CEL ANPR PCN - Pizza Hut 5 Castle Bridge Rd Notts NG7 1DX

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 24thJuly 2019 we visited Pizza Hut Castle Marina Nottingham in a party of two cars. We have both received the same letters. 

The signs in the carpark said it was for Pizza Customers only (which we were) and Pizza Hut to register the vehicle. None of the staff in the restaurant asked for our car registration, only for our order. 

We both received a Penalty charge notice and we contacted Pizza Hut.  I was told that it had just come into force and usually they asked customers but on this occasion they had forgotten. We were told that there was a notice on the toilet door telling people to register but as we did not use the toilet it was not seen.

We obtained a receipt from Pizza Hut to prove that we used their restaurant and showed the times we were there. We were in the restaurant the whole time that we were parked there. 

We appealed to Civill Enforcement Ltd against the Penalty charge including the receipt as prove that we were customers. They refused the appeal, replying to us saying that we could appeal to POPLA but not the Ombudsman Services as they would not recognise that. Also if the appeal went against us we would then be charged £100 instead of £60. 

We felt that had conformed with the terms of the signage we appealed to POPLA who also rejected the appeal even though they had photos of the signs which said as I stated above.

Following that rejection we both wrote to Civil Enforcement Limited reiterating that the Penalty Charge is valid and stated our reasons. They said they were not going to correspond with us any more and would be getting a Collection Agency to recover the Penalty Charge.

We received a letter from Civil Enforcement Ltd dated 30th December stating that we have 14 days to pay or we will instruct a third party collection agents and costs will esculate. 

I have attached the letter dated 30th December and the Pizza Hut Notice displayed in the carpark. As we have complied with the notice and neglect is from Pizza Hut I dont feel that we should have to pay a penalty.

Can anyone advise please urgently. As this letter was dated 30th December we do not have long to respond to them.

Kind Regards

I hope it doesn't say penalty charge notice?
as they can't issue a penalty ..it's not a fine but a speculative invoice.

I've taken down you pictures post directly to screen as you'd forgotten to redact them

please read upload and use PDF

please complete this:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have you any evidence of the conversation you had with the pizza place about the fact that they failed to ask for your registration because the system was new?

and the link when you get 5 mins please

you've appealed now and sadly shot yourself in the foot and identified yourself as the driver.

next time don't appeal.

can we have the original NTK up too both sides

best to ignore them now and see if they are bold enough to send a letter of claim from one of their favourite fake/tame paperwork only solicitors.

just remember a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have ZERO legal powers on ANY debt.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to CEL ANPR PCN - Pizza Hut 5 Castle Bridge Rd Notts NG7 1DX

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 24/07/19

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

[scan up BOTHSIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] 29/07/19

3 Date received

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Y

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Y

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Y

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Y

7 Who is the parking company?Civil Enforcement Ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Pizza Hut, Castle Marina Nottingham

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. POPLA

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

copy the windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions...

……....

in either case scan up bothsides of any letters/tickets in or appeals made out to ONE MULTIPAGE PDF ONLY

might be wise to remove the PCN number from the upload

I've hidden it.

as with most of these retail centres I doubt the council ever limited free parking to a 1hrs? restriction in the original planning consent...

and no stupid private parking company nor retailer can dictate anything different.....

cel have run this as you sadly let the cat out the bag by using the word penalty charge notice and fine in your appeal so thought you'd be a soft touch by threatening powerless DCA's too as you obviously didn't have a clue what you were dealing with.

you owe no-one anything.

and they

You come across as a reasonable, honest person, who has tried to sort this out in a reasonable, honest way - and indeed you would have succeeded with a reasonable, honest company.  Unfortunately CEL are a bunch of sharks, like most PPCs.

While now ignoring CEL, how about giving Pizza Hut both barrels?  It's their fault you're in this mess (better if you can remember date of conversation), and they have admitted as such.  I think you should write formally to the branch manager demanding he/she get CEL to cancel, point out how many customers they will lose acting like they have, that they will be added as a third party to any court action, etc.  If you get no joy - area manager level.  In case of further inaction - CEO level.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

go embarrass the be-jesus out of them on their twitter and facebook portals

#i got fined by pizza Hut in bridge St Notts £160 for takin too long to eat my pizza!!

yea it's not a fine, but they probably know no diff like 99% of the population

and they

These PPC's set ludicrously low time allowances at sites like a Pizza Hut expressly to catch people who don't wolf their food down in 10 minutes flat, the times are not conductive to enjoying even eating fast food, taking time to order, get it and eat it into account.

As mentioned bet the original Planning Permission was on the premise of Free parking for 3 hours.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Yes, have a go at Pizza Hut via their online media accounts llike facebook etc.

Go after head office rather than the outlet as the local people often dotn have a say in who does what as far as car parks go.

also check to see if the car aprk is PH's anyway or belongs to a bigger retail park.

If they are just a cog in the machine then get the local paper involved if possible and the developer will at least know that their tenants arent happy their customers are going to stay away because of CEL's greed

• 2 years later...

Any update on this Sooty?

We have someone new being hassled for parking here and any info on your case would be very welcome.