BankFodder BankFodder

Mart1980

Drunk Wife opened Ladbrookes online betting account and used my Natwest Card to spend £13k!!

They haven't actually said that its closed just that they can not match my bank card details to any account which is bull...the technology they have would easily trace a transaction surely.?

To also let a card go through with somebody else's details 27 times should be impossible? 

I've just tried to open and account with them just to see what's required. this was sent to my email inbox...…………...

As a regulated and licenced business, we have an obligation to confirm the identity of our customers in order to follow the most recent requirements from the UK Gambling Commission.  

Please be aware you will not be able to deposit or play until you are fully verified. In order to do this, we still need to verify your identity. 

Please send us a picture of your Driving Licence.

Verify now using ONE of the following methods:

a) Uploading your document to http://promotion.ladbrokes.com/verify/
b) Email your document to verification@ladbrokes.com

If you don't have a Driving Licence, please send a picture of one of the following ID documents:

• Your valid passport (photo page only)
• Your valid ID card (front and back)

If you need any further assistance, our verification team is always happy to help! Simply send an Email to verification@ladbrokes.com

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation on this.

Kind Regards,

Ladbrokes Operations Team

Ladbrokes Operations Team

This is a customer service message sent to Ladbrokes.com account holders. If you have chosen not to receive marketing emails from Ladbrokes.com receipt of this email does not alter that decision.

This email communication makes use of a 'Clear Image' (gif) to track results of the email campaign. If you wish to turn off this tracking for future emails, you can do so by turning off the images in the email itself.

Ladbrokes is operated by LC International Limited (Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Gibraltar) and licensed (ref 54743) and regulated by the British Gambling Commission for persons gambling in Great Britain. For persons gambling outside Great Britain, Ladbrokes is licensed (ref 010, 012) by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.

This email and any attachments are confidential, and may be legally privileged and protected by copyright. If you are not the intended recipient dissemination or copying of this email is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender by replying by email and then delete the email completely from your system. Any views or opinions are solely those of the sender. This communication is not intended to form a binding contract unless expressly indicated to the contrary and properly authorised. Any actions taken on the basis of this email are at the recipient's own risk.

Copyright © 2020 Ladbrokes

thats telling.

so they must be lying...

Absolutely non of that happened she opened a account by simply entering her married name (all I'd is in her maiden name)

Address,date of birth and email and phone number then added my bank card details and away she went.

No checks at all were made and the name didnt match the bank card (we do not have a joint bank)

They said they done electronic checks and it matched that is also impossible because she is not on the electrol roll and her bank and driver's licence is also in her maiden name.

Yet they are acting like it never happened

It has been two weeks

Have you ever had a Labrokes account in your name ?

Was this actually a Labrokes account or was it another website owned by Labrokes that was purely for slot machine type games ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No this was ladbrokes and yes many many many years ago

I see this wasn't the first time something like this had happened.!!

This if off the gambling commission website they obviously have made no improvements at all since.

What's 5.9 million fine to a company that turns over billions!!

Screenshot_20200122-084237_Samsung Internet.jpg

Can you not get your wife to make a SAR (as suggested by London1971 on pages 1 and 5 of this thread)?

Surely the fact that she can't remember her username and password is irrelevant?  She simply makes a SAR of Ladbrokes asking for details of the transactions she made on such and such a date.  They must(?) hold that information against her name, surely.  They can't say they have no record of the transactions*.

I think you're going to have to go to the Gambling Commission and if you get no satisfaction from them, sue Ladbrokes.  I would still be concerned, however, that either or both of them may initiate some sort of fraud investigation - on the face of it it does look a bit suspicious even if you can establish that your wife lacked the dishonest intent to commit fraud.

I would still want to get legal advice.  Some firms of solicitors will offer 30 minutes of free legal advice which might help you steer in the right direction.  If you live in a university town some Law Departments might offer a similar service.  (But remember, free legal advice may not be as reliable as if you pay for it.

* I hate to say this again, but if your wife did not have to go through the ID process outlined by hello12345 in #127, and if Ladbrokes say they can't trace the account, are you absolutely sure it's gone to Ladbrokes?  Could it have gone somewhere else?  Are you directing your questions to the correct part of the Ladbrokes business?

I don't want to sound rude or condescending but can I ask a few questions, the establishments or the police might ask similar questions.

Was your wife angry with you that night?

Could of it been done deliberately to get back at you?

What's the reason your wife can't get access to her emails anymore?

could she had used your ID instead of her own to register a account?

if it was a [problem] website then you should be able to get your money back from the bank.

• Like 1

I think those are questions worth asking (and that might be asked!). 

I was also going to ask if there's any reason why the wife isn't on the electoral role (#129).

I've also tried hinting that the wife could (just possibly!) have transferred the money elsewhere.

It's a strange situation.

I don't think the bank will be sympathetic - on the face of it the OP authorised the transactions. 

(His wife had his card, she had his 'phone and it appears she must have replied to the message sent by the bank querying the transactions - as I understand it).

Citizens Advice Bureau may be able to advise of any local solicitors who offer free 30 mins legal advice.

Edited by Manxman in exile

Hello,

Too all your questions no no and she can get in the email and got the user name.

It's not in my name and I'd was given for her either 

I have sent numerous emails since yesterday with all the info and I am still waiting for any kid of reply at all

well goto your online email at the ISP's site

and find the mails

they will NOT be deleted there

but my maybe in the deleted items folder.

if this was all done by a mobile phone

then IMAP doesn't delete them on the ISP server.

dx

Mart1980 - is there any reason you didn't have your 'phone with you while you were watching football (I presume down the pub)?

I have a 'phone but it's hardly ever with me, if it is I never answer it, and I don't surf the net on it.  I've noticed, however, that most other people display symptoms of panic and anxiety if separated from their 'phone for more than about 60 seconds.  Why did your wife have it and not you?

It's a very simple answer It,s a tradition me and a few of my long term mates go the pub to watch the football all day on boxing day and on new years day and our number one rule is we don't take our phones.! We don't see each other as we used to with us all leading different lives and having families but that is the one thing we have all promised too do until the day we die.!

So it was quite normal for me not to have my phone and no need to worry about it because xmas and new year is the inky time of the year that I get a complete break from work zero emails zero phone calls.Its the only time in a whole year I completely have a break.

Thanks!  I understand now why you wouldn't want any 'phone interruptions!