You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I'm sorry but I don't have a lot of time at the moment. Please will you read around the other Hermes stories – if you haven't done so already. There are some suggested letters of claim in those. We don't have a template for this and I would suggest that you draft your own letter of claim and post it here before you send it. Also, make sure that you read around the forum about taking a small claim in the County Court and that you know all the steps. You can be certain that you will have to issue the papers. You can be certain that Hermes will ignore your letter of claim and they will only start taking you seriously once you have issue the court papers. This means that if you send the letter of claim giving them 14 days then on the fifteenth day you must issue the papers. Otherwise don't bother. Don't bluff. Be aware of your risk factors – which are that if you lose, then you won't get your money back and also you would have lost your claim fee – and if they push you to pay an allocation fee – which is quite likely – you will lose this as well. For the present claim fees and allocation fees, please have a look at the court services website. However you are probably looking at something in the region of about hundred pounds or so all told for a claim of this value. If you succeed then you will get your money back, plus interest plus your costs. We do our best to advise you here that you have to realise that the end of the day it is your risk. As I've already said, it is an extraordinary industry – because they will do it – which requires you to pay delivery fee and then if they don't carry out their side of the contract for some reason rather they don't have to offer any redress to you at all – often on the basis that you didn't ensure them against their own negligence. This is an extraordinary state of affairs. The whole industry does it this way and it seems to be a culture which has been accepted for a long time – maybe 30 or 40 years – so that now consumers think that that's the way it is. It's really quite surprising that this hasn't been directly addressed in legislation – but it hasn't. Instead you will have to fall back on the unfair terms provisions in the Consumer Rights Act. Post a draft of the letter of claim and we'll have a look at it later on
    • I agree. They are putting you back in the position you'd have been if they'd said what they should have ( "We can upgrade you to Sky Q. You'll need a new dish to use Q. If you want to revert to the non-Q system in future it'd need to be a 'hybrid' dish that supports both".)   I don't think you can realistically expect more.
    • but not related to this a/C  i bet the sar will reveal the real truth of what the balance really is made of.   even if this did result in a speculative DCA court claim. we don't lose many OD claims here.   dx  
    • yes they will and the contract if they request a further hearing.   .......................   n244 .......   i do not believe the claimant had a valid and paid for contract covering the year of the offence with the land owner or their agents.   i do believe the Claimant ANPR System had the relevant council planning permission to be used or erected on poles at the site.   i do not believe the Claimant signs at the site neither had the required council planning permission nor suitably conveyed the legal terms of any contract the driver at the time of parking could ever be able to agree to by reading them.   i claim the cost of my set aside fee from the claimant should i be successful.    
    • Hi   1. Have all seven residents complained officially to the Local Authority of the overgrown conifers and had a response in writing?   2. Were the Local Authority informed that the several residents were employing a contractor to cut back their conifer trees due to them being overgrown?   I would also suggest asking the contractor that carried out the work if they could do a letter for you explaining the work they carried out and the advice given about trimming as they remain the LA property.  
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies

Hi 

I'm self employed and undertook some work for a guy I  did a bit of PAT Testing for 3 years ago 

I stopped when he had a complaint  as I wasn't happy with it and with his unprofessional manner which involved him  trying to persuade  me to carry on without a legal requirement   which was calibrated  equipment 

However I have a few other jobs which I did for him  the same customer but different retail outlets that were signed off by the store manager  stating that they were satisfied with my work and the work was complete

The guy is refusing to pay me  it's only £950   but it's the principle  how do I write a final letter to him  before starting a small claim.?

Thank you 

Andy 

you head the letter as a letter before action and then you say how much money is owed and why ( so £950 for agreed PAT testing at xxxx on such snd such dates invoiced on xxth of yy 2017) and that this amount still hasnt been paid despite previous requests. Give him 14 days to either pay or state why the money is not due or you will use the small claims procedure to recover the money plus your costs and interest.