Auxillis advice needed after bad repair and car left cover in damp and mold

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a accident back in September non fault .
I call hastings and in the end I had to move my own car to a safe parking place .
Hastings sent me to auxillis so I signed a contract.
Two days later my cars collected.

By Msc repairs southall.

Then my car came back chrome all bent door not aligned stonechip where there was none before roof looked out of line.
So I sent it back called hastings and auxillis told them I did not want the garage touching my car .
And auxillis arrange for acorn to do a inspection.

Then the day before the inspection I get a call from the garage stating they had fixed the bad repairs and was returning the car.
Even after being told not to they did work and Tryed to cover up the bad workmanship.
I said you was told not to touch my car why have you done any work on it and no I won't be collecting the car.
But still the inspection went ahead.

So its arranged for acorn assessors to do a inspection I attend with my friend the bloke does the measurements on the panel and the filler is all wrong .
20 minutes after we leave the inspector calls and states he's took the measurements again and they are fine.
He changed them after we left without us witnessing it.

So I call hastings and auxillis and say Hows that happen the whole point was for me to witness it.
And am told that's been scrapped and we will arrange another one by auxillis through hastings.
That was 31 of October.

So i started a complaint through hastings about auxillis .
Then 24 hours later I had been driving since 7am it was 9.39am I get a call from auxillis stating I am not insured in the hire car .
Basically been uninsured without knowing it since I complained.
I call hastings and get insured .

But for 24 hours from the day I complained I was not insured to drive that car .
The car was insured but I was not.

Auxillis said that they would have sorted it with the police if I had been stopped.

Now hastings hide behind the well you signed the contract. Yes I did but only because hastings sent me there.
One of the hastings employees told me that they was ending the contract with auxillis because of complaints and bad workmanship.

So hastings sent me there knowing they would be gone at the end of the month and let me sign the contract.
Lucky I record my calls and referred them to the date and time he said it.

So then after 2 months we get a date and a time of between 1.40pm and 3.40pm so I arrange for a engineer to do a inspection at the same time .
9.30 am I get a call saying I am a hour away from the garage  from there engineer .
Hour and a half later he's at the garage .

Well I had arranged it for 1.40 to 3.40 pm and could not get there before nor get the engineer there .
So I cancelled my engineer.

Then without any contact they arrange it for 8am xmas eve .
I spent all the day before on the phone to hastings and they called auxillis who stated no its going ahead and you need to collect your car and return the hire car .
And they were using the 1st inspection report even through we had not witnessed it and was told it was scrapped.
Then on the morning I call hastings to find out why I have to collect it on my policy it says collection and delivery.
Only for auxillis to say to hastings they had cancelled it so I could be there with my engineer.
And that it would be re booked.

They booked it without my knowledge on a day the garage was closed.

I called the garage and it was closed .
That's why it was changed no other reason.

So then they are nice as pie and we arrange it for the 2nd of Jan .
I get there meet the inspector from there side and he tells me my cars not at the garage but in a yard down the rd.
So we follow a driver he opens the yard we go to my car he starts the inspection.
Takes photos opens the door sits down trys to start it the lights go mad and the battery is flat.
Then he says you seen this.

My whole car interior is soaking wet and covered in damp and mold the windows are like the inside of a glasshouse running with water .
Roof liner seat belts leather seats carpets all moldy .

I never got to look in the boot so don't know what that's like.

The inspection carrys on and the measurements the other inspector changed were wrong and the work was not done properly.
So the inspector from acorn changed his measurements after I left to say the car was fine.
The second inspector measurements proved the work was bad.
Auxillis left me driving a hire car uninsured for 24 hours.

Auxillis Tryed to do the inspection without contacting me to arrange a date and that I had to accept it even if I was not there collect my car and return the hire car.
All before they had the written report.

Basically keeping me and my engineer from the inspection.
I had arranged my own engineer to be there when theirs was because of what happened with the first one.
It only changed because they failed to ask the garage if it was open.

Then the inspection on the 2nd proved that the work was bad and needed redoing.
He wants it watertested the filler redone and the mold addressed.

Just need some advice my cars covered in mold the repair is bad and I am worried about auxillis because of the way it's been dealt with so far.
Thanks

Hello and welcome to CAG. People should be along to advise over the course of the day.

I've tried to put some spacing into your post to make it easier for the advisers to read. It's a long story, so could you give us an idea of what you would like to happen please?

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Just some advise I have a complaint lodged with auxillis and I am waiting on a final response. But I tryed to add to the complaint and they have failed to call back yet again. And that's before the damp and the inspection they arranged without contacting me..

Hasting basically said at the start pay my excess or use auxillis . I was not told the third party's details at all. Lucky I record all my calls so I can refer to the date time and person so they can check the calls.

You say that you record your calls. Well done on this – but have you got all of these calls recorded or just some of them. If you have got all of them recorded including your calls to Auxillis then that will be very helpful.

Your story is rather garbled so I'm going to try and summarise it.

You are insured through Hastings and you had an accident – not at fault.
Hastings designated a company called Auxillis to undertake the repairs and you were obliged to sign a contract with them.
Auxillis seem to have bungled the repairs and cause further damage which by and large has not been repaired.
At some point you supplied a hire vehicle by Auxillis and it turns out that that vehicle was not insured and you were driving uninsured for a day.

You have said at several points that the vehicle need to be inspected by your own witness – but it isn't clear if somebody is disputing your position as to the condition of the vehicle before it was damaged in the accident.

I'm not sure that there is much else to say about your story. Maybe you could confirm – but please avoid excessive narrative as it simply gets in the way.

Your position now is that you want the vehicle properly repaired and returned to its preaccident condition – which of course you would be entitled to under the terms of the insurance.

You don't know who the third party is.

In addition to confirming the story or filling in any missing bits – in short form please – can you tell us a little bit about how the accident occurred, what is the vehicle, its value, make model mileage – all the kinds of things that I would have expected you to post up at the beginning.

What would be the cost of repairs?
Where is the vehicle now? Can it be inspected independently so that you can get independent assessment of the cost of putting it right.

That lot will do for starters

Thanks for the reply. .

I was hit by a coach on the drivers side rear wheel and panel .

He over shot his lane on shepherds bush green .

On the 24 of September 2019

My car is a vw eos 2010 about 80.000 on the clock. 

Insurance value was £5500.00 when I insured it this year.

All my calls are recorded and I have saved them as well.

After the acorn inspector changed the measurements once we had left .

I decided to bring a engineer of my own along with the one they was sending.

I made hastings and auxillis fully aware of this.

I had a friend witness the 1st inspection and thought safer to have someone who knows about it there instead.

The hire car issue came about because when the car was delivered on a flat back with the bad work I sent it back.

Called auxillis and hastings and was told keep the hire car .

Then when I started my complaint about the inspection and auxillis the same day I was not insured till 10.30am the following day.

I have had the hire car since the day they collected my car.

Sorry the garage still have the car parked in a yard away from the garage.

I have someone from nationwide who will do a inspection if and when I need it

Tech reports have sent the report to auxillis but auxillis say they don't have it and it takes a week to get it.

Again I have both tech reports and auxillis calls recorded.

So I am waiting on a answer from them.

What is the contract you signed with Auxillis? I don't understand why you had to sign a contract with them. Your contract is with Hastings. If they sent the workout to Auxillis then that is their problem and the contract is between Hastings and Auxillis. This suddenly sounds a bit dodgy to me. Somebody is trying to pass liability onto someone else.

Tell us more about the contract. Post a copy up in PDF format – scanned

You should redact your documents for a identifiers before you post them up. I've hidden the thread. Please will you redact and repost

I'm trying to get my head around this all and I'm finding it very puzzling.

You are insured by Hastings – and for some reason rather they have passed you over to Auxillis who have persuaded you to sign contracts with them. What have Auxillis got to do with it? What is their role? And frankly why have you signed any contracts with them at all?

It seems to me that the responsibility for everything lies squarely with Hastings. In fact the responsibility lies squarely with the coach driver and in the first instance you would be chasing the coach driver – although if you are fully comprehensive then Hastings will be doing that for you. However, the chain of causation has been interrupted because according to you, Auxillis or the repairer that they instructed further damage your car and of course the coach driver can't be held liable for that.

However, as it was Hasting who selected Auxillis to carry out whatever role they have (and I really don't understand) then as far as I can see it is all down to Hasting. Hastings may be trying to distance themselves from responsibilities by contracting work out to 3rd parties – but at the end of the day the responsibility stays with them. It's a bit like going to Currys, buying a Lenovo computer which breaks down and then Currys trying to farm you off to Lenovo. The responsibility stays with Currys – whether they like it or not (and usually they don't).

21 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

I'm trying to get my head around this all and I'm finding it very puzzling.

You are insured by Hastings – and for some reason rather they have passed you over to Auxillis who have persuaded you to sign contracts with them. What have Auxillis got to do with it? What is their role? And frankly why have you signed any contracts with them at all?

It seems to me that the responsibility for everything lies squarely with Hastings. In fact the responsibility lies squarely with the coach driver and in the first instance you would be chasing the coach driver – although if you are fully comprehensive then Hastings will be doing that for you. However, the chain of causation has been interrupted because according to you, Auxillis or the repairer that they instructed further damage your car and of course the coach driver can't be held liable for that.

However, as it was Hasting who selected Auxillis to carry out whatever role they have (and I really don't understand) then as far as I can see it is all down to Hasting. Hastings may be trying to distance themselves from responsibilities by contracting work out to 3rd parties – but at the end of the day the responsibility stays with them. It's a bit like going to Currys, buying a Lenovo computer which breaks down and then Currys trying to farm you off to Lenovo. The responsibility stays with Currys – whether they like it or not (and usually they don't).

Hastings told me when it happened I have two choices pay my excess or use auxillis .

Auxillis are a credit company that hastings was using but ended the contract in October 2019.

Auxillis would not collect my car or surply a car till the contract was signed

I only signed the contract because hastings sent me there I trusted hastings and that was a mistake.

They knew they was no good but still sent myself and god know how many others to them 

And who is it who actually undertook the repair and damage the car. I'm still not quite clear as to what the details of the damage caused by them were.

Maybe you could list out very briefly – minimum narrative please – damage caused by the accident - and value of that damage. Damage caused by the repairer – plus value.

Also I'm waiting for you to post your redacted documents

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

It when in with a dent on the rear quarter panel above the wheel 

To msc repairs southall through auxillis.

Then msc called said it's done and they were returning it.

When it arrived the chrome on the windows and door were damaged the door gap looked out of line and the roof.

Plus they have stone chipped my sills.

I refused the car and it was sent back.

I requested that msc do not work on my car and a inspection was arranged.

Msc then went ahead and Tryed to fix the bad repairs before the inspection and return the car .

Even after being told not to

Again I refused it.

Then on the 2nd of January the cars cover in water mold and damp on the inside.

Thank you. But you haven't addressed the questions as to the values. If you don't know the values then please say so – but it would be easier if you would simply address questions – rather than making me ask again and again.

Also you haven't addressed the request to post up redacted documents.

The cost of the repairs.

You can redact your document simply by using a felt -tip pen to hide them and then scan them in.

The values are the cost of the repairs as a result of the original impact and then the cost of the additional damage which has been caused by the repairer.

I've downloaded the most recent document you have posted – the contract – and it seems to require you to indemnify them in the event that they aren't able to get payment from 1/3 party insurer.

What was your insurance? Was it fully comp?

No I am fully comp with hastings.

Don't know thw values as I am still waiting on the garage and auxillis to send them .

I have requested them the reports and photos of the work and the final invoice 

If you are fully comp with Hastings then I really don't understand what is happening here. I don't understand why Hastings gets away with referring this on to some other company which isn't even a repairer and then that company refers onto a repairer.

This is all about distancing themselves – and this is what we find with Currys or other computer suppliers or any other big retailers that simply want to unload their products and not be responsible for the condition of them later on all the repairs of them.

The compensating factor here is that extra damage has been done. The easiest thing to do is rather than play Hastings game which is to try and pursue Auxillis or their repairer, keep the responsibility squarely with Hastings. As far as I can see it is completely the responsibility and although they will continue trying to fob you off – you have to keep them in the frame and don't get diverted. This is what they will try to do.

Do you have evidence of the condition of the car before it receives the further damage after the accident?

I do and will have more when the reports arrive. 

I also do all talking with auxillis through hastings well upto the damp problem and then they just hid behind the you signed the contract .

But it's mostly gone through hastings 

Well it's becoming unnecessarily complicated – and I suppose that Hastings like it that way.

I think that you should identify Hastings as the responsible party. Your insurance contract is with them. I would suggest that you write to Hastings very formally, tell them what has happened and make it clear to them that as your insurance contract is with them and you have follow their instructions all the way, they are completely responsible and you propose to make them responsible.

What is the situation about you and the vehicle. Do you need one urgently or are you prepared to do this more gently? Are you still using a rental vehicle? Who is paying for it?