BankFodder BankFodder

beetle101

No Credit Why?

I am fuming.

I have like most people in the uk.

A reasonable credit history or so I thought.

Check it regularly.

Spouse does accounting.

when I go for a Hire Purchase agreement and get turned down. 

Despite my desposit being 1/3 third of the cost of the goods. 

I am fuming.

I have had payday lenders and loan companies offering me assistance because of how good I am at paying. 

I am employed and own homes.

So why am I being blacklisted by these companies for credit.

Credit search agencies and credit scores all have me down as a good risk.

Someone out there is determined to make me out to be a bad debtor. 

Its not my bank and its not my Savings so how do I get rid of this? 

I tried approaching solicitors but they say that unless I am willing to pay them over £350 per hour they will not help. 

And even if I could manage that they do not deal with such matters and refer me to the CAB. 

The CAB refers me to them and Credit Agencies who have stated that there is nothing on their end. 

But I have heard there is an additional information file that the Credit Agencies show only to their Business Clients and not to regular consumers and that there must be somthing on that which has been placed by a Business.

I do not owe any businesses except for utilities and they are the first to say I have an ongoing direct debit payments system.

They are happy with.

I am writing to ask how many other people out there are experiencing a blacklist on credit when they do not owe anything?

And please tell us who to approach to get this sorted. 

As if we are going over to a credit system in future. 

This proves that if we upset these so called businesses (even if they are proven wrong in court), they can restrict and possibly bankrupt us by just putting libel and slander online and on credit Agencies Sites.

Who do we go to see to clear it?

Who was the company. It might not be your Credit File but more to do with Lending Criteria :)

Always consider maybe looking at a comparison site for these sorts of things? Some will give your Acceptance Rates.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thread moved to the appropriate forum ...Credit Reference Agencies   please continue to post here to your thread.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi fkofilee

thanks  For the info.

But its not the credit or lending criteria because I meet all of those. 

Its the fact that its Lodged with the agencies that give the security checks. 

Funny thing is when I got home I found they had emailed me and set up an account. 

But when I looked into it. I was declined.

I just want to know who do the uk public see to get these sort of things resolved.

As for the product I was going to purchase. 

I have decided to wait until after christmas and pay it off in one go. 

Which I would have done anyway.

If I had got the credit.

Andyorch

Please let me know where the post has gone to as I would like to know if there is anyone else out there who has simular problems and how they dealth with it. Hence the posting.

Thanks

and Merry Xmas

(When I know where the post has gone I will make a donation).

Its here where you just posted..... in the Credit Reference Agencies Forum.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

so what was it you wer trying to buy?

for example if it was a new kitchen and you dont own the house of course the comapny isnt going to  give you credit

It was a tv because our old one packed up right before xmas.

And I was not prepared to purchase a new one until January sales. So i thought I would purchase it on Buy now pay later scheme.

Got declined.

Purchased the tv last Friday.  One thing about xmas there are a lot of card/board games you can play when not watching tv in the living room. And its an excellent conversation starter. - Lol (we all got one in our own bedrooms though).

Just to put the knife in I went back to the shop that refused us so that they could see we could afford it outright we just did not want to so near to xmas. 

Its a pity we could not have our credit records cleared because someone if definately making us a bad risk.

Happy New Year

My Credit file is now in a pretty good place, in fact the only thing showing is a 3 year old satisfied CCJ for less than 1k.  For the last 4 years I've had a steady, perfectly decent income with low outgoings, have good equity in my home  yet still I'm turned down for things for no reason.

It's always really weird things, I tried to buy a laptop for my son via creation and was turned down despite my car insurance payments being handled by them, never been late for even 1 payment.

Car leasing or PCP's are totally impossible for me despite being easily affordable. In fact I only just became eligible for a small limit Credit card (200 pounds).  I'm using that to buy petrol and paying it off every month and that seems to be (slowly) improving my credit score.

So your not the only one, and it's nothing personal.  You might just have one old CCJ or default still showing somewhere.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

need to look at all of the CRA free reports and see what is blotting your copybook.

Sometimes a lack of using credit is damaging.

My wife has never had credit so wouldnt have a decent credit score as they have no info on her

Edited by ericsbrother

You say you meet all the lending criteria, how do you know? Different companies have different criteria and that can change day by day. It could also be that someone entered something incorrectly. I recently applied for an M&S credit card which was reffered because I missed a 0 off my salary - it could easily just have been declined but wasn't.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .