Tesco Bank - CIFAS Placed 2016 - Advice On How To Handle?

L33noa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning,

Apologies I have only just picked up your messages, I’ve been tied up all weekend with my family. Ive answered below, please let me know anything I need to do. Many Thanks

First off - We need to raise a further request to Tesco to verify how this transfer was made. What information was there. What number's existed on the account? Can Tesco check the information held on their system? App info on a device wont just be IP Address - A lot more sensitive information is supplied to Tesco about the UAD (User Agent Device) 

It is possible that in the weeks up to the Security Incident that some accounts were compromised to test the sensitivity of Tescos AML Systems etc? I believe so...

Can I request this? If so how? Tesco seem to be ignoring me and say they have exhausted there complaint procedure.

Also - If a new payee was setup - What verification methods were used to approve the setup of a new payee? 

They have said it was accessed via a mobile phone. They also said a confirmation text would have been sent, but haven’t been able to send me copies of this

This may need to go legal to get Tesco to back down. The reason for CIFAS is legislation. Its easily challenged in court  if Tesco have confirmed they didnt do a good enough investigation. Either that or Media might be interested in this case. 

However we need 100% certainty that you had no involvement in the APPF (Authorised Push Payment Fraud) - If that truly is the case then this may be a slog but hopefully we can get this sorted. 

Have you formally accepted and Ombudsman response in relation to the case? (Not an adjudicator)...

I have not accepted the decision and raised a complaint about the length of time its taken them to investigate , to which they have replied saying they disagree. 2 years for me is not acceptable.  

Have you complained to CIFAS directly yet?

Complained who directed me to Ombudsman as they said Tesco had grounds to place marker. Haven’t complained since to them

You need to be insistent with Tesco's... If you are innocent as you say then you have a mountain to climb to resolve this. 

You havent exhausted the complaints process with Tesco's - You can raise a new formal complaint to them about information you require.  

You also have the option of taking this legal. Tesco are required to hold information for 6 years plus an d being unable to provide a copy of the SMS sent to confirm the payee is unacceptable. 

What number was it sent to? They need to provide this information. There is a gray area about whether this would be tipping off - But it wouldnt be if you are innocent.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

If there is serious doubt on the evidence and it is not 100% clear that you are culpable then CIFAS holds no bearing and shouldn't be registered.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

ok many thanks I shall contact Tesco today and inform them what i require, none of the above mentioned information has been supplied in the SAR

they have said the texts are not kept and cannot provide copies of what they were.

I will update you asap. do i need to ask for anything else in particular 

They need to provide you the number to which the SMS was sent - Its important... It can then prove whether it was you or not.

During that time - Do you remember anything like your phone going offline for a small period and speaking to your mobile operator? 

Thinking Sim Swap here...

• Like 1

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Is that an adjudicator or an ombudsman? Need to be clear here...

In essence to you - This was a dormant account. Did you have any transaction go through this account between the Fraud occurring and the password reset?

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

adjudicator.... i then raised complaint and an ombudsman upheld the original decision by the adjudicator  

may I add by not once contacting me further. 

sorry just seen your other question

the account was never used so no other previous transactions , no. 

Not having much luck are we... Can you see what im trying to do here... 

You have to be meticulous... If you wanted to trace your download history on an App Store - Where would you go? 

Not speaking in Riddles but there is only so much I can do for you.

In your letter from the FOS - Were all the payments made out from the account to different people?

Did anyone ever contact you saying they could get you some free money? (#Moneymule etc)

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I have managed to google how you trace download history on an App Store and i downloaded Tesco Bank on 23rd Feb 2016, it doesn't show if you used it and on what dates though 

Did anyone ever contact you saying they could get you some free money?

this never happened no,

but we were  (me and wife) selling a car around the time August 2016 and had someone interested who said they would buy ,

he asked my wife for sort code account numbers and debit card details to make the payment which my wife provided.

However no money ever arrived and he never bought the car.

I informed the FOS of this, he dismissed it as not relevant 

Wait hang on... Did you give them the Debit Card / Sort Code & Acc Number of the Tesco Account?

If so when was this? 

It could be relevant! 

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

oh dear...nail hit on head here

I bet she gave the CVV out too..:frusty:

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

With those Debit Card Details you can reset logins etc and gain access in some cases.

Which is not good... 

If this is the trigger point - Then this will be an issue but we may have found the cause...

To refund to a debit card, they need to be a Merchant.

It is highly unlikely that they werent and freely giving away information like that causes situations like this... Not a blame game but people need to be on that ball :)

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Not what to do next - Do you have the Correspondance? 

If so what info was given out?

Send me a PM if you do if it is private info - If this is the cause then we can build a case around it.

By the way - We are trying to prove that you were not part of some elaborate scheme to screw Tesco out of £150 :)

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis