VCS PCN Claimform - No Stopping, Southend Airport - Letter Before Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been following some of the forums on here with great interest. I got a 'Parking Charge Notice' for 'Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited'

I have followed the advice I have seen on various posts, which is to ignore them until a 'Letter before Claim' is received. Well that letter has now arrived, along with the threats of legal proceedings, CCJ's, negative impact on my credit rating, etc.

Please advise on the best way to progress with this

kind regards

Hi could you post a pdf of correspondence  with personal details and barcodes hidden please,  there is plenty on CAG about VCS  and airports, a snotty letter like ericsbrother makes addressed to Simple Simon is an option at LBA stage  Others will be along soon with furher advice once they have seen what VCS have sent and are demanding.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

see post 33 here

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, it took me some time to scan and redact some information but here is all the correspondence I've received from VCS so far (I'll have to send it through several posts)

. I'd like to add that I wasn't actually driving the car, I was being dropped off at the airport.

Also as you can see from the photos VCS provided as evidence, we stopped at a zebra crossing to allow people to cross (you can clearly see people using the crossing in one of the photos).

We just used the opportunity of being forced to stop to get out of the car. 

Ive deleted your upload

read our upload guide and put it all in one pdf file and use pdf reducer website

and try again. Limit is 4.8 Mb

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well done

what you need to do now:

see post 33 here

and they

ericsbrother's response is as good as it gets, these muppets can't even spell correctly, Principle!!! a it should read Principal, their spelling shows they have no principles when sending demands for money not owed, also in this circumstance, Beavis is as much use to them as a chocolate fireguard, but they still quote it to make people think they know what they are doing.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

this one

DeeBrad69

• Basic Account Holder
  • DeeBrad69
  • Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • 17 posts
  • Member ID: 386101
  • Change Group
  • Member ID: 386101

Hi I found another thread very similar to my situation in which they were advised to send the following by the talented ericsbrother, would it be OK for me to send the same or is that not done?

Unfortunately for you I wasn’t born yesterday so I won’t be paying the demand to your client as both you and they know what I know and that there is no liability in this matter because the land is covered by its own byelaws, the signage is prohibitive and not an offer of a contract so none has been breached and anyway the POFA limits any charge to the specified sum so your demand for £160 is just a nonsense.

As VCS has been spanked at court on this very same thing several times before I suggest that you tell your client to discontinue this foolishness and that way you will at least obey the SRA rules of conduct and obey Civil Procedure as well. I know that may well be a first for you but call it your new year's resolution.

Should they decide to continue then I shall be asking for a full costs recovery order for unreasonable behaviour and then seek damages for breach of the DPA as per VCS v Philip, Liverpool CC Dec 2016.

Even Will and John, the parking worlds’ worst solicitors seem to have got fed up with Simple Simon's stupidity and greed and presumably that is why you are wasting your ink on his behalf.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Dee

and they

no send it exactly as is!!

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

I sent it at the weekend, they should have it by now so I'm just waiting for a response. 

this is what I wrote:

To whom it may concern,

Unfortunately for you I wasn’t born yesterday so I won’t be paying the demand to you as both you and I know that there is no liability in this matter because the land is covered by its own byelaws, the signage is prohibitive and not an offer of a contract so none has been breached and anyway the POFA limits any charge to the specified sum so your demand for £160 is just a nonsense.

As VCS has been spanked at court on this very same thing several times before I suggest that you discontinue this foolishness and that way you will at least obey the SRA rules of conduct and obey Civil Procedure as well. I know that may well be a first for you but call it your new year's resolution.

Should you decide to continue then I shall be asking for a full costs recovery order for unreasonable behaviour and then seek damages for breach of the DPA as per VCS v Philip, Liverpool CC Dec 2016.

regards

the para about the SRA rules is there because this was sent to a firm fo solicitors and you are writing to VCS directly

sorry but you need to stop snatching at things and do a bit more reading before you put pen to paper again.

However, it wont hurt that they know you ahve used someone elses letter as it shows that peopel are taking the time to read up on their malpractice rather than just blindly pay up.

They are still likely to try and tough it out by suing you so if they do please post up all of your drafts before you send anything to them so you dont give them anything to come back at you with

• 1 month later...

so you've been reading up on all the other 'no stopping' threads here since Jan then?

CAG is self help too!!

please complete this:

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS PCN Claimform - No Stopping, Southend Airport - Letter Before Claim

i would suggest its a claimform pack from northant bulk court in a large windowed a4 envelope ...not a letter from the fleecers..

dx

and they

If it is as DX describes follow the sticky in Post# 20 above, to progress this in the best way.