BankFodder BankFodder

mickrick

Text from Royal Mail to say package delivered - It wasn't!

I got a text message from Royal Mail last Thursday to say they would be delivering a package to me that day. I was out with my wife all day, and got another message later that day to say the package had been delivered to me or a "neighbour". When we arrived home, no card had been left by RM, so my wife checked with all our neighbours to se who it had been left with. But it hadn't been left with any of them.

The text message also had a tracking number, and when I checked the RM tracking site it just said "The system is currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference WJ915772456GB . Please try again later". 4 days later, it is still showing the same message. And to make matters worse, I have no idea who the package was from, but I am expecting several deliveries.

I have trawled RM's website looking for a number to ring to report this, but every option I select invariably just returns to the original page. CAn any of you suggest a number for me to call to report this? I live in the Belfast area.

Now, an aside to the original problem,

I also got a text the same day from the RM number, to say "There is an item waiting to be confirmed by Michael" (ie me), which goes on to impy that I had won a prize in RM's annual Currys prize draw.

It includes a website address to go to to claim the prize.

Now I'm no dozer, as we say here, and I know its a [problem].

But is it possible the 2 incidents may be linked?

The first to give the impression that there was a package for me,

the second to imply the package is a prize which I have to visit a website to claim?

Its the time of year when almost every household in the country is expecting some sort of package in the run up to Christmas, so would be a fairly easy [problem] to pull.

I'm not even impressed by the use of my name an mobile number, as I'm bound to have had these stolen in a security breach at sometime or other.

If there is a genuine package, I know its highly likely that I'll never receive it now.

But I need to know where its from so I can let the sender know asap.

I'm not able to comment on whether or not it is a [problem], but certainly if you know who the various senders might be then it seems to me that you are going to have to contact each one and ask them for the tracking number. Simply tell them that you haven't received the parcel and can you have the tracking number.

If the packages have been sent to you by a trader and you have purchased the item then although it may be a struggle, the trader has responsibility to get the package into your hands – or certainly, correctly at your address.

If the items are gifts or come from private individuals then you are probably going to have a problem.

royal mail don't send out text msgs

very well known sc@m

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

5 hours ago, dx100uk said:

royal mail don't send out text msgs

very well known sc@m

dx

Yeah I've since come across others who have had the same issue. Interesting as well that the text came from Royal Mail with no associated phone number.

4 hours ago, Ethel Street said:

No. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

5 hours ago, BankFodder said:

I'm not able to comment on whether or not it is a [problem], but certainly if you know who the various senders might be then it seems to me that you are going to have to contact each one and ask them for the tracking number. Simply tell them that you haven't received the parcel and can you have the tracking number.

If the packages have been sent to you by a trader and you have purchased the item then although it may be a struggle, the trader has responsibility to get the package into your hands – or certainly, correctly at your address.

If the items are gifts or come from private individuals then you are probably going to have a problem.

Luckily I haven't had to do that. A couple of the packages I've been expecting turned up today. And those outstanding have either a different tracking number, which were included on the relevant shipping email, or haven't been shipped yet.

I have been waiting on a couple of usb cables coming from China (Gearbest) and they don't have GB tracking numbers.