Euro Car Parks issued this ticket to the police in Devon and Cornwall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1816905496_jackrabbitpub.thumb.jpg.c7aeb0f3721b63ea2273a2924255a68c.jpg

jack rabbit pub.pdf

Police officers were issued with a parking ticket for a marked car while attending an emergency callout.

The parking charge notice, addressed to Devon and Cornwall Police, requires the force to pay £85 within 28 days.

It relates to a vehicle parked in a car park at midnight on 2 November.

Officers in Plymouth have gone on Twitter to express their frustration after they explained the situation to the company which said they would be required to submit a written appeal.

The letter goes on to say the charge will be reduced to £50 if paid within 14 days.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-devon-50948901

I've updated the picture you posted to screen to now a pdf as above and deleted the rest BF

have a look now at it now:lol:

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• BankFodder changed the title to Euro Car Parks issued this ticket to the police in Devon and Cornwall

Devon and Cornwall, which ones infest that area?  Hopefully they will attempt to sue the Police in the Northampton Clearing centre, and the Police will defend, and bring the whole use of court by parking cowboys into sharp focus. I think there is a Legal defence that they could use as they could not be subject to any T & C's if on a genuine shout.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hope they get all the odium they deserve ECP are a pox on us all.What next VCS invoice merseyside police for stopping on the road to John lennon Airport.  that would be funny if VCS then tried court.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Yes, by any standards it's a nasty little industry that only causes misery. I wonder if they tell their children what they do for a living.

"Police confirmed the ticket was issued to a "fully marked police car" responding to an incident at a pub in the city.

They said their vehicles are exempt from parking fines while performing "operational duties".

Officers said they contacted the company responsible to request the ticket be scrapped and were told the "appeals process must be followed".

The Police better realise that it isn't a council PCN, and its ECP pursuing them for breach of the contract the assume the Police entered into with them when they "parked" in the area infested by ECP without first paying. 

Wonder if their "Appeal" will be rejected?   wasn't a police car clamped for something similar back in the day of Cowboy Clampers?

Even ther Police seem to "misunderstand" that ECP are after them for Breach of an assumed contract, they didn't pay to park whilst on a shout in the car park, so must pay like any other sucker HB.

10 hours ago, lookinforinfo said:

I hope the Police now ignore them and see if they get threatened with debt collectors.

and are asked to attend to prevent a breach of the peace when bailiffs attend  .....

Perhaps the police should spend just a little time looking at all the small breaches to the law that ECP make on a daily basis?

Vans parking dangerously obstructing roads on double yellow lines for starters

Edited by tobyjugg2

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

ECP are likely greedy enough, they use Contract law, something the Police are usually  unfamiliar with unless they are investigating fraud.

And of course, this money would have to be paid from a police budget – in other words public funds – making VCS even more of a parasitic company.

Bravo VCS

• Sad 1

Well.  Their lackeys work on commission so probably thought it would be authorisedand paid automatically.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

police can claim Crown Immunity for parking FINES but that wouldnt apply to a simple breach of contract. Now i think the police should play this along and then arrest the muppet who turns up at court to represent ECP for a number of offences including the Prevention of Terrorism Act for their processing of the images of the car, failing to assist an officer in the execution of his duty, wasting police time etc.

Also If i were D&C chief plod I would be biting the backside of the head of the DVLA for the same. It only goes to prove that there is NO quality control by anyone at either the parking co or the DVLA despite the annual liefest stating that the system has been rigourously tested and all  is well

• Like 2

agree EB, but If the police carry on with the PPC like they do when they help bailiffs, they might well just pay it, they will not be overly familiar with the way the PPC's bend the law of Contract, much as they "misunderstand" a bailiffs powers of entry in civil cases.

Would be good if the police were taken to county court, contested it and won it would be good, could see the ppc floundering with the old Elliott v Loake, and CPS v AJH Films, and chucking in beavis for good measure.  If the County Court Judge found for the PPC after Police said were on a shout, allowed to park anywhere would not go well in the Golf Club later

1 minute ago, lookinforinfo said:

If the police vehicle  still had its blue lights on there could be GDPR involved.

wonder if the images of the car show that, would be interesting if PPC tried court, and they are greedy enough.

Now that raies an interesting point about what info MUST be shown on a NTK for ANPR capture. the image in this thread only shows the reg plates as it does in many NTK's with no attempt to actually identify the vehicle by other means.

Now another reason for appealing is that the plates were cloned so plod could then demand the full set of images and then deny it is one of theirs.

Met did that when I photographed one of their cars driving through a red light without blues and twos. just because it then rear ended my next door neighbours brother's car didnt matter, they still said it wasnt theirs. It was about that time that my uncle resigned from A10 (complaints against the police) and went back to uniformed policing as senior at LD

3 hours ago, ericsbrother said:

police can claim Crown Immunity for parking FINES but that wouldnt apply to a simple breach of contract. Now i think the police should play this along and then arrest the muppet who turns up at court to represent ECP for a number of offences including the Prevention of Terrorism Act for their processing of the images of the car, failing to assist an officer in the execution of his duty, wasting police time etc.

Under section 76, eliciting, publishing or communicating information on members of the armed forces, intelligence services and police officers which is "likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism" will be an offence carrying a maximum jail term of 10 years.

I think the location of a police car and potaential ambush of its officers could easily meet that requirement

... being as just about anything could ...

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children