSAI ...they are NOT the same thing.

and they

Ok so Experian shows a 'code 6' late payment every month for 7 months. Clearscore shows a timeline which dips severely june stating late payment on 1 or more accounts as the reason. Karma also shows a code 6 for the last 7 months, and when you hover over the 6 it states 'payment was upto 6 months late'

Default notices: ah ok I see. I've just dug out what they started sending me 2 years in. They're called 'Notice of Default sums' and details of a charge applied to the account. Notice starts with "under the CCA 1974 we are required to with this notice od default sums charged to your account"

the 6 status means that for 6 times or more you were late paying or some other misdemeanour registered by the owner, by the month the 6 is in.

Most credit file providers themselves treat a debt as defaulted once you reach or exceed 6 misdemeanours, this explains why you score suddenly sunk.

some credit file providers use a 6 status, some use D, some use 8. 

the above is ONLY in ref to the markers in the calendar section. no ref nor ddefaulted date is shown in the debt summary line as the owner has not issued a DN and carried through with defaulting you under the CCA section 87/88.

a creditor must send a NOSIA each time they register a marker to the CRA providers.

and they

Ok but the text in all the cra's states late payment which hasn't happened.

And yes it dropped dramatically as soon as they reported whatever the crime was, but I din't do anything wrong. I

'm going to complain anyway as I didn't receive a nosia in June when they made the report. 

Indeed I've NEVER received one. 

And my score has gone from excellent to very poor 👎

I'll also contest these notice of default sums starting so late. 

Thanks for the prolonged assistance and patience......

I'd still love to give my SAR to an auditor to check it professionally. I'll keep searching....

we can do that but you wont upload it.

and they

that appertains to this loan yes.

others do.

and they

36 minutes ago, D.J.F. said:

Ok but the text in all the cra's states late payment which hasn't happened

well in a way you are late

you have arrears, you haven't paid them off, so in effect you are 'late' paying them off.

just send a new sar it's free now.

and they

appreciate that, but i was in the same arrears the month before it dipped while I was enjoying a max credit score.

I am definitely thinking it's because I was in an arrangement and was late 'checking in' with it, and the computers sent the report, but even if thats the case, the arrangement was re-instated (a month later) but still continues the bad report each month till now.  

Might be glitch, i appreciate that, but i want to complain about any and all indiscretions, and if there's no others or recourse then so be it. 

But i know they rely on people not looking into these agreements thoroughly or at all. 

I'll request a new sar 

the devil will be in the detail that's for sure.

i'm not 100% in with the idea as yet of a complaint regarding multiple issues, which they might have done wrong, rather than a main focus on one.

but time will tell.

however, now that the info is clear, and you understand how things work and have worked, it looks increasingly like 'because' you were not in an arrangement, when the old one expired, they started these markers?

and they

Hi, 

i've called Halifax and they say I've had "ALL the info that is available" pertinent to the loan account.

I probably could do with that in writing. 

In the meantime, can you advise on the difference between

'notice of default sums'

and

'notice of sums in arrears'?

DSAR upload will follow

Many Thanks 

D

the 2nd is a letter they must send in order to do what the 1st allows them to do - charge you fees (which are unlawful anyway)

and they