You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

ats101

Notice of debt recovery OVER 5 YEARS after date of event

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 191 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all, 

This forum is very informative.

I wonder if you can give me advice for the following fine I received.

I will give you a background story too.

A few years ago during a uni, I went through a phase where I got multiple private parking tickets,

one of the times was when there was a couple feet of snow an I couldn't move my car.

I got sick and tired of this.

I decided not to pay my fines because online there are sources which state that they won't chase you.

I was so naive back then and I ended up racking many parking tickets.

As you can imagine, I got a number of CCJs that I ignored.

As I said, I was naive and didn't have any idea that it would ultimately give me a bad credit rating - which it has.

Since realizing,  I have basically given in to paying all fines and my CCJs will clear in 2 years. 

There have been 2 or 3 parking fines that I have paid already that have come 4 years later and this one has come back 5 years later.

I want to know whether I should fight this given that I am unable to recall this incident and they have not given me photographic proof. 

How should I proceed? Your advice is appreciated. 

Hello and welcome to CAG.

If it's a debt recovery letter we almost always say to ignore it. That bit about Channel5 looks designed to scare you into thinking DCBL are acting in another capacity which they wouldn't on a private parking charge.

Please wait for the experts but that's how I see it.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

images/posts removed
please do not post jpg picture images directly to a post
read upload and redact in jpg then convert using on of the listed websites there to convert to one multipage pdf only

that way only logged-in,registered and approved caggers are the only ones that can download and see them
else anyone can see them caggers or not

………..

where does any of the paperwork or CCJ's state they are FINES?

you cant get a CCJ for a parking FINE, 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Ok my bad,

Let me upload it the correct way. 

Also, I regards to my terminology, this debt recovery notice most likely originated from a Parking Charge Notice 5 years ago.

As I originally said, I have had many parking change notices that have  accumulated to a CCJ.

removed

you must redact things properly.

carefully read Upload guide.

have you moved since getting this speculative invoice

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.