Faulty Dell laptop back from repair with more faults - ***Solved***

aj84
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I did just that!

Just got a call... picking system up this week and issuing a full refund!

I actually did offer to take a reduced refund (stupidly?) as I appreciate the first year it has been used.  He said Dell policy is 10-15% reduction per year so it would be around 20% in total which I said I am happy about however he said due to the issues faced and what not, they would not allow that and only a full refund is on the table.

I didn't argue any longer!

Just waiting for confirmation via email of what was said.

Very good. A tentative well done.

Keep us updated.

Hit post/submit too early but yes excellent result!

I have now had the email confirming what was said too :)

Thank you for all your help on this - I can be very harsh/keyboard warrior but your responses make mine look like childs talk so I can only say a lot of the type of language/wording/aggressiveness you used for me to send back to them is what ultimately got me a cracking result.

• Thanks 1

Thank you. It's a great shame that it has to be that way – but these companies are completely lacking in empathy. If the same thing happened to the individuals who are making the decisions up to now, they would be screaming for better treatment and they were probably on this forum asking for advice.

At least somebody sensible has managed to stop the problem with Dell escalating. Had it been Currys, you would definitely have had to issue legal proceedings and maybe find yourself on the steps of the court before they backed down.

I'm very disappointed that you don't have a call recorder or some means of recording calls in place. I think you should sort this out.  Read our customer services guide

• BankFodder changed the title to Faulty Dell laptop back from repair with more faults - ***Solved***

Interesting you say that - I have always had a call recorder in place on my phone but since the S10 was released, it's not played ball with any of the recording apps available.  At best, if the caller is loud enough, it records but you are right, I might need to look at an external device in future.

If I'm at home, calls get routed via the laptop so it can record but when mobile it only seems to pick up my voice and in the car you can forget it altogether as it goes via BT which it can't pick up

I use an S9 and it is certainly the case that the Automatic Call Recorder which I've been using on several phones for a number of years seems to be less effective on this one. However, when I realise that a recorded conversation is important, then I export it and normalise it using an audio editing software package. That works very well. It only takes a few minutes

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update - I had more issues with Dell but it is now finally resolved I am pleased to say.

It was more relating to the refund that was issued on the 20th.  Apparently due to a technical fault, it was returned to Dell - Amex deny any issues their end and given the issues, I trust them more than Dell!

It was re-issued on the 28th but still no show.  I decided enough was enough and advised them I'll just resume the SCC case and suddenly I get a phonecall straight away trying to resolve with a BACS transfer.

Fast forward yesterday, the 28th payment does now indeed show up as being refunded to Amex.  

I have the fun task of now getting Amex to shift that money into my bank account because the credit card is now in positive balance but they're sorting that out.

So now there is closure :)  Thanks again for all your help and donation on way too!

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much indeed for updating us. I'm very pleased that it is sorted out for you – and thanks in advance for the donation!