BT business broadband

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Been a few years since my last posts and as the site was so helpful ask again. 

My wife runs her business from home and we have recently got BT business broadband fitted.

It's been a disaster since day 1.

We were told it work work in every room = no

That it was s reliable service = crashes daily 

We have tried to cancel the contract but they want around £500 to get out of the contract. 

The first complaint went in to bt within 30 days and I've been told by a friend that we should be able to cancel the contract.

Can anyone help.

Hopefully this post is in the correct section.

Thanks in advance

Stuart

Bis to bis you cant pull the 30days cancellation rights like as a person

But it should still work!

But the internal issues are not their problem

Is this wireless within the house?

Or wired to each room?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

https://business.bt.com/content/dam/terms/bt1130.pdf

6. ENDING THE CONTRACT 6.1

The Customer may cancel the Contract or the Service at any time before BT provides the Service.

The Customer will pay BT, by way of compensation, the cancellation charge specified in the Service Schedule.

Unless otherwise stated in the Service Schedule, the Contract or the Service may be ended by either party on 28 days’ notice by;

(a) either party giving written notice to the other; or

(b) where the Customer is switching its provider through an approved switching process, BT will accept that provider’s order notification as the Customer’s notice.

The 28 day notice period will commence on the date the order notification is received by BT.

6.3 In addition to the right the Customer has to end the Contract as set out in Clause 5.3,

the Customer may end the Contract if:

(a) BT materially breaches the Contract and, if the breach is capable of remedy, fails to put right the breach within a reasonable time of being asked by the Customer to do so; or

(b) BT ceases to do business; or has bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings brought against it; or makes an arrangement with its creditors (other than where solely for solvent amalgamation or solvent reconstruction); or a receiver, administrative receiver or administrator is appointed over any of its assets; or it goes into liquidation; or a notice is given, a petition is issued, a resolution is passed or any other step is taken to commence any of the foregoing procedures; or there is a corresponding event under Scottish law.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I don't understand why you are bothering to take advice from friends. you know about this place and you should come here first.

your problem here is to provide evidence that it is the installation which is at fault and not something which is your responsibility. When you challenge BT about this they will try to say it is you.  you will have to get evidence that it is them. I suppose eventually this means that you will have to get some independent expertise to ascertain what the problem is.

I can imagine with this will cause difficulties but if you can obtain this evidence then the rest should be fairly easy.

requiring £500 in compensation is potentially an excessive penalty which would be unenforceable.

They would have to give you a breakdown and show how this reflects their administrative losses.

of course if it is their breach then there would be no compensation to pay.

However BT like most of these companies are a bunch of dinosaurs and bullies. I would say that you should discover what this is and then come back to us.

if you then want to terminate the service with BT then I expect that the best way to do it will be to terminate it with notice and to pay the compensation sum they may require but under protest and then we will help you begin a small claims action to get it back with interest and costs.

If you discover that this is a breach by British telecoms then your chances of success will be better than 95%

37 minutes ago, dexters dad said:

Hmm. Ok, thank you  

Hmm.... I posted he T&Cs for our reference also to refer to as this is a B2B contract...and we are predominantly a Consumer Forum

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I think I would start asking around my neighbours and see if anyone else is supplied by BT and see what kind of equipment they have and the quality of their service. It would be interesting if you found other people locally with  the same problem

• Thanks 1

what supplier / equipment did you have before you went over to BT B2B?

the security is tougher on B2b but I can't see that making wi-fi crash.

a good test is to connect atleast one device by ethernet cable directly to the router

that way you can see if it is losing internet?

which I assume is your issue, not that the wi-fi link is crashing itself.

if it does then you have cause to complain.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

in what way?

and they

We had to have the broadband router moved upstairs to my wife's office as the signal wouldnt reach all the time.

When it was moved the camera outside our house and the internet side of our tv wouldnt work.

I know your possibly thinking it's an issue with our house not the router but it's a 1930 semi the same as millions of other houses. 

It's interesting that you have had problems with the signal provided by two different suppliers and two different sets of equipment.

Are there any similarities in any of the symptoms that you experienced with the virgin installation and now with the BT installation?

Is there any chance that you could substitute the BT router with one of your own and see if that makes a difference or if the problem is the same.

I have to say – and I'm sure you realise, that this is something that you will have to discover for yourself. But when you get the information then we can give you the legal assistance that you need.

well then it cant be anything to do with virmin nor BT.

• Haha 1

and they

we tried 

2 hours ago, dexters dad said:

Weve tried the plug in things and the wifi crashes 4 or 5 times a day. 

2 boxes that put the wi-fi around the mains wiring.. one in one room and one in another?

or additional wi-fi extender boxe?

and they