Centrica/CST claimform - Industrial Training Bond ***Claim Discontinued***

BadMojo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

I joined British Gas (Centrica) in 2015, but left in 2017. There was a three year, sliding scale, training bond linked to my employment (they paid me an apprenticeship salary whilst under training, which there was no direct itemized charge for). If I left in first year after qualifying they would ask for £9000, 2nd year £6000 and 3rd year £3000. I was in the 3rd year.

My final wage was reduced to zero as they collected the training bond. I assumed we were all clear as I heard nothing further from BG.

Fast forward to yesterday and I've received a letter from Credit Style Ltd claiming I have an "outstanding balance from previous employment' of just over £2700, with Centrica. I've also received a text message.

I'm looking for advice on how best to proceed. I have no money. I'm in debt and have nothing spare. They have included no detail in the letter. Just that I owe the above.

I don't recall signing any finance agreements when I joined, or anything else for that matter.

There's nothing in my credit file, that I can see, relating to this 'debt'.

Should I respond by letter or call?

Edited by BadMojo

CSL are a powerless DCA

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have

ZERO powers on ANY debt you might have of any type.

their client will be stated as centrica 

if you want to deal with this , do so only in a letter but ignore CSL totally as you should any DCA on any debt.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The requested payments details are the account number and sort code for Credit Style, not Centrica. This suggests they have bought the debt, does it not?

Does that mean they have the power to take it further and take me to court? If so, ignoring won't then be an option will it?

Edited by BadMojo

no just means they'll take a cut before passing the rest on.

the letter says our client ...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it doesnt suggest that at all, it suggests that they are going to keep a percentage as a collection fee if you pay up.

Also the amount they are asking for seems suspect as that suggests that you were earning £300 a month before tax when you left which would be impossible in 2017 as the MW would be about £1100 a month.

That suggests that these bandits have added an unlawful amount to the debt they were asked to collect for good measure, no wonder they want you to pay them ad  not BG, they trouser about an extra grand that way

The reasons I said it 'suggest that..' was that that pearl of wisdom was written on another website offering help on debt matters.😔

Theletter starts with 'Our Client: Centrica PLC' and the main body of the letter begins, 'We have been asked to contact you by Centrica PLC...'

I was working on the assumption Centrica have added some interest over the last two years and now Credit Style have possibly added their fees too. Are either of those scenarios permissable?

I guess the only way to find out would be to contact them and ask for proof the debt is mine, with a breakdown.

Edited by BadMojo

only deal with centrica 

but I suspect in all effect there is very little they can do to you.

they certainly don't take people to court over it.

IMHO i'd ignore it

just ensure they have your correct address.

have you moved since then?

and they

Ignore then

and they

And if they ring, laugh and hang up, keep a diary of events regarding the unsolicited calls with a view of reporting them to Ofcom for misuse of their network.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

what is worrying you??

dx

and they

but what can they do?

dx

and they

That's the problem; what can they do? Start court proceedings, with all the issues that go with it? Effect my credit file? And making it worse by not acting on it? It's stress and worry.

Interesting reading about it when it's someone else; just a little different when it's you. 😲

But coming here to discuss it is helping. 👍

'they' can't do anything.

and they

I received another letter today. Tone slightly more forceful. Claiming they don't want the matter to escalate.

I appreciate I may well be going over ground that's been covered before in this forum, so if there are any links to information about what they can and can't do I'm keen to read up.

My worry is they keep pushing it, either because they've bought the debt and want to add fees, etc and do what they can to make me pay; or act at the bequest of Centrica and go all the way to court etc. You see TV shows about debts growing  ten-fold because people bury their head in the sand and ignore letters they shouldn't.

Edited by BadMojo

the letter says our client...

and they

12 hours ago, BadMojo said:

. You see TV shows about debts growing  ten-fold because people bury their head in the sand and ignore letters they shouldn't.

Stop watching Channel 5.

Ignore it, just make sure they have your correct address.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

the bailiffs act when a creditor has secured a court claim, the debtor hasnt paid and the matter has been transferred to the high court for enforcement and the debtor still hasnt paid.

the writers of these letters have no LOCUS STANDI, they are meely rentathreats and hope that you misread their taradiddles and jump to the conclusion that you have.

By the way you owe me £100 for this advice and I will send you another snotty letter if you dont pay.

What can I do after that? NOTHING

Is the importance of them having my correct address so that I receive any letters regarding court action, if it were to be taken? I've learnt a few of my old colleagues that left just after me have also received letters, but one hasn't as he's moved house twice. He's working on the assumption, 'If they can't find me I'll be alright'.

wrong move!!

never run from any debt 

always inform the owner ….of any move

that goes for consumer credit debt too.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Another letter arrived today advising me that as they've heard nothing from me they're now considering passing the matter into their solicitors for a CCJ review. And if legal action is taken, costs and fees may be added to the amount they claim I owe.

who from?

and they