UKCPS, Gateway House, Piccadilly, Manchester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Notice to Keeper Received.

Date Issued 13/11/2019 (09.19)

- Date of sending of this notice 10/12/2019 - Received by me 12/12/2019.

Parking Charge £60

id paid within 14 days of this Notice or £100.

Lodged my Appeal in writing on 14/12/2019 with following reasons:-

·         My understanding was that I was on a Public Road, which I used for making a U-turn

·         I was not aware that I was breaking any Highway Code Rules and it was an Honest Mistake, if I was

·         I did not use this space for parking my vehicle and did not obstruct any vehicles or entrance for few seconds whilst in this space

·         I did not see any Signage and was not aware of its existence

·         I am Aged 71 years so was fully concentrating on my manoeuvres ------------

Letter dated 23/12/2019 from UKCPS received on 28/12/2019 Declining my Appeal and unable to Cancel the PCN.

I have to pay £60 by 06/01/2020 or £100 by 20/01/2020.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE give me some Guidance or Advice as what to do next.

There is a suggestion on this CAG Forum - do nothing and wait for further action from UKCPS.

I aged 71 so obviously rather worried as this is my first such ticket which I am rather reluctant to pay with limited budget. HELP

L

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you want guidance on what to do next- that is simple, NOTHING

doing a u turn is not an agreement for parking terms whatever they or their signs may say.

for example if I told you that you have to pay me £20 for reading this last sentence are you going to pay up? you have clearly read it so you cant deny its existence but that doesnt make it a lawful contract for many reasons.

Once you understand it is about contracts and not parking it all becomes easier to deal with.

now the bandits who have made the demand will have you down as a sucker because you appealed so let them chase you and waste their time and money rather than yours. we are aware of this place and how they work there so unless it is near to where you live  we will rely on pictures from others caught out to help form an opinion on the value of their signage. If it is local then please capture some images of the signs there and bear in mind there is some goon taking happy snaps of the hapless motorists so get some images of their vehicle if you can but dont do anything to cause a scene unless you can get someone else to film that as well.

they hate having their activites brought out into the sunshine as it limits thier ability to cheat and lie their way to a profit

In response to honeybee 13

14 December 2019

UKCPS Ltd

1200 Century Way

Thorpe Park Business Park

Colton

LEEDS

LS15 8ZA

re: APPEAL

The Parking Charge issue Number:....

The Vehicle Registration: ….

Time, Date and Place of Issue: 0919, 13/11/2019, Gateway House, Piccadilly

Full Name and Address: †***†***********†**************

Appellant’s Status: Driver/Keeper

I refer to the above Parking Charge Notice received yesterday and lodge an Appeal on the following grounds and reasons:

• My understanding was that I was on a Public Road, which I used for making a U-turn

• I was not aware that I was breaking any Highway Code Rules and it was an Honest Mistake, if I was

• I did not use this space for parking my vehicle and did not obstruct any vehicles or entrance for few seconds whilst in this space

• I did not see any Signage and was not aware of its existence

• I am Aged 71 years so was fully concentrating on my manoeuvres

In view of the above circumstance, I request you to please cancel the Parking Charge Notice as this was an honest mistake.

Look forward to hearing from you.

go to youtube and type in Manchester piccadilly gateway house NO STOPPING there are 2 videos 1 posted on the 23/12/2019 and the other on 27/12/2019 hope this helps

this not a fine it's an invoce it 'been issued by a private firm

why do you wrongly say penalty ??

you know its not a fine so can't be a penalty.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There is no reason foryou to pay this fictitious amount.

U-turns are nothing to do with private parking companies.

They are concerned with parking, which they do very badly.

They have nothing to do with stopping in a road for a few minutes .

Please stop worrying about it.

You are dealing with dishonest people who think nothing of cheating and lying to get money out of motorists.

We don't think much of what they do either.

Enjoy the new year and ignore all correspondence form them and their unregulated debt collectors.

Read other threads on here rearding no stopping etc.

The only ttime to get back to us is if they send you a Letter of Claim .

We will then advise you what to say to them so they will not be stupid enough to go any further.

Its OK the issue is we know they are not Fines or Penalties as are grounded in Contract Law, so referring to them as such allows the misconception to continue, the Local press are good at referring to them as Fines thereby giving them an air of quasi legitimacy in the public eye, that's why we get annoyed about it.  As per the others get pictures, and sit on your hands until you get a Letter Before Claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi All,

I had a busy day so just logged into my PC now.

THANK YOU ALL very much for all your input and guidance - it has been very useful and it has definately put my mind at ease.

I propose to take no action and just sit on the letter.

As suggested, I will contact you if I receive a LETTER BEFORE CLAIM or LETTER OF CLAIM for further guidance

Your Guidance and time is very much appreciated.

:rockon:

and they

1 hour ago, DaSh60 said:

I have received 2 of these UKCPS "no stopping" charges at Manchester Piccadilly for instances in Oct & Nov. I am not paying, They will have to take me to court to get anything out of me. Have now received "Final Notice Letter" with charge now at £130. They threaten "enforcement action which could include County Court proceedings" if there is a failure to pay. Should it come to this, any advice how to proceed ?  Googling "UKCPS Piccadilly" comes up with other forums on this topic, looks like the practice only started here in Oct, and many others have been caught. Seems elsewhere UKCPS do have a track record of taking people to court, so for sure they're much more experienced than me in these things !  Any suggestion or advice would be much appreciated.

As suggested by honeybee13 and I quote - You need to start a new thread of your own please, this one is for advising Old Foggy.

Visited the place this morning and took 2 photos (attached)

- one as you would be turning left into this road and thr other one from Piccadilly Approach end as you would be turning right into this road.

Nothing received since the 2nd letter dated 23/12/2019.

I have NOT paid £60 so the next date for £100 is by 20/01/2020 and thereafter I assume there will be another communication.

I am going away on my annual holidays on 15/01/2020 and return home on 20/02/2020.

During my absence there will be no one dealing with my Post.

If Letter Before Claim or Letter of Claim are received whilst I am away then I will be unable to contact you for further guidance until my return on 20/02/2020

Hopefully any time scale to respond will not work against me?

You have 30 days to reply to a LBA.

Your holiday is a little more than 30 days but you'd have to be very unlucky for their letter to appear and the 30 days to run out.  How many silly letters have they sent you so far?  They generally send a lot of toilet paper before getting to the LBA stage. 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

can you pop those pex up as PDF please

read upload .

so we can zoom

hope you took cleared pix of the little writing or additional signs with the T&C's on?

dx

and they

dx

My IT skills are rather limited. Please guide me how to convert my existing format to PDF. (I took the photos on my iphone and then sent it to myself on email, saved it on my PC and then attached to CAGS.

I only took these 2 photos. Did not see any other signs with T&C's

I've had a look at other UKCPS threads, seems you'll get a reminder letter and then rubbish from powerless DCAs trying to scare you - so you're ages from a LBA yet so go away and enjoy your holiday in peace!