CARFLOW ANPR PCN - overstay - The Oaks Car Park, Acton, London

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1 Date of the infringement= 08/11/2019

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]= 16/12/2019

3 Date received= 18/12/2019

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]= Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?= Unknown

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up= Have not contacted Carflow so far

7 Who is the parking company?= Carflow

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]= The Oaks Car Park, Acton, London

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.= POPLA

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. = BPA according to the letter head.  BTW the link in the 'HERE' text doesn't work anymore and BPA register site is down right now.

Hi all,

I have received the attached letter through the post day before yesterday and this is the first correspondence I have seen of this parking charge so far. 

It seems to me quite aggressive to send 'Notice of Pending Legal Action', but I noted the language used indicates that there should have been previous letters, but this is the first letter I've found since getting back home and opening all my backdated mail.  

I've checked the advice for posting a thread on this so here goes:

To add to this, I was not the driver at the time and this letter first made me aware of the charge. 

There is an attached parking receipt from that parking session (all old parking tickets live in the door bin lol)  and the car park apparently operates a 2hr free parking allowance for shoppers as I have recently discovered. 

the ticket covered the whole remaining period after that free period. 

However, I seem to be at a disadvantage now as the tone of the letter indicates the appeals period has passed even though I am just aware of this a couple of days ago. 

I'm pretty sure this will be sent to a debt collector which would be an annoyance. 

Any advice on how to combat this at this stage? 

Ignore or send an email/letter to Carflow?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Please let me know if any further info is needed and I apologise in advance if I have missed any etiquette in posting a new threat.

CarflowEdited.pdf Parking ticket.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to CARFLOW ANPR PCN - overstay - The Oaks Car Park, Acton, London

well done just about everything we need

you should always create your own thread..

onething i'm not understanding after a quick read..

are you saying you purchased [paid] for a ticket that covers the period on their demand? 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The person driving at the time informed me that they purchased the ticket which covers the period after the apparent free allowance of 2hrs.  However I'm not crystal clear on this so I'm driving up there tonight to figure this out for myself.  But quick maths on my part gave me the impression that after 2hrs free the £3 paid would more than cover the remaining time.

I'll be able to confirm this point when I get over there.  Thanks so much for the quick response :)

check they put the right reg in the machine when buying the ticket - I bet not.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes the registration is 100% correct in the ticket, I removed it in the attached copy using Acrobat for the whole 'no identifying info' thingy :)

So in your experience, at this stage, is it suck it up and pay or ignore them and contend with the debt collectors?  I feel frustrated I now have this bill without a chance to contest or query it.

On a side note, I'm sure you (dx) were the one who helped me defeat Lloyds bank years ago on my old CAG account ;)

oh yes

for the minute we need to gather info.

like when they entered the car park

when they purchased the ticket 

how long was the ticket for

exit time.

those at present don't easily appear to be clear

but no you don't ever consider paying nor appealing until/if by some remote chance they send a letter of claim.

others will help too.

and they

If this is the only correspondence the driver or keeper have received them it will be laughed out of court but lest get all of your info sorted before it gets that far.

can you gte back there and get some photos of the entrance to the land and any signs at the entrance? also any signs around the car aprk and lastly pictures of the ticket machine so we can read any blurb that you read when buyinga  ticket f it is different to the wording on the signage.

With a P&D the blurb on the machine is the contract, not the random signs so most important.no mention of paying them  a fortue for nothing on the machine? then you cant owe them.

You have to bear in mind that these companies only make money when someone does something wrong ( in their eyes) so they invent things that arent specifically intended or mentioned and are not arerse to just making stuff up as they know a large proportion will pay up anyway and moan afterwards

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

I had a similar problem recently. I parked in this car park and paid for the entire period after the first 90 minutes which was free.

The carpark company has contacted me claiming that if you stay over 90 minutes you have to pay for the entire stay. This was not made clear at the time and there was no signage that I could see stating this.

The company has subsequently put up additional signage to make this clear but they are still trying to recover the money from me.

I have some photographic evidence but it is a close up of the unclear signs and not a wide-shot of the payment machine area, where the new signs are now displayed.

Does anyone have any pictures of carpark from 2019/early 2020 that I could use to aid my case?

Or, any other advice?

I really dont want to pay this ticket as it is unfair but just need to make sure my evidence is watertight.

you need to create your own topic please

you wont get seen here..

hit create in the top red banner

and they