tax credits and need to ring them for my childcare costs to be checked - ** RESOLVED **

Terrifieddebt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you.

if think it’s definitely given me the kick up to him to start dealing with Debts etc and sort out my b

I’ll come back once I know the next stages and what’s happening. Why are the hmrc more lenient than the dwp? I’ve read cases where people have been punished for A lot smaller amounts. 

I think it’ll be a relief At the same time getting it off my chest and not living a lie 

mostly people that do it deliberately, not by being simply stupid or having much more serious things going on in their lives to even be able to cope with the whole spectrum of benefits, not matter where they come from.

my pers view is get this sorted within yourself happily first and then deal with the external effects this has upon a relationship.

same with your other 'debts'

wack things up here in a new topic, let us help.

being seen to be now strong, coping and being knowledgeable upon how these can be handled is p'haps better than dealing things out on a confessions talk with your OH simply adding to whatever other issues exist or did exist..without having a plan.

hey you'll be smiling tomorrow..time for bed you get a clearhead..

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So after all of that worrying I spoke to a lady on the phone who has updated the claim, I will get a letter explaining everything and there’s no further action. I am crying because it’s such a relief. It was just a general check to make sure everything was up to date as I’ve not contacted them. 

thank you so much for every bodies help, now to run my credit file and open a new post. 

• Like 2

Brilliant, I'm really pleased for you - well done for biting the bullet. I guess you believe us now? :D  I'll change your thread title. Hopefully you can go and enjoy time with your family now.

Excellent news also about you looking at your debts, you'll feel much better if you take control. I look forward to seeing how you get on.

HB

• Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

• honeybee13 changed the title to tax credits and need to ring them for my childcare costs to be checked - ** RESOLVED **

I do. I must admit I woke up dreading ringing but just thought I’m going to do it. There were no questioning or anything just that she would put a referral in to get it sorted for last tax year and she would update this years. I had already updated everything online in the middle of the night too. 

childcare and single claim all cancelled but upon unclebulgarias advise I thought I’d check other things and realised we hadn’t applied for the 16weeks child benefit 

• Like 1

:lol:

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I understand you want it to be over. Sadly I don't understand what the process is to change your online records and I think you may need to be patient. Thinking about how you felt a few days ago when it was desperate, I hope you feel better now?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I came late to this thread, I've had good form with Tax Credit's over the years. 

The whole thing is an utter mess, there are people all over the country receiving shocking demands for repayment, lots of intimidating language and demands flying around with very little clear advice on what your rights are. 

No chance of court or jail time, although it's understandable to feel threatened because of the tone of language used by Tax Credits.  Also , when you call them it's like a lottery, from Abusive to extremely nice. You can guarantee that different advice will be given each time you call them.

I'm no longer eligible for Tax Credits (Thank god) but if I was I would be on the phone and sending them a letter every couple of months just re confirming my circumstances each time.

Your friend is Tax Credits COP 26, Google it (it's their code of practice), get to know it.  I  think around pages 15 or 16 there is a lot of information about when they need to get off your back.

• Thanks 2

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I think that’s why in some sense I don’t want to ring again as I’ve spoken to somebody and changed it also online. The childcare has been removed but not the single to joint. If I get somebody who is horrible it’s going to set me off again worrying.

No one can do anything to you, the very worst thing that will happen  is they will take a small % age from your current award to pay back any arrears.

Just imagine if everyone who had a tax credit Over Payment issue went to court? The system would be overwhelmed.  That's why it won't happen and objectively you really have nothing to worry about.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi 

another update. My claim is closed and I’m just awaiting the overpayment letter. It closed yesterday after u contacted them again and for some reason they paid me one last amount. She said my claim won’t be backdated as far as I’ve told them as they allow a month anyway. 

anyway I’m happy to say I no longer claim tax credits and other than dealing with the overpayment, all of my drama is over ( I’m sure I’ll come back for advice on paying it back). As good as tax credits are I genuinely hope I don’t have to deal with them again, ever. 

thank you to everybody who took their time to comment. I’ll be sitting down and compiling a list to sort out my ongoing debts now. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Terrifieddebt @tomtom256 @London1971

Hi Terrified Debt I have recieved exactly the same generic letter early last week. 

I need to call today or tomorrow please can I ask did they just want information for the year they asked ? As I have a large problem with mine. 

I still have childcare on my award this year but wasn’t aware until this letter came. I haven’t had childcare since Oct 18.

This letter is for Apr 19- now so do I tell them I’ve had no childcare in the period asked for or say since Oct 18. There are conflicting posts many saying they were only querying that year and they could have gone back years etc. Thankyou for any advice you can offer x 

Normally the letters just state the amount owed and the period it relates to, asking for payment arrangement to be entered into. They are not expecting a lump sum.

What you need to do is call the number shown on the letter and they will discuss the repayment options with you. Each person has different circumstances to be taken into account.