Alliance Parking UK Ltd Windscreen PCN - Metropole Chambers Swansea

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The ntk is out of time

And even so there is no evidence you were there outside of min 10mins grace period.

ignore them until/unless you gwt a letter of claim from a solicitor

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Thank you for you emails and advice.

I did try to self help - thats why I thought it was over as I hadn't heard anything for two months. It's just i worry in case I get into more problems for ignoring letters! 

I will ignore this as you advise.

Once again many thanks for your, and others on this site, help - it is very much appreciated and has been invaluable to me in helping me understand (for this and previous problems I have had).

Thank you!  

NTK is well out of date, as per DX's advice above. It is also in breach of POFA as it does not offer you the early payment discount. It would be interesting to see if they have a valid agreement with the landowner...I helped someone with a case just around the corner and they messed up on this point.

It is critical that you do not under any circumstances identify the driver, despite the fact the vehicle was parked outside your address.

H, thanks for your reply. It is a great help - I did find a list of what should be included in the NTK and noticed the bit about early payment wasn't in there but I wasn't sure if this was covered by the early payment option on the PCN.  

After the advice I have received today I will ignore the letter and see if I here anything else. I have not identified the driver or contacted the company at all and will not do this.

I find it very stressful receiving official looking letters like this demanding money so it is so helpful to get some proper advice! Especially when you know the area!

Many thanks - it is very much appreciated. Hopefully I will not here anything else from them.

Have they sent any pwork with any pix on?

i suspect not and i suspect this is a local spy that takes them so not relying upon pofa so think they have not got to abide by pofa 

Search here top right for ukcpm mnpr 

Threads

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi, thanks for your email.

No they did not send any pictures of the car when it was parked.

I have looked through some of the threads and also some other sites and guidance on parking on private land.

it seems that I could well here something else from this in months to come from what i have read.

I have the photos at the time including signage.

I have the delay in issuing the ntk and what was also mentioned about not having the option for a reduced payment in the ntk

. I have not contacted the company. 

i tried to find out who owned the building at the time

- it is split up into lots of small businesses but didnt pursue this as I heard nothing.

I will wait to see if I get anything else through I think.

Many thanks again.

your help is so much appreciated.

it is telling they have no photos to prove the ticket....urm..

they usually do.

without those its another reason to add to your list, that its BS.

as they can't prove you were not there for over the 10mins minimum , which is the given grace period. (there is not published maxima)

and they

Hi

Thanks for your email

With regards to photos, I have double checked the parking charge notice - it states in  brackets under the notes for 'Contesting this Notice' that 'mindful that the issuing officer has taken photographic evidence'. I looked at the appeals procedure to see if it would link to any photos but it appears that the appeal is me only submitting an email - so I would not be able to access any photos to the case online.

Thank you for your time.

read the POFA, if they have photographic evidence or use ANPR they have to provide this evidence in the NTK or they cnat create a liability.

As they have fouled up dont be wanting to contact them over this but keep it for later if they are stupid enough to want to waste money on it.

Hi, thanks for your reply and advice - very much appreciated thank you.

I have read through the POFA and have seen the paragraph advising that they should give their evidence.

I have also noticed that the NTK tells me that as 21 days have passed from the PCN issue date I am no longer allowed to appeal - this doesnt seem right to me.

I am not going to contact anyone and will wait and see if I receive anything else from them.

Thanks again for your help.

then the NTK assumes that there was an issue of a screen ticket to th driver and that has a different timescale-which they still have failed to meet so still  no liability.

Some parking companies like to think that the discount period applies only to the first notice when a NTD is issued. It doesnt and cant but that tells you more about the behaviour of the bottom end of the parking world, they wouldnt accept an appeal and overturn their claim anyway so you have saved yourself a stamp. Theoretically you can have a court claim dismissed and sent back to the adjudicator for this failure but why would you bother with that when thrashing them at the first court clash is more economical.

Just noticed on companies house the director of this co  used to run AS parking until it was struck off for being run improperly on 24th MAR this year.

It would be interesting to see the contract between the parking co and the landowner but I bet Kevin McM  ( or is that Andrew, he does seem to forget what his name is) wont be in a hurry to share that with you.

I bet that the contract is with AS so not worth the paper it is written on.

More good news for you.

He also runs Athens Security and used to run a fishing tackle shop so you can BAIT him later if he persists with his demands

Hi

Thanks for your email - and the information on the company! I have had a quick search on AS parking and Alliance parking on some other forums and it didnt take long to find plenty of posts (linking the two companies).

I will wait and see if /when I get the next correspondence from them. 

Thank you again - I am learning a lot!

Alliance are a mutation of Millennium Parking Services / Millennium Door & Event Security - a cowboy operation, like many other IPC members. Have a read of the article in the attached link - note the name of the MPS owner and the establishments he's involved with in Swansea (some just around the corner from you). You might want to choose to avoid them...

47680933_2252946374716929_64377413319713

They had a parking management contract at Llandarcy Academy of Sport (notoriously difficult to get parking at due to the many activities going on), whereby you could phone up and pay for the required parking duration....£2 for an hour, £3 for 2x hour, etc - but I recall someone telling me they tried to pay for parking and it would only give them the most expensive option, which was £8! Hmmm...

• Like 1

Hi, thanks for your email and the article - it made interesting reading. I can not fully understand what is happening with these two companies and the millenium parking mentioned when I looked at the Companies house site - other than AS parking compulsory strike off in march. 

I was just giving you info about MPS for the hell of it really, so you're aware of the link to a number of bars and restaurants within walking distance of you. Also, site named on the ticket - i.e. Metropole Chambers, is also the same as MPS's registered office!

AS Parking have no part to play in this. The ticket issuer is Alliance Parking UK Ltd, which is still active.

Anyway, I wouldn't be too surprised if they have their wires crossed when it comes to a valid agreement with the landowner, and they have definitely made a mess where POFA is concerned. Just keep that recent letter safe and ignore them until until such time as a Letter of Claim arrives. Be aware though, you may have to go through the process of defending a claim on this - needless to say, you'll get plenty of help from this forum.

Hi Thanks for your email!

I agree that I think I will here from this further - I just dont trust them so I am very grateful for all the help I am getting from this site!

Many thanks

to recap then,  the bandit running the company chasing you ran others that have been wound up becasue they didnt obey the law and there is a reasonable chance that the contract with the landowner was signed between the LL and one of these now extinct co's.

That menas there can be no preformace of or to the contract by Alliance Parking as they have no authority to be there from the LL

so now you go and get pictures of the signage etc at the site if it is local to you so you are forearmed if they do want to take things further. read other threads to find out what to photograph but basically entrance and any signage there, signs within the car park that are different to those at entrance and any blurb associated with a parking payment  meter

Hi, thanks for your email.

Yes I have plenty of photos which I took shortly after getting the pcn.

I have the  no parking signs, road markings marking the no parking area (which are nor clear due to recent resurfacing) plus photos at night when the pcn was issued as the no parking signs are not in a well lit area. 

Thanks 

Hi, thanks for your email - I didn't put the photos up again as I posted them back in december when the pcn was received - on the photos I circled in black where the car was parked and also tried to get a photo of the area in the dark when the pcn was received.

Many thanks

Your images are not adequate to define with any certainly where the public highway ends and the private land starts and the relationship between the land managed by this company and any other private land you pass over to get to it.

It is early days yet but well worth getting a set of decent images that show

the land from the public highway,

any delineation of the parking spaces from other perople's property,

what other signs are there or round about,

what markings are present on the floor and so forth.

If the signs nearly are confusing or excessive all the better.

If there is land managed by another company take piccies of their signs as well.

the parking co's have to follow rules and generally dont in places like this because they cant but dotn let it get in the way of making unlawful demands.