Shiply.com - help please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could anyone help, please?

I made a mistake using Shiply.com for booking the collection of two items bought on Ebay, I am deeply regretting it as  I now ended up with a problem I don't know how to resolve.

The service provider claims he tried to deliver but he didn't actually came to knock on the door ( I have a CCTV camera to prove it), instead called/texted me from the car which unfortunately I didn't hear whilst doing something else in the house.

When I rang to ask what was going on, he tried to extort another £50.00 to arrange a "redelivery" he said I owed him . 

I obviously refused and asked him to return my property and be paid upon safe delivery of my items as originally agreed but had no cooperation from his side, he wanted me to pay now £80.00 into his account so he could release my items to another courier to redeliver.

I reported theft to the Police, who gave me a crime reference but didn't seem to be interested and advised my best course of action would be to go back to Shiply, who brokered a deal.

I wrote to Shiply but they said they accept no responsibility in this transaction and advised me to seek legal advice.

The man is overwhelmingly obnoxious to deal with,  he is now saying he will start charging £2.00 a day for my items he's holding without my permission. 

Items are a table and chairs that I urgently needed for Christmas, not only they're not coming anytime soon but I'm now left with this mess I don't know how to resolve.

What do I do? 

Anyone has any advice? 

tempsnip.png

Did you purchase these items from an eBay trader or from a private seller? If it's an eBay trader then it is their legal responsibility to make sure that the goods are properly delivered to you. However I have bit worried that you say that it was you who arranged collection. Does that mean that it was a collection only deal and you arranged somebody to go and pick it up from the sellers location?

Which was the company which actually tried to carry out the delivery?

Did you pay for the item using PayPal?

Hi,

Thank you very much for taking a look.

Yes, this is correct, I've purchased two separate items from two separate private sellers on Ebay and those were collection only items so I asked them to allow for courier collection. 

The service provider is called "Kaloo" on Shiply.com, however from the bank account details I see the name of the company is Dash Courier Services Ltd.

I paid to his bank account as wouldn't give me the address to collect  myself unless I prepay for his services first.

I've never come across anything like this before. He's been texting me all day and I engaged as I hoped I could go and collect my items. It looks like he's just playing games as he's still messing me around and now resorted to insults.

He has literally depleted all of my energy reserves and I still don't know what to do.

Is there anything or do I just cut my losses for my sanity's sake?

Thank  you

So where is the address?

What is the value of the goods?  How much did you pay for the transportation

7 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

So where is the address?

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand.

What address are you referring to, the address of the service provider's company? If so, I don't have it as he's not giving it to me

The address of the courier.

We need better detail than the scant information you provided.

I have requested that shiply provides me with his full details as all I've got is his email address and phone number. 

If he gave me the correct name of the company, then it's this: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11116523/officers

The name fits. I will talk to Shiply tomorrow just as soon as the lines are opened.

I paid £41.51 for one item, £40.00 for another and £60. 00 for delivery

Thank you.

If you are dealing with an eBay trader then their contractual responsibility is to make sure that the items which have been ordered are completely delivered. In this case, you have arrange collection yourself. It may be because the seller is a trader or a private individual but anyway because you have organised the collection then unfortunately the liability of the seller ends as soon as your agent has collected the items.

I'm afraid I don't think you can get anywhere with Shiply. The only thing to do would be to make a claim and bring a small claim against Dash Couriers.  I see that their registered address is in Finchley in London and I can imagine that that is a private address. You would need to check with the land registry to see whether it is in fact owned by  Frank Ansah who is apparently the director and I suppose the owner of the courier company. This may be the person that you have been dealing with on the phone.

I was actually going to suggest that you pay him an extra delivery charge in order to get the items to you and then sue him for the return of the extra fee. That's before I realised the low value of the furniture.

I'm going to say now that you have got yourself into a position where there is hardly anything you can do because economically nothing makes sense.

Clearly you have already paid £60 for the delivery and he wants another £80 – and it isn't clear to me whether after having handed the items over to another courier, you will then be liable for their fees as well or if their fees are included in the £80. Whatever, it seems to me that you are being treated as a bit of a cash machine.

Clearly Dash Couriers have no right to do what they are doing and I would certainly suggest that you go around the Internet – to Google and to trust pilot and you put up one star reviews explaining what has happened.

I think your  course of action is either to try and reason with him on the telephone in a very non-conflictual way and maybe you might get him to bring your items over – or else sue him in the Small Claims Court. You have already made an allegation of theft and you have a crime reference number and I suppose that you have told Dash Couriers this and so I suppose that you are not on friendly terms. On that basis, the only thing left is to sue him at his Finchley address. Of course this means that you will pay about a £25 claim fee and if he doesn't put his hands up but prefers to force you to a hearing then you would also pay about hundred pounds for hearing fee. If you win the case – as you absolutely will – then you will be awarded these back as well as the value of your items. The trouble is that you may have difficulty in enforcing the judgement. You are looking here at a judgment of only about a hundred pounds or so which means the county court bailiffs and I'm afraid that they are very toothless.

If this furniture is really unique to the extent that you won't be able to get replacements anywhere else then maybe you will decide to pay him the extra money he wants in order to eventually get the stuff over to your own address. You would then consider suing him for any losses over and above the £60 which was agreed. The alternative is to sue him for the return of the furniture. Once again, you are left with the problem of enforcement and I'm afraid that companies like this often make it almost impossible to enforce judgements and frankly they often don't care about having a judgement against them.

I'm afraid I don't have much good news for you on this.

If you have any of your own suggestions to make then we are happy to comment on them but I'm afraid that the value of the items is so small that it is scarcely economically worth doing much about it – and you are dealing with a company against whom it may well be very difficult to enforce any judgement.

If you did bring a small claim then we would be happy to help you and your chances of success are much better than 95% – but am afraid enforcement of the judgement could be the real problem and it may not be worth throwing any more money at this.

I think that you may find yourself having to learn a lesson about checking and double checking the next time you employ some kind of courier – and of course your best interests are served by purchasing from eBay traders who will be responsible for the delivery arrangements – or even from eBay private individuals who also will be responsible for the delivery arrangements – because at least you are then likely to be able to get a reimbursement through PayPal who can be very helpful.

Not a lot of good Christmas news here I'm afraid

Thank you very much for such comprehensive lowdown.

I am very grateful you went into trouble to outline all possible prospects. 

I'll sleep on it and see how I feel tomorrow, this guy has exhausted me with his insane ramblings. I blocked him now as clearly it's not going anywhere so at least I don't have to read his nonsense.

I'll also would like to see see if Shiply are going disclose to me his legal address as they are the ones who advised me to seek  action against him.

But if all this gets too much, I'll just cut my losses, you're right and it's not worth the hassle. He's drained me in one day, I can't imagine what getting into some kind of litigation would be like. He's not ok in the head and I'd be engaging in a war with a mad person, it sounds very bleak.

I think I'm much more upset because of the callousness of his calculation - it's dinner set, table and chairs he is withholding and clearly understands that something like this would be desperately needed  for Christmas. My sister is visiting from overseas and with kitchen being in refurb I have no furniture so decided to buy something last minute. 

I don;t think I'd be having a proper Christmas dinner  at my place now,  it looks like we'd have to go elsewhere.

I just find it very disgraceful that one person would do it to another just for fun and a few easy extra bobs.