BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hello there,  I would be most grateful for any help or views on a distressing incident that occurred last summer, I can supply more info.  I am a 70 years old retired man and quite severely disabled I use a Mobilty Scooter and walking aids.  I had recently been admitted to hospital with an ongoing heart condition.     I was quite a frequent customer of my local Pub/Restaurant and I had previously submitted several verbal complaints regarding short measures of drinks.  The both managers took exception to this and told me that I was "Never happy until I found something to moan about"  The atmosphere in the Pub generally declined towards myself and I was certainly made to feel unwelcome.  Matters came to a head when I witnessed a dog, inside the Pub, attack a child (A Toddler) who had accidentally trodden on the Dog`s tail.  Fortunately the parents of the child and the owners of the dog reacted quickly and no injury occurred .  The pub was very busy at this time and the incident went somewhat unnoticed.  I brought the incident to the attention of one of the managers and he actually laughed, it was monstrous.  When the pub became quieter I remonstrated with the said manager and I stated that IMO it was dangerous to have dogs and children in such close proximity whist food is being served.  He became extremely unpleasant and told me in no uncertain terms that if I did not like it then to "Stop coming back"   Two days later whilst I was out in the next village with friends my wife rang to inform me that the Owner of the pub had called around to our home and told me wife that I was barred from the pub and to never venture there again; my wife was distressed, she never frequented the pub and the owner and my wife are not well known to each other.  It is my opinion that he had no right whatsoever, to include my wife in this matter and to do so within her own home whilst I was not present.      I returned home then went to the pub to enquire why the owner had visited my home, and upset my wife.  Whilst I was on the pub car park I was met by both the owner and the manager who both informed that I was barred as I had upset staff members.  No suitable explanation was forthcoming from the owner for the reason of his unwanted and unwelcome visit plus his aggressive manner whilst he talked down to my wife.  They both informed me that they would forcefully remove me if I did not leave the car park.   Due to the immense stress I was enduring I felt an urgent need to use the toilet, when i requested to do so I was denied.  I could not believe it, I was in such a hopeless state and was utterly distraught.  Finally I struggled out of the car park but entered the front of the pub and headed for the toilet however they caught up with me and I sat down on a stool and refused to move until i was granted access to the toilet, however they were both adamant that it would not be allowed.  I reminded them that i was disabled but the owner stated that I was `Milking It` and to "Go behind a hedge".  At least half an hour passed, since I had entered the pub, and the owner stated that he would call the Police, I had gathered my thoughts a little by this time and I stated to them that I would call the Police myself and then see if I would be allowed to use the toilets.  I feel the owner began to realise that he might be in trouble as when I began to make the phone call he stated that I could use the toilet however he would accompany me; i had no option but to concur with his somewhat sick condition.  I was forced to defecate whilst he stood immediately outside the door.  My humiliation and embarrassment was complete.    Two days later I wrote to the owner and informed that I was intending to sue him for disability discrimination related offences.  He chose to disregard what I had stated and replied stating that he had no intention of lifting the ban.  I replied stating that I had no desire to ever enter one of his pubs ever again and that he should re-read my letter and respond to the charges.  He did not reply.   I issued proceedings against him in the Small Claim Court for less than £400  (Some of my clothes and a she were damaged due to soiling).  He, rather surprisingly, instructed a solicitor who has threatened me with costs being awarded against me by the court which could run into many many thousands of pounds and that there was clearly no case for her client to answer.  I must admit to being rather alarmed.  The owner is a wealthy man.     The court have advised mediation and have even offered to award one hour of such FOC; I agreed, the defendant refused.  We now have a date for a hearing and I do not know exactly what to expect.  His court response states that he will be bringing two witnesses with him yet there was only he, the owner and the manager who were present.    Much of this was audio recorded and the owner is not disputing much of my statement.  I never threatened violence or used bad language during this most unpleasant incident.      Any help and opinions would be greatly appreciated.   Kind regards.  --  tibar
    • My friend has told them this and got no response as yet nor any refund,  she  is giving them till about 2pm  to refund it or   will be  reporting it as fraud and  seeing the Police etc, have told her please  do not ever  do it again or drag me into it, I will do my best keep you updated   Sandy xx
    • Make sure you keep that email and print it out for safe keeping, just in case the PPC don't quite get the message.
    • Okay i've just sent the letters recorded delivery and have registered with the claims court. Just reading about PAP.
  • Our picks

liver77

in a DMP - Satsuma won't default me but keep using other markers..

Hi,

I’m looking for some advice,

stupidly in 2016-2017 I took out a number of payday short term loans.

I entered a DMP with Step change in January 2018, thankfully I am now in a better place and will be debt free in 2023.

After looking at my credit file recently I have noticed a particular company is marking my credit file with late payment markers and have been doing so since January 2018.

I have requested they place a default on my file from 2018 stating “The ICO advises that as a general guide defaults should be recorded between 3 – 6 months after the arrears were first incurred. All my other creditors have defaulted me within 6 months of entering the DMP which has resulted in the correct entries being on my file for the correct amount of time, namely six years, and I would ask that you consider amending my record and recording a default at the correct time on my file and notifying me of the same.”

They have not upheld my complaint stating “at no point there has been three consecutive payments missed for you your account to be defaulted.”

Can someone advise please on what options I now have?

In my opinion they are wrong with their decision. 

Best regards  

doesn't have to be three in a row.

but there now must be as you are in a DMP!!

who?

if you had loads of PDl's in a short period, and your credit file already had defaults Etc ETc why have you not considered firing off an irresponsible lending claim to each original PDL creditor?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

Thanks for your swift responses.

It's Satsuma

I have two loans with them , their email replies are showing as Provident.

I have had 24 consecutive missed payments on both loans on my credit files but they still won't agree to a default.

Seems to be a flaw in credit reporting.

If I didn't pay anything they would place a default on my file

but I'm doing as best as I can to repay and they are penalising me and I am worse off.

I am worse off than someone who doesn't make any effort to pay.

It doesn't make sense.

no wonder ..ruddy provident.

not sure how many times the authorities have penalised or criticised that lot in the last 5yrs ..I've lost count

as a side issue, was your credit file already shot with defaults from other lenders and late markers etc when these were taken out?

dx

There were a number of defaults on it but not as many as now, every other lender have agreed to default my credit entry to 2018 except them. I'm not sure what to do now. They rejected an irresponsible lending complaint from me sometime last year.  

did you goto the fos with the irl refusal?

I have just realised I haven't sent an IR complaint to them.

My credit report at the time did contain missed payments and defaults, it still does and is worse since. 

At that time June 2017 I had more but they have fallen off my credit file now.

Should I go to them with an irresponsible lending complaint.

I expect what answer they will conclude with.

I am very deflated with their decision, if I didn't pay anything to them for a number of months they would have defaulted me.

get an IRL complaint in now.

typically that will mean it vanishes from CRA file. at the very least.