• Tweets

• No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
    • did you submit your directions
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Welcome Finance

maybelline
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sadly it sounds like you have been stung in the same way many have by WF. I would say start with data protecion act request for all your information, this will cost you £10, when you get all your information add up the costs and clain then back. as for the MIG this is only requied on hgh ltv i.e. over 75% of value (equity) it is also called a HLC or higher lending charge. you could start with the unfair charges and then go for the mig or do it altogether. I would post up the agreement, cover your personal details over first, and you may find your agreement is actually not worth the paper it is written on either? look at the consumer credit agreements thread for more on this. work out what you want to achieve before making a move, good luck :)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there Daddysam,

Just to let you know as an ex employee that they are scare tactics. As far as I am aware WFS have never repossesed.

It seems maybelline has getting some real results since I last posted on this thread, so read through the whole thread and take her advise.

If you are currently in arrears it is important you come up with some agreement with them without signing anything.

Hi there Daddysam,

Just to let you know as an ex employee that they are scare tactics. As far as I am aware WFS have never repossesed.

It seems maybelline has getting some real results since I last posted on this thread, so read through the whole thread and take her advise.

If you are currently in arrears it is important you come up with some agreement with them without signing anything.

Hello Tav,

do you know if WF ever attend the court for the mis-selling PPI, extortionate credit, not properly executed agreement?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Itsme

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

I am guessing no is the answer to this Itsme, I cannot imagine their agreements standing up in court and a repossission order galvanises most people into action, and brings support that is hitherto not available, then they discover their true rights!

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Hi i need serious help with this company, four years ago i was in a bad relationship with a guy who forced me to take out a loan with him, this was to pay off his car finance, also provided through welcome..

The loan was secured on my property, and £12k was borrowed, the other party then ran off with another woman and about £4k the rest paid off the car finance, i struggled to pay £400 per month then fell behind, cleverly the insurance was taken out in his name only so when i lost my job i couldnt claim, the amount outstanding is around £25k now, i havent paid anything to them and risk losing my home, He hasnt paid a penny and cannot be located even though he is first charge on the loan but its secured on my property, i dont know what to do no one wants to help and i dont want to have to sell my house to pay off all this money i havent had a penny of, Welcome have sent my details to head office and i never recieve any correspondance from them, should i contact them and offer £10k to settle do you think they would agree to this.

very sorry to hear what you have been going through cateeyre, I would send a subject access request and get all your details from head office and think about claiming back the unfair charges they may have been applying to the account. It seems very strange that the insurance was in his name only when the loan was joint, another [problem] by WF no doubt, I think 10K is alot to offer for settlement when you dont know yet if everything they say you owe them is accurate. I would write immediately to say you are in dispute with them, ask for copy agreements using the CCA request letter and send the £1 also for this. this should put any action they have in mind on hold.

have a read through some of the welcome threads, a lot of people are stuck with their secured loans with lots of dodgy insurance and fees applied, we are challenging them, report them to the regulators if necessary, OFT, FSA or whoever.

WF defence, Under sub heading Common Law of Penalites' (what is this?)the charges are a genuine pre-estimate of loss suffered by the defendant and therefore cannot be deemed to be penalties.

under Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 - section 15 - 'where under a contract for the supply of a service, the consideration for the service is not determined by the conract, left to be determined in the maner agreed in the contract or determined by the course of dealing between the parties, there is an implied term that the party contracting with the supplier will pay a reasonable charge.

It can be seen that section 15 provides a way of ascertaining the price payable for a service when the contract makes no provision and where there isno other legally recognisable way of determining the price. the charges were clearly ascertainable to the claimant in teh conditions, so the defendants contends that section 15 is inapplicable'

IMHO Idont think this is correct, any thoughts?

Hello Tav,

do you know if WF ever attend the court for the mis-selling PPI, extortionate credit, not properly executed agreement?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Itsme

Hi Itsme, did you get an answer to this query? is so would love to know, :):)

If the court offers mediation service, is it wise to accept it and/or will it affect the case??

If the court offers mediation service, is it wise to accept it and/or will it affect the case??

I didn't ....i do not think WF will turn up anyways:)))))

The ex WF employee didn't reply:)))never mind...still waiting for the reply from court.....

xx

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

this was offered to me, but I wondered if anyone else had been this route, personally I am not thinking this is doable since I need to put in my insurance claims yet.

do you have a date for your hearing, very good luck for it :)

No...not yet....court received my amended POC on 17th of May....i had received a confirmation...so just waiting:)))

Kind regards,

just a quick question, i recently cca'd welcome regarding an old loan, which was issued without my knowledge (to reduce arrears on a previous loan) by the local collections unit. however as this was issued without my knowledge and as yet have not produced a signed agreement yet (9 Days and counting) or sent me a statements showing the current balance, can i cancel the direct debit when the cca time is up?

I think you need to get to the bottom of what this loan issued without your knowledge, try doing the data subject request, fee is £10 but make sure you ask for all the information, transactions, etc, they have on you. It is my understanding while the account is in dispute, tell them in writing you are disputing their claim you owe this mystery account, that they cannot default you, add interest or charges to the account. once you know what you are dealing with, try to figure out what you want to achieve and then come back for more info, template letters etc, good luck.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/33174-consumer-credit-act-agreements.html#post258846

see this thread for consumer credit agreements and what is enforceable and so on.

that is correct re the acceptance fee, but there are usually other reasons for claiming these back also, (if paid already) as opposed to discontinuing payment. my understanding is that MIG should never be applied to loans under 75% of the value of the property, see all the other threads on Welcome finance as there are some good points and links on this issue.

It should never get charged if you are borrowing less than 75% of the properties value. For example, house purchase £100,000 deposit £25,000, mortgage £75,000.

Mortgage pitfalls | Higher lending charges

So what is Mortgage Indemnity, it gives the lender some added security against default

• 3 weeks later...

waiting for hearing date....................

icon9.gif Welcome Car Finance

Hi im new

Does anyone have the address for the head office for Welcome in nottingham pls? Having real problems with the local offices with the stalking for payments i have told them i am with holding payment until they can tell me what the fees are for as there is not breakdown charges range from £5 to £400 plus was mis-sold ppi insurance when we bought the car told we had to have it in order to get the car, any ideas folks?

I think there is a sticky with their details on the intro thread, you need put that you are in disupute in writing asap as you will need it when and if it comes to a court hearing.

Funny - got it right in front of me!

Welcome Financial Services Ltd

Mere Way

Ruddington Fields Business Park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html

it is now 7 weeks from n1 submission, no court date yet?

Dear May,

ring them..sometimes courts are so busy...they will let you know...

x