Trader not collecting car

steveod
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,
Purchased a vehicle from a trader for £5200 on a credit card. Rejected the vehicle with the trader within 14 days due to multiple failures on the vehicle in addition to it being sold in an unroadworthy condition.

The trader refused to refund the money even though accepting my rejection but he wanted me to pay for the original delivery and the return delivery of approx £800. I of course did not accept this and did a section 75 claim.

The credit card company did a dispute with the trader and has refunded me the money from the trader.

This is where the issue comes to head.

I have my original purchase price refunded. The credit card company has not lost their money as they did chargeback under the MasterCard rules. So appears the trader has “lost” the £5200 but now still owns the car on my driveway even though I am the registered keeper.

I believe the trader and credit card company owe me a few hundred pounds for my losses suffered such as insurance cancellation, expert report, car tax. The trader refuses to communicate with me even though I have told him many times to come collect the car.

What are my options as I need this car off my driveway as it is effecting my wife’s business. Car is not insured and SORN now.

Car been on my drive for almost 3 months. Cost to repair car minimum of £3000 just on known faults according to expert report.

Thanks

put the V5C back in his name and stick it out on the road?

well give him 14 days notice before you do it.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That sounds like a reasonable option. Except I will be abandoning an untaxed, uninsured vehicle onto the public highway. That’s an offence. Vehicle could get towed and crushed and then under tort  interference of goods act I could be liable.