Backdoor Arrows/drydens CCJ - M&S credit card

duffblade
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello I wondered if anyone could help/advise me on the letter I received this week 

last couple of weeks I've been receiving phone calls from Drydens Fairfax solicitors they have left messages for me to contact them

( I haven't as id never heard of them )

when it last rang a person wanted to talk to me about an issue

when I asked what the issue was they refused to tell me unless I confirmed I was Duffblade

I neither confirmed or denied who I was

as to be honest it sounded dodgy and blocked the number.

I have come home today to find a letter from said solicitors saying the below

Dear duffblade

our client: arrow Global Ltd

acc number:**********

outstanding amount over £4K

we refer to the above matter and the county court judgment entered against you under claim number ******** on 6th October 2017. the amount outstanding is currently ££££ and our records indicate that you have failed to reply the sum owed to out client or contact us to discuss the matter.

blah blah contact us arrange a repayment plan on blah blah

should you fail to make payment or contact this office within 14 days of the date of this letter, enforcement action may be taken against you using one or more of the following methods depending on your circumstances.

1. warrant of control: A bailiff could visit you home to remove the goods to the value of the debt

2. attachment of earnings order: your employer could be ordered by the court to deduct monmies outstanding direct from your salary

3. charging order : if you are a homeowner a charge which would secure the debt against your property could be obtained

the thing is I have no idea what this debt is for or what it is for

ive never signed up to Arrow anything and

I've never received any notification of any County Court hearing

can anyone help me as I must admit this has come as a bit of a shock 

thanks in anticipation

duffblade

drydens quite often send out these letters by mistake

have you checked your credit file?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor Arrows/drydens CCJ

And also check the CCJ Registry Trust to see if you do have a Judgment. (there is a small fee)

https://www.trustonline.org.uk/

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

checked my credit file and have 2 items for arrow global ( one opened in 2007 and another in 2014 along with other cc debts that im aware of)

when I look into the details of the CCJ it lists my old address and also my wifes name as connection

( her ex husband was a bit of a dodgy character and we thought hat he had taken some loans out in her name in the past) so....what do I do now?

Tomorrow ring MCOL Northampton with the claim number they refer to and ask for a copy of the particulars of claim or a copy of the Judgment.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

yep ring northants bulk and ask for a copy of the claimform and the judgement CCJ.

so you obv moved and didnt inform your creditors...opps.

as for the other debts you say your are 'dealing with' 

unless they are mobile or bank od's fire them off a CCA request..who says the debts are enforceable...let's find out.

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

rang Northants and apparently its a M&S account thats has been bought by arrow

they said paperwork was sent to me

but the flats I lived in is not the best for deliveries of post as for the other debts

I've just ignored them until they become an issue and looking at my credit file.

should I do a CCA request  for the Arrow or directly to M&S credit card and in the case this would be under section 78 ? correct?

I was also advised I could if I dispute the credit card debt apply to have it set aside for £255 is this worth doing?

thanks for the help 

Too late to use paperwork wriggle s

You'd need a valid reason to set aside the ccj

And

A defence for why you dont owe the debt.

At present i can see neither.....

• Like 1

and they

the issuance of the ccj trumps any enforceability issues

dx

and they

I've been in the same situation with a backdoor CCJ and exactly the same letter.  I had no choice but to ring them up and come to an affordable payment arrangement. In my case it was 50 pounds per month. Coincidentally it just happens to be my last payment next month, but it took just under 3 years to pay off.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

so unless there's a valid reason im stuck with having to pay the debt ?

do they have to prove I own the debt i.e. show signed proof with my signature etc.as I cant actually remember aver taking it out ( as opposed to the others I have which I am aware of)

Correct.

No need for them to prove anything.  They have got you on this one. 

Best to come to an arrangement on this CCJ and put your energy into making sure any other creditors have your current address.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

One More thing, and it is good news. The CCJ will drop off your Credit file 6 years after it's issue.  So that will be at some point in Oct 2023 for you.  Naturally you still owe the money but it will be invisible to lenders or anybody else.

The fact that it's already 3 years old, might not be a huge barrier if you wanted to obtain a mortgage for example, anyway.

Just make sure you don't receive any more.

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor Arrows/drydens CCJ - M&S credit card