Packlink and eBay

Rlm13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am a small business seller on ebay.

i started using packlink, a courier broker, via eBay in October 2019.

I received two out of tariff charges in December for items sent 4 weeks prior.

money was just taken out of my PayPal account.

One item did not exist as number provided by packlink was made up.

Since then I have read terms and can see they can charge up to £70 extra per item up to a year after item sent.

Packlink are based in Spain and only have email which they do not respond to or live chat which just tells you to email.

I am in fear they will charge me £100s of out of tariff charges without contact me first.

Seems to be a huge problem with many other eBay sellers.

Parcels were sent by ups but when the out of tariff charges queried with ups there were no extra charges so Pack link are pocketing the surcharge, although blaming it on UPS.

They provide no proof for surcharge.

I have cancelled my PayPal access and eBay contract with Pack link and will never use them again.

Can they chase me for further surcharges?

They have not replied to any of my emails.

EBay community forum and trusting are full of similar complaints.

I am very concerned.

Any advice please?

Thanks

remove all payment methods and phone your bank and tell them NOT to honour ANY payments to ebay/PP of any kind.

don't worry about any dca's etc etc PP cant do nothing to you.

if packlink have gotten money for fees out of your bank reverse the charges using the DD guarantee or chargeback to your bank where necessary.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I only signed up for automatic payments through paypal, not my bank, and have since cancelled this agreement.

I am just concerned that if they try and surcharge for more parcels ( I sent lots in December before realising how untrustworthy Pack link are) and can't access funds that they will try and chase me for money?

Thanks

stuff and all they can do.

they are not in the UK.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

2 hours ago, dx100uk said:

remove all payment methods and phone your bank and tell them NOT to honour ANY payments to ebay/PP of any kind.

don't worry about any dca's etc etc PP cant do nothing to you.

if packlink have gotten money for fees out of your bank reverse the charges using the DD guarantee or chargeback to your bank where necessary.

dx

Just to add that you should do this in writing and if you make any phone calls in respect of this you must have read our customer services guide first and implemented the advice there.

These steps are essential

To PayPal, probably not

This is the norm for Packlink, avoid like the plague. Read half of their TrustPilot reviews.

Remove automatic billing and call PayPal as there have been some people that have removed the auto billing but charges still getting applied, tell PayPal under no circumstances allow your account to be charged by these lot.

As @BankFodder says any charges get reversed, most people are just opening paypal cases in first instance, this may lead to them having their accounts restricted.

People have called UPS to confirm the charges only to be told either there was a charge for a few quid or no charge at all, Packlink make up the £40+VAT and say it is what UPS charges.

Packlink also show smaller dimensions when creating a shipment than it would if you went direct to the courier.

Hopefully eBay stop using their services soon.

• Like 1