@SwintonGroup - deny deny deny - Insurance Mistake - ***Won***

Foxy100474
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

2 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Yes. Well done. I'm afraid I wouldn't leave it there. They've caused you extreme amount of distress and difficulty and I would be putting in a claim for compensation.

I would have thought getting a gesture of goodwill out them will be child's play – and pushing the figure up won't be extremely difficult.

I would propose that you get them to focus by beginning an ombudsman claim on the basis of their admission. I believe that for them, every ombudsman claim which is made against them – they have to pay £400 to the ombudsman service. Somebody can correct me on this.

first 3 free and £550 after that i think it still is. 

great result. 

• Thanks 1

Well I can't imagine that Swinton's haven't used up their first three free lives.

• BankFodder changed the title to @SwintonGroup - deny deny deny - Insurance Mistake - ***Won***

So now a update on my complaint, yesterday I received a letter from Swinton full of apologise it stated that the letter was there final response and said that they would be sending me a cheque in the next 7-10 days for £250. 

Personally I don’t really think that covers the stress caused by their initial decision and delay and not including the fact that my wife especially has suffered with some back complaints since the accident and the delay in getting the doctor/physio involved by Swinton to address this. 

I’d like to know what your views are in this matter please,

am I asking to much to expect more or does that seem about the norm??

£250 is the max compensation offered by Insurers complaints processes.  No point going to FOS,  You would only get more if you took Swinton to Court and you could quantify any additional amount.  

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes, unfortunately £250 isn't a bad deal.

I would suggest that once you have received the money, that you send them an SAR just to see what they have got on file about you.