• Tweets

• deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx Yes sorry. they called it a deed at first in court.  Then Judge said she was happy to have it sealed as something else  exact names of orders in message above.     The disease was tested for when his cardiac testing was done immediately after purchase and part of the now sealed case.   However, results were disclosed incorrectly and I only found out  two days ago.   This disease did not form part of my knowledge during the case as I had been informed of a normal result that was not the case.   it is perfect clarity of a genetic disease where as the previous cardiac issue could be congenital until the pup is genetically tested. 
    • Hi, Halifax recently sold a credit card account of mine to Cabot. I am unemployed and have no assets and was thinking of making token £1 payments for 12-18 months in order to drag things out a bit and reduce the chance of Cabot being able to get the correct CCA documents from Halifax if I requested them in future. However, I saw on the pages on this forum about defending county court claims that one of the standard approaches when defending such claims is to say “I had an account with bank X, but I don’t remember the details and so don’t know if I owe this debt…”. If I made £1 payments to Cabot, would it prevent me from using such a defence in future? OC: Halifax DC: Cabot/Wescot Card account opened: 2016 Defaulted: 2023
    • Paperwork says sealed consent order and composite settlement agreement      YES  ADDISONS DISEASE 
    • Hi, This may be the wrong place for a thread BUT If you receive a defence, can you send a CPR 31.14 request for document mentioned in the defence, and then apply to proceed with the case only after (14) days passed or they respond OR is it only if you receive a claim I see @dx100uk thread is for when you receive a claim, but can you also do the same when you receive a defence?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Soccersixes issues

Flash2008
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Can anyone advise whether this 6 a side league can pursue me for not attending matches?

A month ago I told them I wanted to withdraw my team from the league, but they wouldn’t let me as I informed them with 1 week left of season rather than 2.

They said I have to wait until they find a replacement (which they aren’t going to do since I’m paying every week) or wait until the end of the season which is in May!

Now I can’t get a team of 6 people every week I want to just pull out the league immediately.

Every week I miss now until May they will try charge me £20-30, or they will threaten legal action.

Here is a link to the T&C's https://www.soccersixes.net/terms 

Any advice??
Thanks!

please monitor this thread for a fullrr reply later but also you should search this forum for this company. It's a long time since we have had complaints about them but we were certainly getting loads of them before. Your situation is not new

you'll get lots of powerless threats and poss a dca or two whom are powerless totally

not one example of these soccer lots ever doing court

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Flash and welcome to CAG

Let them threaten all they like. They haven't taken court action in any case we've seen here over many years.

You say you gave notice to quit a month ago which they refused as this was 1 week before the end of the season, not 2.

Then you say you'll have to pay to the end of the season in May.

Can you clarify this for us please ?

Did you sign any document or agree on a computer system to their T&C's ?

When did you join the league ?

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi all,

Thanks for the help so far.

Yes slick132, I notified them with 1 week to go of the season, but as T&C's state that you need to give 2 weeks notice, they would not let me leave and auto signed me up to another season.

Because I have been signed up, they say that I have to play every game until May, or otherwise be liable to a £20 cancellation fee for each match I miss until the season ends in May.

I did tick a box which said I agreed to the T&C's, so that's why I'm not sure how serious they will take it if I just refuse to play and pay etc. I joined the league in July 2019 - so we've played 3 seasons now.

I wish I'd read their reviews before signing up!

Just follow the advice given above and read the threads and don't worry.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/search/?&q=soccer sixes&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

3 hours ago, dx100uk said:

you'll get lots of powerless threats and poss a dca or two whom are powerless totally

not one example of these soccer lots ever doing court

dx

DCA

I'm thinking about just not turning up to games and then ignoring the inevitable court letters and threats I get down the line.

DCA equals debt collection agency

There is no doubt that you will get threats and you will be harassed by correspondence – but keep us updated as to everything.

The best that they are entitled to our a reimbursement of their administrative expenses if any have been caused by you. They are not entitled to make profits on the basis of some perceived breach by you

sorry but they had no remit to sign you up for a further season, you cancelled all be it 1 week later than their T&C, which effectively mean nothing and can be challenged.

you don't owe anyone anything, let alone unlawful admin fees for a service you cancelled.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The others might give you slightly different advice – but I would suggest one single letter in a very assertive style telling them that you have given them notice, you don't intend to enter into any further correspondence and if they want to begin a county court action then you will be defending it vigourously.

After that ignore everything.

Yes, I agree with DX and BF.

They had no right to insist that you sign up for another full season, simply because you gave  only one week's notice before the season ended.

1. When did you tell them you wanted to cancel (exact or approx date).

2. How much have you paid them since you gave notice to cancel.

3. Have you paid them by cash, Debit Card or by DD via your bank.

When you reply to the above points, I'll suggest a letter for you to send by post to S6.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

9 hours ago, slick132 said:

Yes, I agree with DX and BF.

They had no right to insist that you sign up for another full season, simply because you gave  only one week's notice before the season ended.

1. When did you tell them you wanted to cancel (exact or approx date).

2. How much have you paid them since you gave notice to cancel.

3. Have you paid them by cash, Debit Card or by DD via your bank.

When you reply to the above points, I'll suggest a letter for you to send by post to S6.

1. I informed the league manager on 03/12/19 and he told me to put my notice in writing to their email address, which I did the same day.

2. We've had 3 games since I informed them so we've paid £90 in match fees (3 x £30).

3. All payment is done at the start of every match in cash, so they do not have any card details etc for me.

Thanks for your help!

Why are the payments made in cash? Is this what they insist upon? Do they give you receipts?

5 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Why are the payments made in cash? Is this what they insist upon? Do they give you receipts?

Payments are just made in cash to the match referee before every game, who I presume then passes it onto the company.

No receipts

Well the cash payments could be explained cash but the lack of receipts is not acceptable. I wonder if we have discovered an Achilles heel.

I think you should write to them and asked them for receipts for all payments that have been made. Also if you know any other places on the Internet where this company is activities have come in question, maybe you could put the word out that there is a thread going here which people might want to join. Ask people whether they also have been paying cash and whether they have received receipts.

You have an answer my question as to whether they insist on cash. Have you tried to pay by other means? Is it written somewhere that they have to be cash payments?

I suppose the referees paid. I wonder whether the referee passes the entire sum to the company or simply an agreed portion and the rest is his/her payment for the match

How much have you paid them over the period of your involvement with this company?

8 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

How much have you paid them over the period of your involvement with this company?

They don't specifically ask for cash, but as the fee has to be paid to the referee prior to the game at the football pitch there is no possible way to pay by any other method.

In total we've had roughly 30 games, so we must have paid about £900 I would estimate.

Okay, well you want invoices – VAT invoices for the lot

Hi Flash,

1. Are you saying you gave notice to cancel in 3/12/19 but they want you to pay through to May  2020.

2. How long is a "season" please as I thought it would be a 12 month period.

3. You've paid £90 in match fees when you've played but have you had to pay any other amount when matched have NOT been paid.

We can ask for VAT invoices for the payt's made as part of the letter

Hi Slick

1. Yes that's right, notice given 03/12/2019 but they want me to play through til May 2020 or until they find a replacement. They say they are actively looking but I know there are many other teams who seem to have dropped out recently, so even if they do I don't think I'd be first in the queue.

2. Seasons usually last about 3/4 months, this one runs until May.

3. The £90, and every bit of money I have paid so far is all match fees. I have never missed or cancelled a game since joining the league - attending every one of approx 30 matches.

Would you ask for VAT because you think they won't be paying any since I have been paying in cash?

I have no idea what the situation is with their payments are what they do with their cash. However, it seems mysterious to me that they don't give you receipts and I would definitely demand receipts. You are entitled to do so and I would send them a letter immediately and make it clear to them that you want receipts for all money paid.

Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if this brought them shuddering to a halt.

Also as I've already suggested, I suggest that you go around the Internet because I'm sure that this company has been discussed elsewhere and find out if people are getting receipts for the money – and if not I should start raising as an issue. I think you need to bring the battle to them and this is a good way to start. You might also want to place Google reviews and also trustpilot reviews and in those reviews mentioned that you have been paying a sum of money in cash to the referee for every game and you never received a receipt despite the fact that it all now amounts to a sizeable sum.

Thanks, I will have a look and see if I can find anything on other forums about receipts.

How about something like this?:

To whom it may concern.

I am writing to formally inform Soccersixes that my team, ....,  will no longer be attending matches on Monday nights as part of the Ashington League.

On 03rd December 2019 I gave notice that my team would not be participating in the following season but was told that I had not given enough notice and was automatically entered into the following season. This I dispute, as Soccersixes had no right to insist that I must sign up for another full season, simply because I gave only one week's notice before the season ended.

In addition, I am not happy that for each of the £30 match fee payments, I have not received any receipts. I estimate that my team has played 25-30 matches which would total up to £900. I am requesting that you send receipts and VAT invoices for each £30 match fee I have paid since July 2019.

Furthermore, given the five weeks notice I have now give, it would not be reasonable or fair to demand a £20 cancellation fee for every game until May. I will therefore vigorously dispute any action you begin to take against me and my team.

Please send the receipts and VAT invoices to the following address:

Frankly I would make it much more abrupt

This is to confirm the information I gave you on 3 December 2019 that my team will not be participating in the following season.

I have nothing further to add to this.

Additionally, since I have been involved with Soccersixes, I calculate that I have paid around £900 in cash payments to your referee. I realise now that I have received no paperwork on this.

Please will you provide me with receipts – including VAT invoices for the payments. If you are VAT exempt then please confirm.

Yours sincerely

I wouldn't get into any further justification or explanation or question as to fairness et cetera. You state your position above, you asked for the receipts – the ball is in their court.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all just an update.

I sent the letter on 07/01/2020 and the league manager is saying they have not received it (rubbish as I sent it first class to their address on website).

I have since received my first letter stating I owe for the missed game on Monday (£30). It also states that if I want to leave the league now it will cost £510 for the rest of the season. Just going to ignore.

I've therefore sent a copy of the letter to their official email address plus 2 other email addresses I found on the website to make sure they get it.

Will keep you posted