BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• So are delivery people making arrangements to bring food and other goods to people in a way that they can't be infected? I'm not being facetious, I may have read something about delivery people being at risk.
    • They will because it's easy to be these days.  Online shopping means you aren't cut off from supplies, people don't need to go out.  You don't even have to cut off contact with people thanks to skype and facetime.
    • Thanks Andy, I need to delve into this a little further to be clear on a few things.   For some reason, I seemed to think the strategy was to ask for mediation on the basis of not being able to make an informed decision (as they haven't submitted the docs I requested).   I also had the view that it was to direct to courts/process rather than communicate/agree directly with Moriarty.   My underlying issue is that I've previously explained my situation to ADCB & their reps, in that I've not worked & what little income I have is taken up by my DMP. I'd be open to discussion to a resolution but they've contradicted themselves several times (or at least their agents have) regarding things like freezing interest or setting up an agreement, instead they want a lump sum. It feels like I've gone in circles so I honestly don't know the best way forward - other than follow the process as you guys have helped with thus far.   I am happy to agree to a stay - if it gives a chance for progress.
    • Hi, I have today received a huge box from Equifinance full of paperwork in response to the SAR. can someone advise as to where I start, it’s quite mind boggling. Thank you
    • Just coming back to this:   The tenancy was contractual - outside the housing act 88 - due to high value.  Not AST.   The contract has a clause that states the Agent is part of TDS scheme.   The TDS advise that in normal circumstances the Agent has 3 months to raise a dispute and pass the deposit over to the TDS for the next stage of mediation/ arbitration.  However, the TDS state that in these circumstances the TA was of too large value and the deposit would not have been covered by their scheme.    That is one query - how can the Agent add a clause saying they are part of the TDS scheme, whilst equally knowing, if there was an dispute, that the scheme doesn't cover the deposit and any dispute?    Secondly, the TA clauses state that the LL has apx 10 days to raise a dispute on any possible deductions to the T.   The T has the next apx 21 days to discuss with LL and his Agent.    Thereafter the Agent will fulfill their duties as deposit stakeholder and return the deposit in full or minus any deductions.   That has not happened.   It is actually almost 3y later.   They are a huge well-known firm, but a local suburb branch.   The LL did some repairs to the property that were never agreed upon by the T or the Agent.  A few thousand pounds worth.  He then sold the property.  In all this time LL has never requested that the Agent send him any funds from the deposit.  To the contrary the T has chased the Agent - not often enough, but T wants the £s back and closure. The Agent is simply sitting on the deposit and suggesting T goes to RICS for advice...  Meanwhile they are sitting on almost 20k deposit - and the TA states the T isn't entitled to any interest!   Just wondering if a well-worded letter to head office will prompt the return of the deposit? The TDS suggest lawyers.  But want to avoid litigation
  • Our picks

ITPR

Offered and accepted position then employer changes job description / shift pattern

I am asking on behalf of a friend regarding a problem they are facing.

She was working in a job on days but it was quite a distance to travel so she sought employment elsewhere for similar hours but more local.

whilst still employed she was interviewed for a job position by a different company but only 5 minutes from their home.

The job she originally went for was not offered but they was given the option of a different position on days with the view on progressing to the position she first went for.

they asked my her how much notice they needed to give, she told them a week, She was told she would then be able to start after the weeks notice.

She had messages stating the new job offered was for days with the possibility for progression within the company.

She was told part of the job meant she would be working every other weekend, she gave them a list of booked holidays and was told that would be fine.

Upon her notice ending she went to the new job to and was given a rota containing 4 days and 4 nights alternating and she was on shift every weekend for the 8 week rota.

Also none of here requested holidays were given.

She questioned this but was asked to continue with training and speak to the manager in a few days after training.

When she went in to see the manager she instead was greeted by the regional manager who was acting manager as the manager had been removed from her position!

The regional manager stated that they only have night shifts available and that this is the only position available (even though they had my friend on 4 days every other week on a rota)

My friend has therefore put her notice in at the request of the new employer, left her old job, was offered a position which after starting found isn't available.

Is there anything she can do, it looks like the only 2 options available is leave the company with no job or just accept what the employer has told her that she has to work nights.

She would not have left her old job and taken up the new position if it was stated nights were only available.

Since starting her new job she has found that a couple of new staff members went for the same position she originally went for. They to was told they were unsuccessful but they had a different position available!

It seems that the company are using the job description to lure people in with the promise of a high paid job, then offering them something different just to try and fill other rolls!

any advice would be greatly recieved

thank you.

just to add the contract she signed was quite basic and stated just 48 hours and the £ per hour.

now the want her to sign a new contract that states working nights

Hi.

How much of this job offer does she have in writing please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

unfortunately they are not here at the moment but as far as i know the original job was for a deputy manager position

the interviewer contacted her around 5 days after the interview said although she was extremely knowledgeable and easily qualified for the job she didn't know enough about the ethos of the company. But the had another position for a nurse, she told the interviewer that that was not what she wanted to do and told them she would have to decline their offer.

for 2 to 3 days the manager contacted her via email / text saying that if the position was for 4 day shifts a week would she reconsider. all these 'offers were in text and emails. She agreed to see the manager who seemed to rush her into signing a contract which she believed to be exactly what was offered via messages.

The paperwork she signed just stated it was a contract for 48 hours with no mention of days or nights. She made clear from the start she didn't want nights, and as the messages before stated they would offer her 4 day shifts a week she saw no reason to question it.

the previous manager did not even send her a job offer letter (just the messages) it all seemed to be rushed as to just get someone to fill a position.

Now they are telling her there are only the night shifts available yet out of the next 8 weeks on a rota they gave her after her training they had her on 4 day shifts every other week. It seems they have offered her one thing, changed it after the training and now yet again they are wanting to change it just to have her working night shifts as they are struggling to employ anyone to work them.

She has shown the regional manager what was offered but all the regional did was apologize but claimed they had nothing else to offer her.

Hi.

That sounds complicated, hopefully our employment experts will be along to advise later.

I've edited some paragraphs into your post. If you could space things out, it will make your posts easier to read for the advisers. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

what are they hoping for? It is my opinion that the contract was sunstantially different to the one negotiated so they can walk away from the job but they cant force the company to create a new position