Dessault Systems Solidworks/CJCH sols - copyright infringement threats

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have just received a letter from CJCH solicitors claiming my company has been using a cracked copy of Solidworks 2017.

We have 3 paid for seat of Solidworks 2015 and have never used either a legal or cracked version of Solidworks 2017.

CJCH have said they are going to send me the MAC addresses of the computers that have used the cracked version.

After discussion with my design team one of them has imported a couple of model files that were created on a cracked version of SW2017, these models were sent to us from a factory that we use to manufacture product in China.

Any advise from anyone please :-

1 - Will opening a model made on cracked version of SW2017 have flagged up to them as if we had a cracked copy on our network?

2 - Is it infringement of copyright to open a file created on a cracked version?

3 - Do I just tell them one of our factories sent us a file that we opened and that we have since found out it was created from a cracked version of SW2017 and that they have no claim against us?

Any advise gratefully accepted.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

in addition to the links above, I think that the answer to your main question as to whether you are infringing copyright by using a file which was created by an infringing work the answer is no.

however, you will see what the reputation of the solicitors is in relation to this software company

additionally I would strongly advise that you don't give them any information as to the source of the file and for the moment ignore them until you hear more. In that case come back to us and tell us what is going on

just like the BMW logo infringement sc@mmer solicitors that trawl ebay

the solicitors want to make sure their xmas party for all employees in the Bahamas is well attended using free flights bought with the free money mugs pay them.

there is little evidence their clients ever see a penny 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...